Super Mario Advance 4 gets unofficial 3DS port in new proof of concept homebrew release

sdadasddsadsadsadasdasdas.png

Why emulate Super Mario Advance 4, when you can play it natively, on your 3DS? A user named Mythical-Atlas has created a homebrew port of the game to the Nintendo 3DS, which features custom-written code to get all the audio and handling functions working correctly through CTR User Library. Right now, it only contains the first level of Super Mario Bros. 3, but the dev claims that the homebrew has "modular support for multiple different levels". They're also working on other 3DS homebrew projects, and this port will be the basis for them.

:arrow: Source

SylverReZ

The planet is fine. The people are crazy.
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Has nothing to do with other GBA games, if that's what you think.
I think they're referring to playing this port rather than using emulation.

• Sad
Reactions: ChibiMofo

seseiSeki

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I think they're referring to playing this port rather than using emulation.
Sry, this is a bit off-topic and has nothing to do with this cool project. I just wanted to say: agb_firm is not an emulator, it's basically a GBA mode that utilizes the 3DS' internal ARM7 CPU to natively run GBA games, not emulate them :D
https://www.3dbrew.org/wiki/ARM7_Registers

NumberXIIIEdwin

Jack In! MegaMan, Execute!!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I mean, is it really emulation I’m running it through the GBA Virtual Console on my 3DS? ;)

But seriously, this is super impressive. I hope they’re able to somehow incorporate the few missing e-reader cards that didn’t make it into the Wii U VC version.

RedoLane

Supreme Punmaster
Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
I didn't expect this to be so impressive, but it actually blew my mind.
Gonna have a field day when the port will be completed...if there's ever a plan to complete it.
(Fun Fact: SMA4 was actually my first GBA game and my first ever handheld game!)

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
a Brazilian modder already did it, It even supports ultra wide screens.

And it sucks, not the mod, but the game itself. It makes an already easy game easier.

I get that. I just like to play oldies in widescreen nowadays if possible than in 4:3 since we don't use that AR anymore.

However, for movies and shows intended to be seen in 4:3 then they should stay as is than be cropped or stretched to 16:9 (it's a weird butchering when it happens).

Reactions: BlazeMasterBM

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Wheat flour has a lower chance at survival