ROM Hack [Partial Patch] NEWLOVEPLUS+ English Translation

Dgrin

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
1. Img.bin file:
A repacker/injector wouldn't really be a hard thing to make, however with an injector, if the injected files don't match it would have to repack anyways.

oh I see, 'don't match', do you mean name-wise, type-wise, size-wise or..? Perhaps the drag&drop 'inject' tool can initially target folder names first and then replace the individual name.file-types located inside each folder of the img.bin? We'd possibly favour an img.bin 'inject' tool (so our patches can become as light as possible with easy-to-follow patch-inject DIY instructions) but If this is going to become a big complicated issue with automatically inject-replacing the correct files inside the img.bin then we'll need the NLPUNPACKER tool to be worked further and gain a 'repack' phase so we'll atleast have a complete 'unpack>edit>repack' manual route as a solution...

Thank you for the information, the part about the code.bin file might not be relevant any-more, I'll transfer the info and ask the people that requested this from me again...

Based on the 2009 info, the 2009 DS game's arm9.bin we next need to have unpacked holds the translation that corresponds with text parts from the 'textresource' files (says here: "Text in this part is girls' nicknames and choices for exams.").. Though after test-running a poorly translated version of the 'textresource_resident_jpn.trb' file it made no difference anywhere in the game.. I'll add in the list that we also need an unpacking method for the romfs:\SystemData\TextResource\*.trb files that hold some structure like you instructed hopefully this will lead somewhere, thank you!

4. Missing Script Files:
There are some text files inside the img.bin,I believe they're .trb files. randomly sampling, I found "ワギナ" and "だいそんちゃん"(what a coincidence). Will take another crack at the img.bin later.

Do you mean the .trb in the textresource folder cause based on the file type list from folders inside the img.bin there weren't any .trb files located in there, so far the only scripts we found were in .mdc format and they resemble the 'mail'.. Thank you for the hint, I'll have another look to see if I can locate any .trb files inside the img.bin folders and try to make sense what they actually are...

and yeah...that 'banned words' list!!!!XDXDXD

We'll have a grammatical / spelling error report page up soon. Any errors encountered or any non-fluid sentences you'd like to correct should land on there. It'll my my job hell of a lot easier.

Ok, I'm on it, I've added a public report page on the first post so people can report back if they come across any grammatical / spelling error or anything out of place to help you out with the proofreading process.(also promoted this project in other forums again today to try to attract and recruit new translators/proofreaders,etc...)

Last edited by Dgrin,

NCDyson

Hello Boys...
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, I was talking about file size. I completely forgot that the img.bin uses sector based offsets, so there is actually some wiggle room for an injector.

Reactions: Dgrin

samcambolt270

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would love to test this out, but i am currently incapable of downloading a rom of the game, as every site i would download it on is either completely down, or not cooperating.
Edit: and after checking the files, i found that the hans version is not a romfs, and i have no idea how to use it if it is not. i guess i'll have to figure it out, unless someone makes a patched cia for me to use.
EDIT AGAIN: nevermind, i think i got it.

Last edited by samcambolt270,

Dgrin

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
nevermind, i think i got it.

Yeah, we won't be sharing fully patched files but there are 'readme' guides included in the patch that should help you out with tracking down all the material and steps that are required for a successful patching process concerning HANS or NTR patches.

Last edited by Dgrin,

Lp Fan <3 NENE

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I have few question, i have read in a other forum that other people make a English patch for Nlpp. is that the same patch? And how long do you need to finished the translation? And when is finished, where i can download that? How many percent of the Game is translate? Is the final Translation 100% of the game? the other Forum is openen since February 2016. sry for my bad English, im not a English speaker

samcambolt270

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, we are not aloud to share fully patched files but there are 'readme' guides included in the patch that should help you out with all the material and steps that are required for a successful patching process concerning HANS or NTR. We will not be supporting CIA for now but the patch files can be used to replace the original inside a CIA file.
I managed to get it working, but i seem to run into an error. after booting it with hans, it appears as though the patch has not worked, as everything is still in japanese. i thought that maybe the menu wasnt translated yet, so i clicked the option that said new, but an error screen apeared.
EDIT: it appears to show a picture of the home button, and says something like "press the button (new love plus)" and the rest is incomprehensible to me.

Last edited by samcambolt270,

Dgrin

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
EDIT: it appears to show a picture of the home button, and says something like "press the button (new love plus)" and the rest is incomprehensible to me.

Seems to me it's just the 'new save data' screen, can you send me a pic of the error screen in a pm so I can try help you solve this?

where i can download that? How many percent of the Game is translate? Is the final Translation 100% of the game?

As far as I know we are the only group working on an English patch ATM (there is also a Chinese patch project), If you look under 'download' at the first post we have a partial 28% translation patch already available, though reaching 100% might take a while since ATM we currently don't have translators working at the rest of the scripts. To keep track of the progress keep an eye out at the first post and the date that is part of the patch's name that will change every time we update the patch files with new data...

Last edited by Dgrin,

Dgrin

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
What i need?

Beta-patch files comes with full instructions concerning you building a HANS or NTR patch... If you have no previous experience with any other HAX yet then you can install a vanilla HAX, you'll need the patch in the first post of this thread under 'download', a 3DS/3DSXL/2DS (any region), a copy of the NewLovePlus+ game and to install any HAX that can run the Homebrew Launcher (preferably installing the HomeMenuHax through BrowserHax). Then follow step by step the 'HANS.readme' instructions that can be located inside the patch. You can then repeat the patching process every time we release a new patch till it reaches 100%.

Last edited by Dgrin,

Lp Fan <3 NENE

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Can i use a Nintendo 3ds/2ds Flashcard with a japanese rom copy of New Love plus+? here on this Website
https://sites.google.com/site/loveplustrans/patching-instructions
is a tutorial to patch the Love plus game for the DS with a rom copy of Love plus and with a Flash card! Is there some Programs like this programs in the tutorial? is the process to patch New Love Plus+ then the same process like to patch Love Plus for the Ds title? Can you give me a link for a patch tutorial? thanks for the Answers

Last edited by Lp Fan <3 NENE,

Dgrin

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Although I would advice beta-testers who will play the game for the first time to be patient till more of this game is translated or the script files are proofread and improved in order to have a fuller first-time experience, but since I was asked about this a few times already here's a quick explanation how to navigate the 'new save data' creation (till someone creates the tools we need to get the translated graphics running in the game):
new.jpg

These instructions for the 2009 game are similar and you can use these as a guide to navigate the rest.

is the process to patch New Love Plus+ then the same process like to patch Love Plus for the Ds title?

We don't have such a ROM tool yet, but you can do it manually if you wish.

Last edited by Dgrin,

Dgrin

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
So i can not use a rom from the Internet? I must import the Game from Japan?

ATM you can either set up your 3DS to run the HANS or NTR plugins with the game cart/digital/ROM or use our patch files and follow a completely different process manually...

Last edited by Dgrin,

Lp Fan <3 NENE

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
You can use our patch files with a HANS or NTR patch and it's possible to replace them inside a 3DS/CIA file but you have to be experienced with extended hacking etc and also set up your 3DS to accept these hack plugins first or own a 3DS flashcard...

So that says its very hard to patch the game only with a flashcard and without hans?

Dgrin

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
So that says its very hard to patch the game only with a flashcard and without hans?

Well yes and no depending on your skills, if our current HANS & NTR methods do not suit you, you can use our patch files in any other way it suits you best. Figure out what you actually want to do and then research the correct tools or find the suitable GATEMP thread that can accommodate you with the desired process.

Last edited by Dgrin,

Dgrin

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Is there anything news ?? =)) i'm a newbier and i really love u guys for translate NLP+

The 3DS is quite a new territory hacking-wise, we'd first need some very specific hacking tools for the game's file types before we can continue any further and finding a 3DS hacking tool developer who is interested in this game, willing and available to help us and can work around those file types has not been easy. ATM we have mapped and prepared a lot of the translated graphics but there's no way to inject or test them in the game yet due to the lack of hacking tools. We're also really short of translators who wish to handle the rest of the scripts but I keep putting the word out there in various forums and social media to possibly recruit translators & proofreaders and if there's any new developments I'll make sure to post it back here.

Last edited by Dgrin,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: you can fap to your favorite character without it being gay