Gaming Nintendo likes money and the marketplace is dumb enough to give it to them

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 21,861
  • Replies 277
  • Likes 34

DeslotlCL

GBAtemp's scalie trash
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How come?
Breath of the wild doesn't appeal to me. I can see why people love it, but i just can't get into it more than half a hour without getting bored as hell. I can't feel the magic i felt when playing oot or the ds titles, for some reason. And of course, i don't play that much outside, since i live in a country where when you brought something cool outside, there is a big chance of it being stolen.

Last edited by DeslotlCL,

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Breath of the wild doesn't appeal to me. I can see why people love it, but i just can't get into it more than half a hour without getting bored as hell. I can't feel the magic i felt when playing oot or the ds titles, for some reason. And of course, i don't play that much outside, since i live in a country where when you brought something cool outside, there is a big chance of it being stolen.
Fair enough. I hated the DS games, it didn't suit the gameplay style of Zelda at all, but I know not everyone will agree with me.
And at least you liked OoT :D
Honestly, I was pretty skeptical of BotW at first (before it was released), but once I tried it I was hooked. But it's certainly a lot different from most Zelda games and that might turn some people off of it.

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Lol @ the people who think they can tell a difference between 59 and 60 fps
Lol @ people that can't?

Actually, the stuttering / one frame time duplication is easy to see.

If it was steady 59 FPS compared to steady 60 FPS then it would be almost impossible to see. But it is NOT the case.

When you have 59 frames coming at a steady time interval, then the next one takes double the time to show up, you are able to notice this jerkyness.
And the reason is because of it being a sudden change of timing. Steady frame timing is even more important than FPS.

D

Deleted User

OP
Lotta people seemt o forget that that not alot of people had a WiiU. The Switch is new ground, fresh ground, and one that alot of people want to walk on. MK8 is PERFECT for the Switch, 3 years old game or not. I've not ever played MK8 before I bought MK8D and an extra controller, and have been having MAD fun with friends playing it. Gonna get another controller next week for even more, 4 player crazyness.

My ONLY gripe with it is that I CANNOT use 4 players on 1 console and a 5th on another system. That means if I want to use 5 players locally, i STILL require 3 switches. That's a very piss poor decision.

Lumince

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lol @ people that can't?

Actually, the stuttering / one frame time duplication is easy to see.

If it was steady 59 FPS compared to steady 60 FPS then it would be almost impossible to see. But it is NOT the case.

When you have 59 frames coming at a steady time interval, then the next one takes double the time to show up, you are able to notice this jerkyness.
And the reason is because of it being a sudden change of timing. Steady frame timing is even more important than FPS.
As soon as I played on my switch I noticed it was so much more smooth... I love this console and mk8d lol

sarkwalvein

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Reactions: TotalInsanity4

jmhannz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I have both versions and a quite big TV home.
I easily out of the box noticed extra sharpness in the switch version.
If you want I can just count pixels for both versions.
yes please go ahead and count them on your TV, as I only have a 42 inch TV and only a Wii U, I'm curious of the difference :)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

maybe the sharpness you're seeing is AA.

sarkwalvein

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
yes please go ahead and count them on your TV, as I only have a 42 inch TV and only a Wii U, I'm curious of the difference :)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

maybe the sharpness you're seeing is AA.
Well, color me lazy, but counting pixels is a PITA.
Because of this I counted the number of times a pixel is duplicated (it is made somewhat difficult because of the TV scaler, but still is possible)

The pictures are from a 4K TV, so it has 2160p pixels.

Here you find a picture from the Wii U version:
Jb8aMyF.jpg
As you can see if look good enough, pixels are repeated 3 times, and so 2160p/3 = 720p.

Here you find a picture from the Switch version:
hAHUYec.jpg
As you can see if look good enough, pixels are repeated 2 times, and so 2160p/2 = 1080p.

But sure if you look for some Digital Foundry tech analysis, they will have better tests done with right equipment.

thekarter104

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe it,s me, but I don,t even see a difference betwewn 720p and 1080p most of the time. My TV is 1080p for sure. Once I thought a video was 1080p, but when I looked up thr video statistics, it was 720p.

I notice an FPS drop for a second on MK8 Wii U sometimes though.

sarkwalvein

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Maybe it,s me, but I don,t even see a difference betwewn 720p and 1080p most of the time. My TV is 1080p for sure. Once I thought a video was 1080p, but when I looked up thr video statistics, it was 720p.

I notice an FPS drop for a second on MK8 Wii U sometimes though.
Perhaps your TV has not very good picture quality?
I can tell you my tale regarding resolutions.
A long time ago I had a crappy 1080p 27" monitor from LG, the cheapest one that, that I used on my PC.
On that monitor it was not such a big difference to watch either 720p or 1080p.
Afterwards I got a 27" iMac, that had a 1440p IPS monitor, whose picture quality was quite better, and it was not about the resolution, but the contrast and color quality.
In that monitor watching anime 720p was a PITA, it looked quite blurry in comparison with 1080p.

Now time passed, I am using a good 55" 4K TV, and here watching 720p is even more of a PITA, then watching 1080p is OK but still looks kind of blurry.
In this TV I can see very well the difference in quality between a ripped/compressed movie (or a Stream from Netflix) and the 1080p version directly from BluRay (that looks quite better).
Also 4k HDR movies look quite better than 1080p from BluRay, you can tell the difference.

What I mean, you ability to tell the difference or not depends a lot on you display quality.

S

Saiyan Lusitano

OP
It's funny how critics are giving MK8D 10/10 but not really a surprise, the same happened to BotW which received 10/10s too. Had I not bought it under retail price, I wouldn't have bothered.

The Switch needs games so stuff like this is welcome.

DocAmes1980

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lol @ the people who think they can tell a difference between 59 and 60 fps

Lol at the people who think that a frame being doubled every second is something that is impossible to perceive.

I noticed that Wii U MK8 had micro stutter the first time I played. I didn't notice it was once every second. When driving straight it can be hard to spot. When cornering the stuttering is fairly obvious.

I didn't find out until recently that MK8 ran at 59 fps on the Wii U. I just knew it had a stuttering problem because when I play the game I look at it with my eyes.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Yea is pretty good