Hacking 11.8 update FAQ & how to fix "Failed to apply 1 FIRM patch" and NTR CFW

Skeet1983

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes the green one is the CIA, the red one is the injected one

Ok, here is where I am at:

I checked in FBI, I have 2 green FBIs, no red one. Should I proceed with 11.8 system update? Also, will I still be able to use GodMode9 once I update to 11.8? Just want to be sure I won't lose FBI or anything... Help appreciated :)

Side Question: Is it safe to use eshop to update games that are from freeshop?

Last edited by Skeet1983,

lAkdaOpeKA

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Ok, here is where I am at:

I checked in FBI, I have 2 green FBIs, no red one. Should I proceed with 11.8 system update? Also, will I still be able to use GodMode9 once I update to 11.8? Just want to be sure I won't lose FBI or anything... Help appreciated :)

Side Question: Is it safe to use eshop to update games that are from freeshop?
Mhh... in that case you have two different versions of FBI installed to the SD, you should download the latest FBI CIA and put it into the SD, then launch FBI, go to Titles, delete both voices, go back to SD and install the CIA so you'll have only one
And yes it's safe to update freeShop games through the eShop

Last edited by lAkdaOpeKA,
Reactions: NFates

Skeet1983

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mhh... in that case you have two different versions of FBI installed to the SD, you should download the latest FBI CIA and put it into the SD, then launch FBI, go to Titles, delete both voices, go back to SD and install the CIA so you'll have only one
And yes it's safe to update freeShop games through the eShop

Ok, thanks. Does godmode9 still work in 11.8?

Skeet1983

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks so much guys! I am on 11.8 and everything works fine! A quick question: Is there a version of BootNTR that works on 11.8 and also allows me to switch between games and still use NTR cheats without having to reboot system each time I want to play a different game? Help appreciated :)

lAkdaOpeKA

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Thanks so much guys! I am on 11.8 and everything works fine! A quick question: Is there a version of BootNTR that works on 11.8 and also allows me to switch between games and still use NTR cheats without having to reboot system each time I want to play a different game? Help appreciated :)
You have to use the latest BootNTR Selector

angelart

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Help! this is my problem
  • Help! I updated and now Luma3DS isn't working anymore (Failed to apply 1 FIRM patch)!
I have my SD card open on my macbook, I downloded luma, but it wont let me drag luma to the SD card. How do I put it on

lAkdaOpeKA

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Help! this is my problem
  • Help! I updated and now Luma3DS isn't working anymore (Failed to apply 1 FIRM patch)!
I have my SD card open on my macbook, I downloded luma, but it wont let me drag luma to the SD card. How do I put it on
I can't help you because I don't know.
Sincerely, I hate macOS because of little things like this. I had a family member who had a Mac and they got rid of it for the same reason.

angelart

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't help you because I don't know.
Sincerely, I hate macOS because of little things like this. I had a family member who had a Mac and they got rid of it for the same reason.
I was supposed to download something like 7bit that would turn it into a folder so I did that and it still won't let me drag it on :'(

emuashui

Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
Is update a9lh 11.8 to b9 safe?
Or better stay at 11.8 a9lh to play safe?
Or do a sysnand restore to <=11.7 a9lh which i think is surely safe to then update it to b9 ?

Bonzai

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I haven't updated my 3DS since the first time I set up CFW, I'm still on version 11.2.0-35u. I have some questions before I do anything.

1) Is there a guide to updating I can use? I couldn't find one yet.
2) I think I have to update Luma and the 3DS itself, is that it?
3) Can I update the system through the normal system update in the 3DS settings, or is there an alternate way to do it for CFW?
4) According to the Luma Github, I can update it by installing an app called LumaUpdate, does that sound right?
5) Which do I upgrade first, Luma or the 3DS?

Thanks, sorry if I asked anything obvious, I haven't touched the 3DS in a long while so I'm foggy on this stuff.

lAkdaOpeKA

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I haven't updated my 3DS since the first time I set up CFW, I'm still on version 11.2.0-35u. I have some questions before I do anything.

1) Is there a guide to updating I can use? I couldn't find one yet.
2) I think I have to update Luma and the 3DS itself, is that it?
3) Can I update the system through the normal system update in the 3DS settings, or is there an alternate way to do it for CFW?
4) According to the Luma Github, I can update it by installing an app called LumaUpdate, does that sound right?
5) Which do I upgrade first, Luma or the 3DS?

Thanks, sorry if I asked anything obvious, I haven't touched the 3DS in a long while so I'm foggy on this stuff.
First thing to do is check what Luma version you have by holding Select while powering on the console and looking at the top screen. If it's ≤7.0.5, you have to follow this guide. If it's <8.0, follow this instead. If it's 8.0 or higher, simply download the latest Luma by replacing the boot.firm on the SD card root with the one contained in the 7z archive.

Once you're done assuming you didn't need to follow any of the previously linked guides, download the latest Godmode9 (since that's 100% outdated too), delete the gm9 folder on the root of the SD and replace it with the one contained in the .zip of the latest version, then extract GodMode9.firm to sd:/luma/payloads/, overwriting the old one if it exists. Then, follow section VI ONLY of this page.

As for updating the console, you do it by just going into the system settings and updating from there, there's no special procedure if you have CFW, but remember to update Luma first.

After you're done you can install LumaUpdate, but it's really no different than the manual method.

Reactions: NFates

emuashui

Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
Yes you can update to B9S on 11.8, and no it's better NOT to stay on A9LH
Yes i also read another warning that staying a9lh is no longer a good idea. I tried but find no explanation by google as to why a9lh is "not safe" now.
i know in b9 the godmode9 supports more powerful megascripts, but seems decrypt9 has no b9 version? Can homebrew channel still run?
I read somewhere ppl with b9 meet game crashing and they complain b9 gaming is less stable than in a9. But i would prefer safety > stability (though also many ppl find b9 equally stable).

lAkdaOpeKA

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Yes i also read another warning that staying a9lh is no longer a good idea. I tried but find no explanation by google as to why a9lh is "not safe" now.
i know in b9 the godmode9 supports more powerful megascripts, but seems decrypt9 has no b9 version? Can homebrew channel still run?
I read somewhere ppl with b9 meet game crashing and they complain b9 gaming is less stable than in a9. But i would prefer safety > stability (though also many ppl find b9 equally stable).
It's not because "it's not safe anymore", it's because it's an older and inferior exploit and generally not supported anymore. Decrypt9WIP does support B9S, but there's little point using it since GM9 can do most things D9 can do. The Homebrew launcher can still run, it's completely independent from what entrypoint you use on the console. Stability doesn't have anything to do with the entrypoint either. Most stability issues were due to Luma 8.0, but most issues were fixed with Luma 9.0 and 9.1

Reactions: emuashui

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol