Hacking [OLD] Loadiine backup loader for WiiU 5.3.2 ONLY (NO 5.4 NO 5.5!)

hundshamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has anyone else had problems with NUSGrabber not getting the latest update without the version number, and that WiiUBrew's lists are outdated? Are they somehow linked? I have 2 games now that aren't downloading the current version. Super Smash Bros. U downloads v80 unless I specify v160, I've tried without specifying any version, which is supposed to load the latest. Hyrule Warriors is showing v1.3.0 (v48) when v1.7.0 (v???) IIRC is current. Is there any way to find the current version number to download other than WiiUbrew?

crediar

Possiblenator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Last edited by crediar,

hundshamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reactions: paulloeduardo

Arif

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
can someone help I am trying to run discu and it will not work see the dos box for a sec and that's all I am on windows 10 64bit thx

Right click the folder DiscU is in while holding shift and select "Open command window here"
type discu.exe to see the command you need to use for extracting images.

Wurztha

Admìn MoFo :P
Trophies
XP
Country
In order to port to another firmware, you must find the similar parts of the loader code and change a lot of adresses. It's doable but it takes a lot of times and patience, to compare with the 5.3.2 version of the loader. I'm not sure it's interesting to port to a lower firmware.

Also is there any point porting to a lower FW as that will also affect compatibility with missing files for higher FW games?

It's possible to launch some games only with mii maker (what I did at first), the compatibility can be affected because mii maker is not configured to have a lot of memory.
At first I wanted to add a mode to be able to use mii maker or smash bros to launch a game. But the code is too big for the browser exploit (which is limited). It will handled in a future version.

I had an idea I posted in the compatibility thread here: https://gbatemp.net/threads/officia...mpatibility-sheet.398616/page-18#post-5717083

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
One idea I have had is to use an original Smash Bros disc to lauch a backup of Smash Bros which has had the original .rpx/.rpl files padded out to make them larger thus giving more space to work with from the start.
I don't think it's possible.
loadiine will not be able to load a bigger (padded) SSB rpx, as the IOS will only stop reading/writing rpx into memory at the original rpx size. (6 chunck x 4MB)
loadiine will replace the first 6 loaded chucks (~22MB) with the same amount of chuck size from SD and the game will launch, the padded extra size will be skipped. (the game will launch before loadiine can write more data than the original rpx size)

and if it worked, what would you do by loading SSBU rpx from SD ? play SSBU

Wurztha

Admìn MoFo :P
Trophies
XP
Country
Could the first time that Loadiine is ran be a temporary thing, that then gets reset/replaced when it loads the backup with the padded out .rpx/.rpl files?

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
the problem is that it only loads its given rpx, if you could make it load bigger ones you could make it load bigger ones....no need to mess about with ssb a second time

Last edited by gamesquest1, , Reason: goof :P

EclipseSin

Ignorant Wizard
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yea, meaning the only way to really do that would be to fake a Smash update on the console with a properly modified RPX (this would probably be time consuming). Just adding 00's or DEADC0DE's for padding will likely not work. And at that point, you might as well just go the whole 100 yards and fake a game install instead of an update.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: 24,000 hmmmm lol