Tutorial NOOB friendly guide to Downgrading your 3DS (From FW <10.7!!)

Didja downgrade successfully from 10.4/10.5/10.6 ?

• O3ds yes

Votes: 137 41.6%
  • O3ds no

Votes: 18 5.5%
  • New 3DS yes

Votes: 128 38.9%
  • New 3DS no

Votes: 18 5.5%
  • I'll wait until yls8/smea releases an entrypoint for me

Votes: 73 22.2%

• Total voters

jefffisher

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
this guide seems almost too simple to be a guide,
you should poiint out that o3ds and n3ds users need different downgrade packs people not knowing that is how bricks happen.
also you can definitely install cia's on 10.6 emunand that is just wrong.

Reactions: Salamencizer

Suco de Fruta

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Did you have oothax installed before updating to 10.6?
I didn't update to 10.6.
I downgraded from 10.5 using browserhax entrypoint.

I have to use this bypass:

As of February 24, 2016, the browser-version-check requires that the installed Old3DS browser be on >=v10.6. With New3DS, it only has to be on >=v10.2 currently. To bypass this requirement on Old3DS/New3DS, you can do the following(if you want to know how this works see here):
  1. Goto System Settings. Then change the datetime to January 1, 2000, 00:00.
  2. Use the browser 'Initialize savedata' option, before any page gets loaded triggering the browser-version message.
  3. Continue to use browserhax as normal.
  4. Note that you must not press the HOME button to return from the browser normally, otherwise you will have to reinitialize the savedata again. Once the datetime reaches January 2, you will have to repeat these steps if you want to continue using this bypass.

Last edited by Suco de Fruta,

GREAFOX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi,

I've a New3DS XL on FW 10.6 + ZeldaOOT+PowerSaves

It's possible to downgrade 10.6 to 9.2 please ?

Salamencizer

Cute Hot Whatever
OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
India
friend of mine is on 9.9 and has ninjhax only, should he update to 10.6 and then do the downgrade or is it fine with 9.9 ?
Its fine with 9.9, but for a safety precaution, he can first update to 10.3 using the sysUpdater from here, and then downgrade to 9.2. The required update packs are on that iso site.

Reactions: leonmagnus99

maciver

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hopefully this helps people. Just to note, make sure you only use the N3DS pack with the New 3DS and the O3DS with the Old 3DS (2DS falls into this family). Quite a few people (including myself) have bricked a 3DS this way. Also, does this still have the race condition?

So to be 100% clear the 2ds is downgradeable now as long as you use the O3DS files?

I have found very few guides with information on the 2ds and when searching 2DS the search string is too small lol Right now we have a N3DSXL with a sky3ds+ card on 10.3 and a N2DS on 10.6. As I understand it I can DG them both to 9.2 to allow CFW but is there anything special to do to the 2DS or can you point me towards the guides for the 2DS?

Last edited by maciver,

Salamencizer

Cute Hot Whatever
OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
India
So to be 100% clear the 2ds is downgradeable now as long as you use the O3DS files?

I have found very few guides with information on the 2ds and when searching 2DS the search string is too small lol Right now we have a N3DSXL with a sky3ds+ card on 10.3 and a N2DS on 10.6. As I understand it I can DG them both to 9.2 to allow CFW but is there anything special to do to the 2DS or can you point me towards the guides for the 2DS?
Yes, old 3ds files work on a 2ds. If you have Sky3Ds, you can use a Cubic Ninja rom to get Homebrew access.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

this guide seems almost too simple to be a guide,
you should poiint out that o3ds and n3ds users need different downgrade packs people not knowing that is how bricks happen.
Sure
I don't have oothax, but my friend does and he will give it to me. I guess I can install oothax even if I'm on 10.6 and can't access homebrew, right?
Yes, yu can, if your friend has homebrew access.

Reactions: maciver

Salamencizer

Cute Hot Whatever
OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
India
yes but you can install fbi before updating emunand or inject fbi to health and safety with decrypt9wip no problems.
But you cant use a CIA manager thru homebrew, except sysUpdater new, and that is the reason i chose my 'TEST'muNAND for the video.
I just wanted to show y'all that the sysUpdater works in 10.6 and below

Last edited by Salamencizer,

Salamencizer

Cute Hot Whatever
OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
India
Thnx!

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Alright, what do I do if my friend has hb access?
Start the oothax installer on the hbmenu, and when asked for firmware version, instead of his, put in yours.
That will install oothax on it for your 3ds.
Then take the game, start it on your 3ds, load the hax save, and press A to load HBL!

Reactions: SnakeOil992

Salamencizer

Cute Hot Whatever
OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
India
Those who bricked/soft bricked, please post the details of your 3DS like whether you had done a system format, whether you had done a SD Card format, what haxploit were you using, what system version were you on, whether you soft bricked/hard bricked, and if soft bricked, did you update back to 10.6 using recovery mode and then downgraded successfully.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.