Translation List of English fantranslations and translation ports

elMamuton

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Do you know what engine they’re running?
Soft engine 2 (i think)
Post automatically merged:

Do you know what engine they’re running?
I'm having trouble to confirm that they used soft engine 2.0. Is there any way to extract this information directly from the game files?? The only thing i know is that Koei and Omega-force games use the sane engine as the Warriors series.
Another information, the PC and PS4 version of the games have english translation.

Last edited by elMamuton,
Reactions: blashy101

blashy101

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Need patch tester(s)! I decided to translate Japanese Rail Sim - Akechi Line (YouTube) (Tinfoil) since Journey to Kyoto got an official English translation, but this one didn't. However! I am so unbelievably bad at these kinds of games, so I need someone who actually knows how to play them to go through and check everything out. I'm already aware of a few mistranslations/bugs but I really can't check this out on my own due to skill limitation. If anyone is interested please DM me and I'll send you the patch files.

Screenshots:

2023110723015400_s.jpg

2023110723013400_s.jpg

2023110723014400_s.jpg

2023110723015900_s.jpg

Thanks in advance!

elMamuton

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Need patch tester(s)! I decided to translate Japanese Rail Sim - Akechi Line (YouTube) (Tinfoil) since Journey to Kyoto got an official English translation, but this one didn't. However! I am so unbelievably bad at these kinds of games, so I need someone who actually knows how to play them to go through and check everything out. I'm already aware of a few mistranslations/bugs but I really can't check this out on my own due to skill limitation. If anyone is interested please DM me and I'll send you the patch files.

Screenshots:

View attachment 403340
View attachment 403341
View attachment 403342
View attachment 403343

Thanks in advance!

If i knew how to play, i would help. But the existence of this type of game It is news to me.

Any thoughts about the english Port that o mentioning above ???

If i knew how to play, i would help. But the existence of this type of game It is news to me.

Do you have a Discord server with your translationi Works?

blashy101

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Do you have a Discord server with your translationi Works?
I’m fairly sure it would be possible to do a port of the official translation, however, I would need to get the PC game as well as the Switch game to even try and work it out and I’ve already got enough on my plate as it is. If it was an engine I was more familiar with like Unity or UE4 then it would be less trouble but I know nothing of Soft Engine I’m afraid! :(

(And no I don’t really like discord lol, I’m sorry, I usually just post finished projects on my GitHub)

elMamuton

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I’m fairly sure it would be possible to do a port of the official translation, however, I would need to get the PC game as well as the Switch game to even try and work it out and I’ve already got enough on my plate as it is. If it was an engine I was more familiar with like Unity or UE4 then it would be less trouble but I know nothing of Soft Engine I’m afraid! :(

(And no I don’t really like discord lol, I’m sorry, I usually just post finished projects on my GitHub)

I'm starting out in this world of translations now, I want it to be a kind of hobby.
If you need help testing games that aren't train simulators I can help.

Regarding the game I'm wanting to port, do you think it would be possible to access the game's text without access to and knowledge of its engine and do a more manual port, copying and pasting the text in English???

blashy101

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm starting out in this world of translations now, I want it to be a kind of hobby.
If you need help testing games that aren't train simulators I can help.

Regarding the game I'm wanting to port, do you think it would be possible to access the game's text without access to and knowledge of its engine and do a more manual port, copying and pasting the text in English???
I'll certainly keep that in mind haha, thank you.

I imagine so, it really kind of depends. You could be lucky enough to just replace files from the PC version and it would "just work", otherwise there may be a variety of different amounts of work involved. I would recommend getting copies of both versions, and comparing them to see how similar they look, and also so you can determine what engine it is running 100%.

elMamuton

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I'll certainly keep that in mind haha, thank you.

I imagine so, it really kind of depends. You could be lucky enough to just replace files from the PC version and it would "just work", otherwise there may be a variety of different amounts of work involved. I would recommend getting copies of both versions, and comparing them to see how similar they look, and also so you can determine what engine it is running 100%.
Do you know How to extract linkedata.bin files ???

moni_k3

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
m.soundcloud.com
XP
Country
Spain
Hi everyone!
Yesterday I saw that the Flowers VN series was released on the switch in 2019, however they only have de japanese language available.
These games already have translation in their steam/ps4 versions, and I'd like to at least try to see if i could get the transaltion for the translated games and put in in the switch game collection. Could anyone guide me in what direction should I go?
Thank you.

Reactions: mathew77

blashy101

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you know How to extract linkedata.bin files ???
I do not, I would suggest trying to open them with Kuriimu2

Hi everyone!
Yesterday I saw that the Flowers VN series was released on the switch in 2019, however they only have de japanese language available.
These games already have translation in their steam/ps4 versions, and I'd like to at least try to see if i could get the transaltion for the translated games and put in in the switch game collection. Could anyone guide me in what direction should I go?
Thank you.
It would depend on what engine they use, do you have either the Steam or the Switch versions available?

blashy101

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can you share your process to translate a game ??
So, it really depends on the game, but for example if a game is using Unity, it's generally pretty easy. I use a combination of a couple tools, AssetRipper to check out the whole game directory and see what I'm dealing with, how many textures etc, and if the textures aren't swizzled, I can do a bulk export of Texture2D files from there and do what I need to do, and if textures are swizzled, I use UABEA for importing/exporting of assets because this tool de-swizzles and re-swizzles textures for Tegra processor. Usually if a game has TextAssets that helps for easy translation but otherwise you'll need to edit MonoScripts/Behaviors for text translation.

UE4 is also pretty easy, Glidor's tools and unrealunpak by Masagrator is really helpful. So far I've noticed that text assets for UE4 games are either simple localization text files or they're some kind of datatable you can edit in a hex editor after a little looking around.

Bezel Engine games are also very do-able but I have had no successful completed projects with that engine yet.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto