Nintendo likes money and the marketplace is dumb enough to give it to them

Discussion in 'Switch - Games & Content' started by leafeon34, May 2, 2017.

1. Captain_N

Captain_N GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Mar 29, 2010
    United States
    they need to make weaving slow you down. Noobs that cant drive should not be able to pass me with no items and no draft boost.
    try weaving in double dash. you will get passed. Oh and fire hopping is simple to remove. just make repetitive hopping slow you down as fast as hitting the grass. that stops fire-hopping noobs

as for the market place being dump. its not just mario kart. noobs were buying the same games again that were on xbox 360 when they were released on xbox 1. not to mention buying virtual console games 3 times. so its not just mario kart or nintendo.

Last edited by Captain_N, May 7, 2017
    Tomato Hentai likes this.
  2. James310

James310 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 4, 2015
    United States
    Somewhere in California
    It's Portable, 1080p, splitscreen on the go with one pair of joycons, most people never bought mk8 for Wii U, Stop being mad that you don't own the switch...

3. TheTechGenius

TheTechGenius </Web Dev>

Apr 7, 2017
    United States
    So you don't like other people's opinions unless he or she is agreeing with you? How is that fair? That's what this site is about now? We can only follow the opinions of others, and not for ourselves?

He isn't bashing anyone or any company without facts, he isn't bad mouthing a company just because he hates them, since he bought the game himself along with the console.

If you don't like listening to other people opinions, and get triggered by anything, then you really shouldn't be on the internet.

4. blujay

blujay GBATemp's Official Warthog

GBAtemp Patron
    blujay is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Nov 2, 2015
    United States
    Gilbert, Arizona
    this is gold.

learn how to sacrasm mate

5. StarTrekVoyager

StarTrekVoyager Soon™

Jun 19, 2016
    France
    Paris
    Something just came to my mind. Even if MK8 Deluxe had nothing new, whould it be BS to charge full price? A game is a game, isn't it? If a random editor releases the game X on PS4, and then 3 years later ports it on XB1, why would he charge less? That's absurd. You pay for the product, independently of what you've bought before. If you buy a game one time $60, if yo want to buy it again, you'll pay again $60, that's it. But here, the Deluxe ver. of MK8 includes 1080p, 5 new modes with 8 battle maps, and a completely changed metagame, so...

TotalInsanity4 and chartube12 like this.
  6. TheTechGenius

TheTechGenius </Web Dev>

Apr 7, 2017
    United States
    Where in his comment suggested any kind of sarcasm? We are on a texted based forum, I cannot read minds, can you?

7. blujay

GBAtemp Patron

Our Patreon
    Nov 2, 2015
    United States
    Gilbert, Arizona
    You can't be serious.

Did you ever learn english/literature? It is the way he phrased his words and organized them to suggest his tone was sarcastic. If you don't know how to get sarcasm from text than you should get off the forum, because everybody here uses it (almost)

8. TheTechGenius

TheTechGenius </Web Dev>

Apr 7, 2017
    United States
    Wow. Ok. If you say so.

9. Hanafuda

Hanafuda GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Nov 21, 2005
    United States

Heck I haven't bought a Switch yet, I do own MK8 for Wii U, and I still agree with this.

10. deinonychus71

deinonychus71 GBAtemp Fan

Sep 12, 2008
    United States
    Chicago
    Respecting others' opinions works both ways. To be "fair" the title itself isn't really respectful in the first place. When you call people dumb for spending money on what they like, you can expect some backslash, can't you?
    He does have arguments but again, his title does seem to target one company while pretty much all of them do it, and most of them won't even include additional content. Mario Kart Deluxe is even in a specific spot where we know not that many people had it on Wii U (because Wii U...), as OP said it himself.
    There are much bigger fishes to catch than Nintendo and Mario Kart Deluxe.

11. sarkwalvein

sarkwalvein More coffee, please!

GBAtemp Patron
    sarkwalvein is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jun 29, 2007
    Germany
    Niedersachsen
    Well, perhaps a /s would have been welcomed to avoid misinterpretation, but I think the sarcasm is kind of obvious this time.

12. ov3rkill

ov3rkill GBAtemp Maniac

May 10, 2009
    Australia
    in a cardboard box
    Easy money for Nintendo is to just re-release the Wii U games. :rofl2:

I'm still looking forward to their upcoming new games though especially Metroid Prime 4. haha.

13. TheTechGenius

TheTechGenius </Web Dev>

Apr 7, 2017
    United States
    Oh I agree. I just believe in respecting everyone's opinion, no matter who it is, or what company they are talking about. We don't have to agree with that person, and we can still debate about it, which is fine. But telling someone to watch their mouth and stop bashing a company or you will be banned, is just wrong. And the opposite of respecting someone's opinions.

Someone said it was just Sarcasm, but it didn't look like sarcasm to me. But I could be wrong too. And if it was sarcasm, I apologize.

blujay likes this.
  14. blujay

GBAtemp Patron

Our Patreon
    Nov 2, 2015
    United States
    Gilbert, Arizona
    Sorry I was too harsh when I confronted you.

On GBAtemp, it is a common theme to find people who support Nintendo more than any other console. Just look at the recent messages block on the forums page. If it isn't Nintendo, it has a high likely hood of being the general off-topic discussion. It is rare to find an Xbox or PS thread if it isn't Nintendo.

With this comes a lot of Nintendo "fanboys" who support their moves without any reason at all. He was simply making a joke about how you can't disagree with Nintendo because almost everyone here supports it. It was just a joke, and I'm sorry for getting on you about it.

At least you like to respect others' opinions though! :P

Tomato Hentai and TheTechGenius like this.
  15. TheTechGenius

TheTechGenius </Web Dev>

Apr 7, 2017
    United States
    It's ok, I'm sorry too. I just woke up about 30mins ago, so my mind is not fully awake yet. I should of known that it was sarcasm, I usually spot sarcasm right away. I guess it's just one of those days. Lol.

And now that I think about it, I read the comment again, and your right.

Thank you for calling me out on my comment. If I am wrong about something, I have no problem with someone correcting me. That's how we all learn, no matter what it is.

blujay likes this.
  16. Reecey

Reecey Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)

Mar 7, 2010
    At Home :)
    What amazes me about this thread he mentions how we have all been duped into buying MK8Deluxe on the Nintendo Switch but seems to go onto mention so many positive parts about the game than actual many negatives then goes onto claim we are all dump enough to buy it. The point of MK8D on the Switch has lots of major points going for it, it has all new tracks with full DLC and new, its "portable" dur and hasn't got an online system that is pointless/ruined playing anymore! So yes as far as I am concerned if you have not bought the game on the Switch then you probably wont see the actual point but it is well worth buying over the wiiu version again, again & again! and what I would really like to know does this guy actually own a Nintendo Switch & MK8Deluxe and if not how does he even know??? my odds are on he doesn't.. hes just major butthurt because he hasn't.

Last edited by Reecey, Jun 19, 2017
    TotalInsanity4 likes this.
  17. DeadPixelMan

DeadPixelMan Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Aug 30, 2013
    United States
    I dont understand this un-logical logic no one makes you buy the same game again. Alot of people I know bought the Switch and MK8 Deluxe because they never bought a Wii U. All Nintendo as well as every other company that makes systems and game do is offer a product, whether it's a remake, rehash, re-envisioning or other. Nobody has to buy anything if you love mk8 on wiiu then just play that one, it's still works and play exactly the same way as it did before deluxe released.

18. Biff627

Biff627 GBAtemp Maniac

Aug 15, 2015
    United States
    I enjoy mk8d quite alot actually. I own a 3ds with mk7 on it and had a wii u with mk8 as well... The switch version seems smoother imo. If you don't like it, don't buy it. Nintendo isnt holding a gun to your head to make you buy it.... I want the switch to have more games tbh. Even if they are from old consoles. IDGAF lol I will buy them as fast as they can upload them.

StarTrekVoyager likes this.
  19. duffmmann

duffmmann GBAtemp Psycho!

Mar 11, 2009
    United States
    I mean its just being smart. Nintendo released some fantastic games on a system that next to no one owned, why shouldn't they try and release those great games again with some more content at full price to capitalize on the market they mostly missed out on? I really can't fault them for that. Furthermore, I hope they choose to continually support Mario kart 8 Deluxe through the Switch's lifespan, would be awesome if more DLC packs get added and that by the time the Switch is on the way out that the game is nearly double the size in terms of available courses with more characters perhaps a few more spanning other Nintendo franchise (seriously, how isn't Kirby a playable racer yet?! He just belongs in a game like this). That would be a brilliant way for Nintendo to continuously make money on this great title for years to come. I mean clearly there is a demand for Mario Kart content.

Last edited by duffmmann, Jun 19, 2017
    StarTrekVoyager likes this.
  20. blujay

GBAtemp Patron

Our Patreon
    Nov 2, 2015
    United States
    Gilbert, Arizona
    They're already pushing it with Link, Villager(s), Cat Mario, Isabelle, and inkling children. Soon they're going to have to rebrand it to Nintendo Kart