Has anyone ever used moddedhardware.com?

vstar950

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had problems with mailing services so it took about four or five weeks to have it back. In that time I think he had it for 3 weeks.

SD80

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I bought a replacement Switch last week
It took 3 days to get here

I sent in my last Switch end of January I haven’t received anything back as of yet. The amount of stress I went thru the past month was not worth it.

I’m not bothering with the mig switch.

Reactions: Subtle Demise

vstar950

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you look in my post it speaks of an email talking about the mig switches. but if you sent it out at the end of January maybe you should send him an email and ask him what the update is. I did that and you replied to me within a week's time. Like I said I have my switch back and right now I am currently enjoying it with cheats on Doom eternal on cartridge.

Reactions: BigOnYa
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@vstar950
I sent my switch in not too long ago, but in the instructions he asks to send the tracking number. Do you remember how you sent that over to him?
I used the Contact Us form on the website, but that seems to go to an unmonitored mailbox because I have never got a response from him or any of his supposed employees he's talking about. Of course if it is a scam, he's using a virtual mailbox service so I can't find the actual location to retrieve my Switch even though it's probably no more than 2 hours away from my house.

titlings

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Algeria
I used the Contact Us form on the website, but that seems to go to an unmonitored mailbox because I have never got a response from him or any of his supposed employees he's talking about. Of course if it is a scam, he's using a virtual mailbox service so I can't find the actual location to retrieve my Switch even though it's probably no more than 2 hours away from my house.
You sure this is a scam? What about vstar’s experience?

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You sure this is a scam? What about vstar’s experience?
Sorry, I meant to say if it turned out to be a scam then I'm out of luck. It probably isn't a scam but the guy really needs to learn how to run a business. Ghosting your customers is a really awful practice and if/when I get my Switch back I am never doing any business with this company again.

vstar950

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@vstar950
I sent my switch in not too long ago, but in the instructions he asks to send the tracking number. Do you remember how you sent that over to him?
I took a picture of it and emailed it
Post automatically merged:

Im going to put it simple.

Sometimes it is difficult but we need to have patience with people. Not everyone works at our pace or communicates as well as we prefer. I wish he communicated more and better.

But acting entitled to someone or popping off with an attitude when someone else holds your possessions is not wise. Even if they are not doing things to your expectations. Would you do this while the mechanic still has your engine in pieces?🤔

But everytime he communicated with me I pretty much got the answer to my question.
I cannot speak on behalf of those who say they lost their switch. I did comment on that with him after getting mine back. I simply said I hope that is not true. But I am quite happy with his work. I'm not promising you anything and I am not a spokesperson for this man. Everything just went well with me.

The old saying goes, you catch more bees with honey than vinegar. I must be a retarded bee because I sure love vinegar 🤣🤣

I hope all your services go well. But if you are concerned about these things, maybe you should send him an email and ask him before.

I'm a firm believer in strong communication and not being easily offended like the rest of this world is. That has helped me quite a bit in life.

Let me have some time with this before you guys run out and mod. If I have problems, I will report them.

Last edited by vstar950,
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But acting entitled to someone or popping off with an attitude when someone else holds your possessions is not wise. Even if they are not doing things to your expectations. Would you do this while the mechanic still has your engine in pieces?🤔
Does said mechanic have an obfuscated address? Does the mechanic ignore all phone calls, emails, and other forms of communication? Does the mechanic take longer than what his policy states without communicating with the customer that there will be a delay and why?

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry to double post, but it's kind of an important update (click/tap for full image):
moddedhardwareupdate.jpg
Seems he got stock in of the MIG Switch. Still no word on how the modding services are coming along or if the delivery of the carts is going to take priority over people who have already been waiting for weeks without their Switch. Pretty sus that I sent my package to Davison, MI and now his location is listed as New York, New York? Unless he's using a VPN or proxy to post the update for some weird reason.

TheStonedModder

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm honestly not sure how some of you have not done a chargeback from this guy yet. Seems like all of his priorities are in the wrong place and has no place in running a "business". He probably used the money you gave him to fund his inital MIG Switch(and dumper) and to fund paying whoever he is paying to complete the order and mod the handful of systems y'all received back

His slowness is likely from him "dropshipping" or waiting for someone else local to him to do the installation for you.

TLDR; This dude is throwing off bad vibes

SD80

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So he damaged my Nintendo Switch apparently

I have the address of the facility he used to damage my Nintendo Switch

BigOnYa

Has A Very Big
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So he damaged my Nintendo Switch apparently
I have the address of the facility he used to damage my Nintendo Switch
So you did get your Switch back finally. Can you elaborate more. How did he damage your Switch? How did he mod it? Did you contact him after you noticed the damage, and if so, what was his response?

Last edited by BigOnYa,

SD80

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I havent technically received it back, tracking info shows its in transit and the customs declaration states "broken Switch"

he's admitted that he destroyed some switches...

He's not reliable, I dont need to be lied to 5 times to figure that out...

titlings

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Algeria
After reading through more and more of these replies, and with a gut feeling building inside of me, I decided to cancel the order. I was able to intercept the package before it arrived there and I charged back the guy for however much it cost. Maybe I’m wrong, and maybe this is a legitimate business, but I began to have a bad feeling along with the poor communication. I get that it can be hard to reply to everyone, but I still needed that reassurance of a basic response. Afterall, this is my fault for jumping on this so quickly without further research.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm honestly not sure how some of you have not done a chargeback from this guy yet. Seems like all of his priorities are in the wrong place and has no place in running a "business". He probably used the money you gave him to fund his inital MIG Switch(and dumper) and to fund paying whoever he is paying to complete the order and mod the handful of systems y'all received back

His slowness is likely from him "dropshipping" or waiting for someone else local to him to do the installation for you.

TLDR; This dude is throwing off bad vibes
So if I charge back I still lose my Switch and all my family's saves and our Animal Crossing Island. I keep thinking about small claims court, but I'm worried I might get myself into trouble when I have to explain what the service was that wasn't rendered.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.kontrolfreek.com/products/south-park-kenny-edition-thumbsticks?utm_source=facebook&ut...