Has anyone ever used moddedhardware.com?

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I never heard of it but I put these sites in the same category as YouTube homebrew videos, avoid them. We are constantly dealing with people buying these products and having no idea what was done to them and how to maintain them. Or just having issues that are difficult to troubleshoot since the buyer doesn’t know what went into hack.

vstar950

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I never heard of it but I put these sites in the same category as YouTube homebrew videos, avoid them. We are constantly dealing with people buying these products and having no idea what was done to them and how to maintain them. Or just having issues that are difficult to troubleshoot since the buyer doesn’t know what went into hack.
I have chatted with them and they do reply back. They are in ohio. They say that they send you links for whatever else needs to be done after the fact so you can get tge software needed or things configured properly. They said just send in the tablet and they return everything back when done. They seem to be nice people.🤷🏼‍♂️

Then who do you recommend for a chip install?

Reactions: Subtle Demise

rcpd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks, everyone, for the insightful discussion on modding the OLED Switch. The comparison between HWFLY, Picofly, and INSTINCT-NX V6 chips was particularly helpful. I'm leaning towards the Picofly due to its features and compatibility, but I'm concerned about the micro soldering part. Does anyone have tips for a beginner in micro soldering, or suggestions for tools that could make the process more manageable? Also, how crucial is the firmware version for these mods? Looking forward to contributing to this community with my modding journey.
The best way I found for me to accomplish things like micro soldering was practice. Which meant I had to find something we had that isn't used that I could practice with. When it worked again, I knew I was done.

SD80

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
This guy hasn’t returned my OLED Switch
Post automatically merged:

I sent in my OLED to be serviced

He keeps lying about sending it back

Tracking information states label created nothing more

Beware

vstar950

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This guy hasn’t returned my OLED Switch

I sent in my OLED to be serviced

He keeps lying about sending it back

Tracking information states label created nothing more

Beware
He has mine and just sent an email. He is testing and sending it back. How long has he had your switch? What lies is he saying?

This is his email in the last 24 hours.

New Updates On Mail in and Mig Switch orders​

Ryan Daly — February 17, 2024

Hi there. Thank you all for the support that you have shown, and I appreciate your patience. I am making this post because I want to let everyone know a few things about the mig switch and the wait times for mail-in systems, as well as answer some questions to reduce the workload for the emails we have to answer
so the latest update from mig switch is as follows for the orders, and I quote.
"Hello,
we are slowly shipping now. We can't guarantee a date, but it is coming soon. This month, everyone will get their order.
Mig Switch
Миг-Свитч"
This is our latest information, and I will let you all know as soon as it gets here. We have a large order coming, but not all orders will be filled when we get this. So the next order will arrive later and include the dumper. We hope
For the mail-ins, we have some people asking when their system will get done, and we are crushing through systems, saying there is only one person here who does the micro-soldering. It is a significant workload for them. The average switch takes 3 hours before the testing process. That is a ton of work for one person. We have brought someone on to do the assembly disassembly and the testing, so we are working through them. as fast as possible. Also, we drop off our packages, and the place where our mailbox is is not USPS or UPS, so the tracking takes a few days to update. We also usually do work on Sunday how; however, we have been during this time, and I apologize for making people wait for their systems. It is something I've not wanted to do, but I want to put out a quality product and not some garbage switch modded that will break in a few weeks and leave you all with less money in your bank account and a broken switch.
Also, I want to address a few of you who are making my job harder than needed, so let me clarify something. If you are going to be rude to me or anyone who works in my supply chain, aka harassing phone calls or appearances at the place where I have my mailbox, I will refund your money and send your switch back unmodded. I do want your business. I have been told by the sweet and kind people who work there that people have come in, yelled at them, called on the phone, and been rude to them. I don't want your business if that is how you will act. I understand that sending your Nintendo Switch system is a big deal and not something that is done casually. it would be a big deal to me as well as it is to you. I know it is frustrating and worrying for you, and you want to get their stuff back to them promptly, so I understand being upset. But have faith. Many people here can comment and tell you we are not a scam and have been in business for a few years, as those people who work at the place where my mailbox is can tell you as well.
That being said, I am also doing a giveaway of Amazon gift cards, and I will be mailing them out to random orders selected from a list of all the orders we have gotten this year. Ten people or so will get them. I am doing this to express my love for our loyal customers, and today, I appreciate all of you who appreciate what we are doing here. Thanks again. I appreciate you all and look forward to a FAQ page coming soon.
p.s. We can't do anything related to your order if you comment because we can not verify who you are. Submit a contact us. Thanks :)
Ryan D.
Owner Operator
Moddedhardware.com

Last edited by vstar950,

BigOnYa

Has A Very Big
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As mentioned earlier this guy scammed me out of an Nintendo OLED Switch. He's lied numerous times. Avoid like the plague. I had to file a police report because he hasnt returned my console. He's making up stories that he is the victim. He's unreliable and a liar. Nothing has shown me otherwise that he is also a thief. My tracking number shows delivered, his shows never received even though he's dropped it off... or wait, no now he has. Wait, sorry he'll do it on the weekend. Bullshit service. Stay away.

illiterate as fuck too. He writes like a retarded 4 year old.
If you live in Canada, why did you send it to the USA to have modded in the first place. There is no modders in Canada? Just curious.

Nilldill

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
He has my switch as well. He's had it for almost a month now, and about a week ago he sent me a tracking number, but it hasn't updated past "shipping label created, awaiting package drop off. There's got to be something to be done if he is seriously advertising a send-in service and just not sending the switch back, right? All of us that have sent him our switches have a name and address, and if the tracking never updates, that's solid proof that he's running a fraudulent service...

Nilldill

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This sucks. He has my switch and this is not comforting.
** Rant below, TLDR at the end. You won't miss much if you just ignore this. **

I'd emailed him last night & just flat out said that i don't want to file a police report or have my bank dispute the payment that I sent, but unless my tracking updates & my Switch is returned, I will have no choice but to do all i can do to recover my money and report him to the cops & hope he gets investigated.

This is blatant fraud and theft from what I can tell. His listing is for a send-in modding service, then sending the Switch back to it's owner. It is just painfully obvious fraudulent activity and theft; he's not upholding his end of the transaction. I plan to file a police report unless he decides to respond or just ship my Switch back, and if he has been reported by other people in similar situation as mine, he & his mailing address SHOULD be investigated by the laws. I honestly dont believe our (US) Justice system will do a damn thing about this scumbag shit headed theif, but that's beyond me lol. I sure as hell am going to file a police report regarding his fraudulent services and scam-website - - unless my switch is sent back to me shows up.

If everything works out, i'll eat crow and apologize to him for accusing all of this, & redact this or at least post an update that he did eventuslly return my switch. Got the feeling that I won't see my sent Switch again though. But I've been wrong before lol.
Luckily, if/when I dispute the payment to him, I'll have ~$200 back and can get a Switch model that I can actually mod myself. I think that I won't ever see the switch I sent in again, but fuck it. Lesson learned. I actually really like modding my consoles and handheld myself, so whatever. I know to buy an unpatched Switch. Some of those solder points on the newer Switches were beyond my soldering skill level, but I can use a Jig lol.

I really doubt that his given name is his real name, but if there's multiple police reports and he's been having these Switches sent to the same address, he should get investigated by the laws. If multiple police reports have been filed against him, the cops might look into his bullshit "busniess." if the police look into him and his site & address, he should face charges for fraud and theft - I hope so at least. He'll get what's coming to him. It'll be a quick, easy dispute to get my money back, so fuck him and his stolen console scams.

This was my first send-in mod service, because I love learning how to mod my systems myself. I just didn't realize that the jig method wasn't possible on these newer Switches, and I didn't trust myself to solder those tiny pins that were needed for the mod. But now I know which models I can work on myself, and I'll for sure never do a send-in service again lmao. I'd rather ruin the device myself than to risk this situation again.

Theres no way this ends well for him if he's straight up robbing people with a fraudulent $200 service PLUS keeping the $200 devices that were supposed to be sent back to their owners.What a dumb asshole this guy is.

If he's done this even just 5 times, that's already a possible criminal charge for property theft exceeding $1,000.. I honestly hope that he gets cuffed and thrown in a cell for this. Maybe that's harsh to say, but I don't think that any morally correct human with any sense of empathy would do this type of shit. This dude shouldn't be able to sleep at night knowing that he's a scumbag, lowlife theif who makes money by scamming gamers. Fuck. I'm rambling so bad. I just don't like this feeling but I gotta drop it lmao. I gotta stop thinking about this. It is what it is. Goodnight to you guys, and fuck moddedhardware()com. 🙂

TLDR :: DON'T ORDER FROM, SHIP TO, OR PAY A DAMN CENT TO Moddedhardware()com. - This guy is scum.

Last edited by Nilldill,

noob_hacker

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was looking into ordering the mig switch. on the mig switch website has modded hardware listed as a site in the U.S.A. to buy. every other domain says sold out but his. Its what brought me to this tread

rcpd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Since we're looking around, has anyone contacted a valid modifier? For example, Reddit and a few other places suggest using ModzvilleUSA to modify OLED Nintendo Switch console, but every single time I have looked at the website they have zero available to solder into the OLED Nintendo Switch. I used to be able to solder the required part into my Switch, but I no longer believe I can because I've been damaged in my brain pretty significantly.

My location (Michigan) kinda makes it hard for me to get this OLED Switch modified because people who can and will modify it are either scams or are so far away on the west coast of the USA that I do not want to send my Switch to them. ModzvilleUSA seems to have decent reviews here on GBATemp and on other websites, so I'd ask if its really worth sending them a $300+ icon.

Thanks. Some here can modifiy and live close. If we've talked and I trust you, if the offer is right ($150/200) I'll send it to you. I trust most of you here that are very well known.

vstar950

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I got my Nintendo switch back from him. It does turn on but I have not played around with it much. I don't know what everybody else's story was about, but my switch is in great condition and it does turn on. I will update later.

vstar950

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
All is well with my switch. It took a little longer than I thought it would and communication was not to my standards, but I would definitely have him do a service on another switch again. And on that note my friend is quite pleased with it and his is going to be going in. I don't know what the deal was with everybody else, but he has told me that people were quite angry with him. That was a red flag. But at least he was being honest. He said it takes a little while when you are very busy and can't keep up with the workload. I never once popped off with a mouth and started talking crap like he said a lot of people were and even threatening him. Everything I asked him to do he did. Even a little extra that I asked him to do he did.

vstar950

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Any update on your switch?

Yes my update is above. My only question with it at this point. All my cartridge games work just fine. But for some reason my DLC games like Doom eternal that I paid for on the eShop want me to redownload the game again even though it is on the console. I am trying to research how to fix this because I do not want to download 500 gigs of DLC again. Other than that it works just perfectly. I will be setting up my dualshock 4 with it so I can play Doom and other titles.

Reactions: BigOnYa

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: 24,000 hmmmm lol