Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Context
View attachment 389388
This is one of my favorite images of all time
If we are doing Greco Roman mythological punishments though then I decided rather than Sisyphus we would go with Prometheus instead and challenge the health of livers -- cheating death is boring but giving humanity fire is the real deal.
To that end post your favourite drinking and booze related songs

Better get us started

Korpiklaani - Wooden Pints

I already did a bunch of George Thorogood in the original thread so better go his other major drinking song

and an earlier effort

Tom Waits - Piano has been Drinking

Alestorm - Drink

Though actually I like one from their first album. Nancy the Tavern Wench

Anyway despite me being greedy let's try not to make this too much of a browser killer and limit songs a bit. Every one of those bands has any number more but I will leave it there for now.

FAST6191

Techromancer
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
For Wurzels then would have to go with the classic

Though Bad Manners do a nice cover if I am to make a crossover with my other music thread

A sublime deep cut... nice. Even for a punk song though that is a bit short which makes it hard for a drinking song. Granted I am not sure what else I would pick from them (most things there being about other substances or not at all), though I will confess to only knowing maybe their top 10 or so songs.

Going to be greedy again and go for four
Corb Lund - Time to Switch to Whiskey

Corb Lund - "I Think You Oughta Try Whiskey" (ft. Jaida Dreyer)

Forgot to note that Mr Banana's pick is also pretty good actually.

Given I enjoy all these songs posted thus far I am also curious what a fancy future AI will do as a distillation (hah) of these.

Reactions: ILuvGames

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
There was a jolly jaunty German drinking song that had the chorus of "noch ein Bier, noch ein Bier, noch ein Bier, noch ein Bier" (repeats 20-30 times) or something to that effect, but I can't for the life of me find it any more.

Oh well.

Reactions: ILuvGames

Rob_Boates

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

One of my favourite albums is called "Drinking Songs". I'd compare it to a period piece muddied through a glass of absinthe, with an amazing hungover deconstruction of the previous tracks to cap it off.

Also I love Reel Big Fish, and am surprised this one hasn't come up

FAST6191

Techromancer
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I did see one of The Gambler films a little while back having never even heard of them before (heard the song many many times though). Quite amusing. Might be pushing the definition of drinking song though.

Ghoultown "Drink With The Living Dead"

Not my favourite of their songs (walking through the desert with a crow if we want something I would pick as a better intro to them).

Korpiklaani (the band from the first post) have many many songs about drinking (think it is a requirement of folk metal actually)
Let's Drink

Dead Kennedys Too Drunk to Fuck

and if I am going for covers again then have a new wave/bossa nova version (the band does the same for a whole bunch of classic punk and similar vintage songs, works more than it does not)
Nouvelle Vague - Too Drunk To Fuck

and while I am contributing to browsers slowing down as we seem to have a bit of a country and western theme going on (somewhat unexpected for a thread around here but not complaining) then
Roger Miller Chug a Lug

By far my favourite of his songs.

AncientBoi

THEE GAY WARLORD™ - Defender of GAY Rights
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I did see one of The Gambler films a little while back having never even heard of them before (heard the song many many times though). Quite amusing. Might be pushing the definition of drinking song though.

Dead Kennedys Too Drunk to Fuck

Been there/Done that. LOL :rofl2:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto