Hacking O3DS stuck on "Failed to apply 1 firm patch(es)"

Moder_14

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd hate to start a new thread but I've found no fixes other than people saying to update luma (which I've done countless times) or make sure my SD card is formatted to fat32 (which it is).
I was trying to install the sdk factory apps to the console including the retail decrypted dev apps. I'm using Luma version v12.01 and sysver 11.16.0-49U on my O3DS. I've seen some people say that I need to use the dev version of luma which I can't download for some reason or switch on the "activate unitinfo" option which there anymore. All the forums i've looked at are from 2016 and one from 2022 that was no help. If someone can please point out something that I missing.

Edit: I failed to say I have indeed patched my boot.firm onto my CTR-NAND and it didn't help

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You haven't really said what the problem is. Are you getting this "Failed to apply 1 firm patch(es)" error whenever you turn on your 3DS now, regardless of whether or not the SD card is inserted? Can you get into Godmode9?

Moder_14

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You haven't really said what the problem is. Are you getting this "Failed to apply 1 firm patch(es)" error whenever you turn on your 3DS now, regardless of whether or not the SD card is inserted? Can you get into Godmode9?
Sorry that I didn’t explain enough. Yes I’m still able to access godmode9 and the luma config by holding select. Regardless of my SD card being inserted or not it still was spitting the same error

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I'm using Luma version v12.01 and sysver 11.16.0-49U on my O3DS.
Yes I’m still able to access godmode9 and the luma config by holding select.
These two together: Does it show the version number 12 in the settings? If that is the case, you have not the usual "old Luma version incompatible to new official firmware" problem. In this case something in the officiall software is probably damaged.

Moder_14

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My Luma version is v12.0.1, which to my knowledge was the latest luma fw. Regarding my sysver it was saying 11.16.0-49U. If the software is damaged, how can I asses which one is damaged and which isn’t. Or would I just have to remove everything that I had previously installed?

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Welp, when you mess with obscure things, you run into obscure problems.

I've seen some people say that I need to use the dev version of luma which I can't download for some reason
Maybe you should provide a link to what you're trying to download and explain what happens when you try to download it?

or switch on the "activate unitinfo" option which there anymore.
Perhaps this is an option that was moved to config.ini ?

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Yes I'm sure, it says "Luma3DS v12.0.01 configuration
Press A to select, START to save"

Booted from SD via B95S
I don't have the slightest idea what happened. This confirms my suspicions: Something got damaged by ???
Consider restoring a known good NAND image.
Don't forget to backup the current status just in case things get worse.

Moder_14

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry for the late reply I’ve been caught up with some personal things. I would reinstall a backup I created but my computer corrupted a while back so I lost everything on it. Should I just give up and concede to it being semi-bricked?

Moder_14

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You didn't answer the questions in my last post.

A CTRTransfer might be an option.
Sorry about that I missed it, I would provide a link but since I’m a new member I can’t do so. I’ve also looked into the config.ini file but haven’t found anything out of the ordinary.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZokeA2lKB6o