Homebrew Nintendo releases 11.16.0-48

Modular511

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
^I hope that sd card issues doesnt happen to others! wow!

updated to luma 11 and the update prompt went away, deff didn't install update yet. Wierd! (If on luma 11, it is 100% safe to update, yes?) also how do I check boot9strap version?

Reactions: Vaan red

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It said my luma version is 10.3, (when I hold select on boot, says luma 10.3) Do I just update it to 11 with universal update, and then itll be safe to do the updat? if so can someone eli5 universal updater? (havent touched in awhile,, wanna b sure)
Universal-Updater just scan the QR code on fbi and it should DL/install it. You should be connected to WiFi btw. Then launch the application and look for Luma3DS, it should update Luma3DS on the ctrnand too, which you probably didn't do when you updated to v. 11.0 manually..
updated to luma 11 and the update prompt went away, deff didn't install update yet. Wierd! (If on luma 11, it is 100% safe to update, yes?) also how do I check boot9strap version?
You can update boot9strap through the Universal-Updater too, just look for it there it will tell you if it needs to be updated or not..

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
Maybe they have older 3DS models where accessing the SD card is a pain? I have N2DS, so the SD and cartridge slots are equally accessible.
This pretty much, I have a New 3DS XL and in order to get to the SD card I literally need to unscrew the back, which was a pain as I would use the kitchen knife for years and hope to God I don’t break it (which I did break one screw) but now I just took the mini screwdriver from my sister’s cabinet and kept it for this, seriously this is just bad design.

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This pretty much, I have a New 3DS XL and in order to get to the SD card I literally need to unscrew the back, which was a pain as I would use the kitchen knife for years and hope to God I don’t break it (which I did break one screw) but now I just took the mini screwdriver from my sister’s cabinet and kept it for this, seriously this is just bad design.
Just use ftpd and Universal-Updater. You don't need to remove the sd card ever again to transfer small files..

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
Just use ftpd and Universal-Updater. You don't need to remove the sd card ever again to transfer small files..
Thanks but I don’t use ftp, I never figured out how to use it since the first gen Xbox, besides it’ll probably use up from my capped internet and the bigger the games are the worse it’ll get.

susbaconhairman

I am the official skribbler
Trophies
Website
skribbl.io
XP
Country
United States
Why did they even make you unscrew the back of the 3DS just to get the SD card in the first place? It's a pain in the ass!
Well, Nintendo probably tried to prevent people/little kids from taking out the SD card when the system is on, and it's not like they really make you take out the SD card a lot, it's only kind of needed for Homebrew, and as we all know that's not "recommended" or whatever.
Still a pain in the fucking ass!

Pk11

A catgirl with a DSi
Trophies
Website
xn--rck9c.xn--tckwe
XP
Country
United States
Universal-Updater just scan the QR code on fbi and it should DL/install it. You should be connected to WiFi btw. Then launch the application and look for Luma3DS, it should update Luma3DS on the ctrnand too, which you probably didn't do when you updated to v. 11.0 manually..

You can update boot9strap through the Universal-Updater too, just look for it there it will tell you if it needs to be updated or not..
fyi Universal-Updater only puts the file on SD (it doesn't actually allow its scripts to touch anything on NAND for safety reasons, besides DSiWare CIAs), but Luma v11 automatically copies itself to NAND so either way the NAND Luma should be up to date.

Reactions: CoolMe

Modular511

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anything that would cause rebooting to revert luma from 11 to 10.3? I tried manually updating, as well as via universal updater, I likely am overlooking something, advice would b swell! EDIT OK SO, I have been trying to setup the vapecord ACNL plugin via universal updater, installing that and rebooting is causing my luma version to downgrade? I am likely just doing something wrong, I be overly cautious.

Last edited by Modular511,

ExperiencersInternational

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
gamersinternational.wixsite.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Anything that would cause rebooting to revert luma from 11 to 10.3? I tried manually updating, as well as via universal updater, I likely am overlooking something, advice would b swell! EDIT OK SO, I have been trying to setup the vapecord ACNL plugin via universal updater, installing that and rebooting is causing my luma version to downgrade? I am likely just doing something wrong, I be overly cautious.
Just trying to understand this properly? Are you trying to install Vapecord?

If you have ACNL but don't have the welcome amiibo specific cartridge, download the ACNL one not ACNL WA.

Vapecord works fine for me on Luma 11 and current 3DS firmware.

Reactions: Modular511

Modular511

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just trying to understand this properly? Are you trying to install Vapecord?

If you have ACNL but don't have the welcome amiibo specific cartridge, download the ACNL one not ACNL WA.

Vapecord works fine for me on Luma 11 and current 3DS firmware.
For some reason when I install vapecord (I have the Welcome amiibo edition) via universal updater, and then reboot so the plugin shows up, I am on luma 10.3 again (after updating to Luma 11) I have tried both manual and updating luma via universal updater, it only reverts when i get vapecord via universal updater

ExperiencersInternational

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
gamersinternational.wixsite.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
For some reason when I install vapecord (I have the Welcome amiibo edition) via universal updater, and then reboot so the plugin shows up, I am on luma 10.3 again (after updating to Luma 11)
Very weird, that's never happened to me, and I use it every time I play ACNL.

Modular511

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Very weird, that's never happened to me, and I use it every time I play ACNL.
would anything in the rar cause luma to revert? doesn't the boot.firm mess with some stuff? I double checked, im fine power cycling it 5x, but when i go to uni updater, get my version of vapecord installed, and then reboot my system, I am on 10.3. Like I said, I am missing something or confused, but its deff going from freshly installed 11 to 10.3, every single time I power cycle. another thing is the vapecord goes away when I update back to 11, then i go back, do it again - same deal -_-

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
would anything in the rar cause luma to revert? doesn't the boot.firm mess with some stuff? I double checked, im fine power cycling it 5x, but when i go to uni updater, get my version of vapecord installed, and then reboot my system, I am on 10.3. Like I said, I am missing something or confused, but its deff going from freshly installed 11 to 10.3, every single time I power cycle. another thing is the vapecord goes away when I update back to 11, then i go back, do it again - same deal -_-
are you ever able to get to 11.0? I don't know what vapercord is, but without it, are on you on 11.0?

Modular511

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
are you ever able to get to 11.0? I don't know what vapercord is, but without it, are on you on 11.0?
its this: https://github.com/RedShyGuy/Vapecord-ACNL-Plugin

Yeah, and it sticks after i power cycle etc, then I go to universal updater to snag that and it somehow makes my luma version go down, I got the rar off that github, perhaps if someone had a look there, and they knew more than I, yuh could tell me whats going on lol

Reactions: godreborn

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
its this: https://github.com/RedShyGuy/Vapecord-ACNL-Plugin

Yeah, and it sticks after i power cycle etc, then I go to universal updater to snag that and it somehow makes my luma version go down, I got the rar off that github, perhaps if someone had a look there, and they knew more than I, yuh could tell me whats going on lol
no idea how that could happen. maybe transfer over luma manually?

Modular511

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The first time I did that! Here is what the plugin adds, admittedly - I have only tried installing this via Uni updater, as per the creators instructions! I am weary on doing it manually in case that would mess something up..
3cea352343ec3d16790d1e271d39445e.png

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0kjIXjGzImE