Translation List of English fantranslations and translation ports

Ryab

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are you still doing any work on Kanon? I know you started awhile back but I was unsure if that ever went anywhere.

PrincessLisette

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
another suggestion for a potential translation port - Aiyoku no Eustia.

The fan translation patch leaked for it a few days ago (VNDB link to the patch). the translation needs to be QA'd properly. The people meant to be doing this for the PC patch have been taking forever, hence somebody leaked the patch.

from what i've heard the adult content in the game is largely relegated to outside the core routes, so unless there are major plot differences/added content in the console ports, it'll almost be a 1:1 conversion.

Entergram published the Switch port in Japan so anybody familiar with how they program their games are best suited for the programming side.

Reactions: mathew77

masagrator

The patches guy
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Entergram published the Switch port in Japan so anybody familiar with how they program their games are best suited for the programming side.
"Is published by Entergram". Publisher doesn't point to which engine is used.

It's using NeXAS according to vndb which I'm familiar with enough to fully disassemble scripts. Dunno about PC version.

Are you still doing any work on Kanon?
It's on pause because changes in translation messages ordering is too invasive that I lost willpower in the middle of script. I guess it would be easier if I would know Japanese good enough to easily see where are those changes instead of using google translator to help figure this out... but then I wouldn't be porting translations... :D

Ryab

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

It's using NeXAS according to vndb which I'm familiar with enough to fully disassemble scripts. Dunno about PC version.

It's on pause because changes in translation messages ordering is too invasive that I lost willpower in the middle of script. I guess it would be easier if I would know Japanese good enough to easily see where are those changes instead of using google translator to help figure this out... but then I wouldn't be porting translations... :D
I could definitely see that as an issue seeing the original TL was a complete mess and has had to be fixed slowly over time.

blashy101

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Entergram uses a somewhat proprietary system, I haven't been able to crack it, it's very unfamiliar to me.

masagrator

The patches guy
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Entergram uses a somewhat proprietary system, I haven't been able to crack it, it's very unfamiliar to me.
If Entergram is developing game, yes. They have their own engine used f. e. in Higurashi or KonoSuba game that is known for implementing custom opcodes for every title, so tool for one game is not compatible with another (hell, even 2.0.0 version of Higurashi has script with opcodes changed enough to not be compatible with older versions of game). But only publishing doesn't mean anything.
Post automatically merged:

I could definitely see that as an issue seeing the original TL was a complete mess and has had to be fixed slowly over time.
Yeah, I checked the reedited script too, and it doesn't change much how messages order was manipulated.

moni_k3

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
m.soundcloud.com
XP
Country
Spain
Could you take a look at the game and post a screenshot?
I made some screenshots of both the switch and steam versions. Honestly, it seems like it's a different engine:
Title Screen.
20231204115006_1.jpg

One of the first dialogues.
20231204115041_1.jpg

Config menu.
20231204115052_1.jpg
Title Screen.
2023120411350500-590A365CC1FF2FC267E1AE80E7470E59.jpg

Same dialogue as the steam ver.
2023120411353900-590A365CC1FF2FC267E1AE80E7470E59.jpg

Menu when prressing the X button.
2023120411354900-590A365CC1FF2FC267E1AE80E7470E59.jpg

Config menu
2023120411522100-590A365CC1FF2FC267E1AE80E7470E59.jpg

EDIT: I have the files for both the first game (Le volume sur printemps) and the extracted Switch game. It seems the Switch version is made on UnrealEngine(3?) because the files extensions are PAX. However the steam version(s) seem to have the iga extension, and it seems to be a propietary file for Innocent Grey games. I've found a way to decrypt the Steam's version files with https://github.com/RikuKH3/igapack , and they return all the game files, but I can't seem to locate the text...
Aditionally, I can't seem to extract the PAK files

Last edited by moni_k3,

masagrator

The patches guy
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
It seems the Switch version is made on UnrealEngine(3?) because the files extensions are PAX
It's "pak", not "pax", and not Unreal Engine, but "Prototype" studio proprietary engine. It was used in Switch versions of Summer Pockets, Little Busters, Clannad, Air, Kanon, etc. This engine is very specific and before release of Kanon in every game messages are integrated into scripts. Since Kanon they are stored separately. So for any game ported by Prototype released before Kanon you must write Disassembler and Assembler for each game separately to translate it. Disassembler for one game won't work with another.

UI texts + texts for non VN gameplay parts are stored inside executable.

Messages are stored in SCRIPT.PAK in case of games older than Kanon release on Switch.

moni_k3

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
m.soundcloud.com
XP
Country
Spain
It's "pak", not "pax", and not Unreal Engine, but "Prototype" studio proprietary engine. It was used in Switch versions of Summer Pockets, Little Busters, Clannad, Air, Kanon, etc. This engine is very specific and before release of Kanon in every game messages are integrated into scripts. Since Kanon they are stored separately. So for any game ported by Prototype released before Kanon you must write Disassembler and Assembler for each game separately to translate it. Disassembler for one game won't work with another.

UI texts + texts for non VN gameplay parts are stored inside executable.

Messages are stored in SCRIPT.PAK in case of games older than Kanon release on Switch.
Uh yes, sorry, my dyslexia fucked that up. Thought it was a Unreal Engine after some searches in google. Could you point me in the direction on how could I write that? I'd like to at least try, even though it sounds pretty difficult

masagrator

The patches guy
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Uh yes, sorry, my dyslexia fucked that up. Thought it was a Unreal Engine after some searches in google. Could you point me in the direction on how could I write that? I'd like to at least try, even though it sounds pretty difficult
I have figured it out myself for few games and I didn't write any documentation about it.

You can reference my python scripts if this will help at all, to get list of names for each opcode you must put executable into IDA and search for one of first ones in python script, because they are common - like EQUN, you should find an array list of string pointers corresponding to opcode values.

https://github.com/masagrator/NXGam...Pockets REFLECTION BLUE/script_disassemble.py
https://github.com/masagrator/NXGameScripts/blob/main/AIR/script_dumper.py

I have more, but those two were actually used to make mods.
If you know Python, don't ask me why I was using there numpy etc. Mistakes of youth. 😁

And btw. Scripts are using offset jumps, so you must fix that too.

Last edited by masagrator,

moni_k3

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
m.soundcloud.com
XP
Country
Spain
I have figured it out myself for few games and I didn't write any documentation about it.

You can reference my python scripts if this will help at all, to get list of names for each opcode you must put executable into IDA and search for one of first ones in python script, because they are common - like EQUN, you should find an array list of string pointers corresponding to opcode values.

https://github.com/masagrator/NXGameScripts/blob/main/Summer Pockets REFLECTION BLUE/script_disassemble.py
https://github.com/masagrator/NXGameScripts/blob/main/AIR/script_dumper.py

I have more, but those two were actually used to make mods.
If you know Python, don't ask me why I was using there numpy etc. Mistakes of youth. 😁

And btw. Scripts are using offset jumps, so you must fix that too.
Oh wow, that looks impressive. I work with Python so I'll play around a little to see if I'm capable of doing that. Thank you :)

MamoruOkami

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
hi @masagrator , is translating Momotaro Dentetsu World possible?

I know @blashy101 was looking into translating this game but ran into some hurdles with covering files or something... But it seems possible!! Just requires a decent bit of effort!! Coincidentally, if you wanna discuss Momotaro World, feel free to message me on Discord! I wanna make an English speaking group!

I'm myutoto on discord

blashy101

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know @blashy101 was looking into translating this game but ran into some hurdles with covering files or something... But it seems possible!! Just requires a decent bit of effort!! Coincidentally, if you wanna discuss Momotaro World, feel free to message me on Discord! I wanna make an English speaking group!

I'm myutoto on discord
Yeah this is really possible on account of it being done in Unity, it's just a series of assetbundles that have no descriptors what so ever so it really needs to be analyzed with something like AssetRipper or UABEANext which can both do folders, the textures are swizzled so the recent build of UABEA can handle that but you gotta know which assetbundles to go for otherwise you are individually checking over 1000 files. It's 100% doable, I just simply don't have the time to work on something so monumental. However, if you get down to it and just need help with raw translation or graphic stuff, I can jump in, I just don't have the capacity or time to get the files you would need to edit for a translation patch lol

Jerriel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
i hope this is still being updated, i noticed there ar emsising translated games here like
Chaos Head Noah (Commiteee of Zero QoL Translation)
YS Memoire the Oath in Felghana - ENG PATCH (Found this on Reddit its a direct full english port from PSP )
Then The post from Above

masagrator

The patches guy
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Chaos Head Noah (Commiteee of Zero QoL Translation)
I am not adding to this list translations for games that already have official translation.

Then The post from Above
I have already explained to them that until game is being actively supported with new content, it's not finished.

YS Memoire the Oath in Felghana - ENG PATCH (Found this on Reddit its a direct full english port from PSP )
I won't add this without proper link.

Reactions: blashy101

blashy101

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It was never my intention to release this since it's so silly, but my 5 year old is learning math and loves Halloween stuff, so I translated this game into English for him, and his Mother has advised me to release it publicly for other parents (??), so here's a full English translation for グレコからの挑戦状!計算の城とオバケたち たし算 aka Challenge Letter from Greco Calculation Castle and Ghosts.

GitHub Download

Enjoy lol

Attachments

• 0100b5c00ab3c000_2024-01-24_12-00-19-396.png
    0100b5c00ab3c000_2024-01-24_12-00-19-396.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 14
  • 0100b5c00ab3c000_2024-01-24_12-00-37-836.png
    0100b5c00ab3c000_2024-01-24_12-00-37-836.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 15
  • 0100b5c00ab3c000_2024-01-24_12-00-55-332.png
    0100b5c00ab3c000_2024-01-24_12-00-55-332.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 15