Gaming Nintendo likes money and the marketplace is dumb enough to give it to them

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 21,892
  • Replies 277
  • Likes 34

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Keep in mind that the N64 nearly ruined Nintendo because of how expensive production costs were for the console and cartridges. This is the reason for the major launch flop, and is still considered by Nintendo to be a failure.

People still think the Switch launch is worse than any other console before it.

Risingdawn

Tempallica
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Strange how it's fine to stick Ocarina of Time, Majoras Mask, Star Fox, Xenoblade etc on the 3DS, even well into it's life when developers already have a good handle on it.

But you stick Mario Kart 8 on Switch, right at the start when developers have barely began digging into it yet and that's not okay.

A few years ago when a high profile AAA game came out on a handheld, lets say Borderlands 2 on Vita as an example, it had to be dumbed down with some major concessions but was still credited as an achievement. The only difference is that Switch has managed an upgrade not a downgrade, it should be a credit to the system that a handheld is capable of such a feat.

Switch seems to be a victim of it's own power and the fact it has a decent TV output, unlike psp's for example.

Original games will come in time, if people don't like the launch window (which we are still technically in btw) titles then they shouldn't early adopt. I'd be pissed at the games had a bought one myself (twas a gift) but then I'd have waited 18months to get one, when game prices had leveled out and titles had been released.

Reactions: Deleted User

Arck

Trophies
XP
Country
so that mean micro$oft and $ony and other company don't like money ?
How stupid !

What wrong with people that get mad at Nintendo because they are winning money, are they working for the other company ?

DeslotlCL

GBAtemp's scalie trash
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What the hell are you going on about? Frame drops were confirmed fixed (and yes, I notice it, so what? 59 fps issues are long gone), 720 to 1080p is a good boost, real online battle mode (not the abortive garbage the Wii U version had), why are you being so confrontational at the fact I like this more than the Wii U version?

Reading http://gbatemp.net/threads/nintendo...to-give-it-to-them.469430/page-2#post-7283765 would let you know what's different.

Yeah, portability is totally the only difference, it's not like there's a robust battle mode, all DLC or anything like that. :rolleyes:

http://www.ign.com/wikis/mario-kart-8/Switch_Version_Changes
Bro, you quoted me about breath of wild related stuff, never mentioned mario kart 8 deluxe there.

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
people most get it because they have a console with no games, they need games for they console, so MK8DX is one of the only choices...

depaul

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Honestly, People who already own the Wii U version should get the game, as an 'upgrade', for free. Nintendo can confirm 'legitimate' owners by NNID.
Yes Nintendo is good at recycling old stuff and milking people for money.

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
We will buy Nintendo Switch this fall in Portugal when we visit our families and friends there but we have to wait for E3 to see if 3rd party supporting is fully. And we do not buy it for a go. It is for inside the house only. On a go is for HIKE, Ride bike, exercise, have fun and it is not the way to go for a go at all. We will leave it at home for an entertainment only. :)

J-Machine

Self proclaimed Pog champion
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
ya buying a portable version of a game released just 3 years ago on a system nobody wanted for full price with extras added and improvements overall is stupid...

opinion does not equal fact ya know.

Lumince

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Really? Who the hell cares? I bought ot for my switch because I wanted another game to play on it. And dont say "just play it on the wii u" I sold that piece of shit with the games on it. I played my fair share of that console. I enjoy it 10x more on the switch than I did on the Wii U. Dont like it? Dont fucking buy it. Its that simple. Lots of people bought it according to the sales.

I would not mind if they ported some games over after reworking them a bit. I take this thing everywhere I go. You know why? Because I can. Its probably the best portable system Ive had. I thought this console was gonna dive bomb but its actually very nice compared to all of the videos out there showing that its bad.

All the people flipping out about them just porting it over, tbh stfu. You can complain all you want, but no one will actually care.:rofl2: Why arent you raging about other companys doing it to their games? Or remasters for that matter.

Last edited by Lumince,

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Really? Who the hell cares? I bought ot for my switch because I wanted another game to play on it. And dont say "just play it on the wii u" I sold that piece of shit with the games on it. I played my fair share of that console. I enjoy it 10x more on the switch than I did on the Wii U. Dont like it? Dont fucking buy it. Its that simple. Lots of people bought it according to the sales.

I would not mind if they ported some games over after reworking them a bit. I take this thing everywhere I go. You know why? Because I can. Its probably the best portable system Ive had. I thought this console was gonna dive bomb but its actually very nice compared to all of the videos out there showing that its bad.

All the people flipping out about them just porting it over, tbh stfu. You can complain all you want, but no one will actually care.:rofl2: Why arent you raging about other companys doing it to their games? Or remasters for that matter.

Because clearly, if Sony and Microsoft do it, they get a free pass, but oh no, if Nintendo does it, they have to be ridiculed and criticized. People need to grow the hell up and move on :lol:

Last edited by the_randomizer,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BakerMan, https://youtu.be/KaMSXIRReOo?si=2hRoijJtiwPUHXk5