Homebrew [No Longer Working] Community freeShop fork - open source eShop alternative

trainboy2019

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, I got a nice Idea for a new feature: auto shutdown for completed standby downloads, should be possible or?
I don't think that's a good idea. Why force the system to shut down? That would probably cause an arm9 error and the system would then need user input to shutdown. So that wouldn't save battery, which I think may be what your thought was about.

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I don't think that's a good idea. Why force the system to shut down? That would probably cause an arm9 error and the system would then need user input to shutdown. So that wouldn't save battery, which I think may be what your thought was about.
There is a power off after download inactivity. This can be set to like 1,2,4,5 minutes. This may be what they looking for.

yNEX

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Not really.. many user download titles in standby mode over night and it would be great if the system automatically shuts down after all standby downloads are finished.

trainboy2019

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not really.. many user download titles in standby mode over night and it would be great if the system automatically shuts down after all standby downloads are finished.
But that could cause an arm9 crash that requires user input to shut down

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Oh i understand.. Well so something similar will mostlikely never get added?
I am testing that inactivity thing. But seeing as how I needed to quit freeshop for the sleepmode download to kick in. That may also shut off the background info needed for freeshop to shut the system down.

trainboy2019

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am testing that inactivity thing. But seeing as how I needed to quit freeshop for the sleepmode download to kick in. That may also shut off the background info needed for freeshop to shut the system down.
I don't use sleep mode downloads, but if that's the case, then it might be impossible.

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I don't use sleep mode downloads, but if that's the case, then it might be impossible.
Ya, the download I selected should be done and should definitely be over the 1 minute mark. System is still on and has not be shut down. I believe its not implemented to sleepmode dl's with the way freeshop works and also needs to be fully closed to start the sleepmode download.

yNEX

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Ya, the download I selected should be done and should definitely be over the 1 minute mark. System is still on and has not be shut down. I believe its not implemented to sleepmode dl's with the way freeshop works and also needs to be fully closed to start the sleepmode download.
the power off function i think trainboy emntioned above means that the 3ds displays shut down like in standby mode. its for live downloads afaik

Ev1l0rd

(⌐◥▶◀◤) girl - noirscape
Trophies
Website
catgirlsin.space
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hey, I got a nice Idea for a new feature: auto shutdown for completed standby downloads, should be possible or?
Not possible unless you are talking about the in-freeShop downloader (which can already do that). The sleep download uses the system’s sleep download feature (its basically identical to sleep downloading something from the eShop) so no dice.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
FreeShop is not open on this case so can't have any influence over what the console does.

Reactions: Borjitasstoi

yNEX

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Not possible unless you are talking about the in-freeShop downloader (which can already do that). The sleep download uses the system’s sleep download feature (its basically identical to sleep downloading something from the eShop) so no dice.
Hmm what about sysmodule? I mean there's also a sysmodule to blink the led after a sleep download finished.btw I only have to download the CIA and install it?

jouag

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello I am having trouble with freeshop. Every time I close it, I get arm11 crashes and had to reboot my O3DS. I just finished updating to B9S from A9LH. I also tried deleting freeshop app and the data folder in my SD card. Any help would be appreciated.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Hello I am having trouble with freeshop. Every time I close it, I get arm11 crashes and had to reboot my O3DS. I just finished updating to B9S from A9LH. I also tried deleting freeshop app and the data folder in my SD card. Any help would be appreciated.
Known issue. Use the Home button to close it rather than Start.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart: ye