Gaming Nintendo likes money and the marketplace is dumb enough to give it to them

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 21,894
  • Replies 277
  • Likes 34

chartube12

Captain Chaz 86
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
People still think the Switch launch is worse than any other console before it.

And people still see the switch wrongly has primirely a handheld. But nintendo made it clear, it's a home console first handheld second.

Nintendo will most likely launch a portable only system in 2018. Probably same specs as the switch. More then likely uses the same game cards and plays tge exact same software

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And people still see the switch wrongly has primirely a handheld. But nintendo made it clear, it's a home console first handheld second.

Nintendo will most likely launch a portable only system in 2018. Probably same specs as the switch. More then likely uses the same game cards and plays tge exact same software

Who knows, either way, it is what it is, and people need to accept that fact.

Reactions: chartube12

depaul

Trophies
XP
Country
France
if you bought GTA 5 on PS3, will you have it for free on PS4 ?
NO. But to be fair .. you should. If you buy a software it's only fair to use it on another platform. Why do you have to buy the same software again at full price?
Counter-example: If you buy a license for Windows, you can use again it on another PC if the first PC dies. If you buy a Steam game on Windows, you can use it on Mac.

Last edited by depaul,
Reactions: Deleted User

LaPingas

let's go mangoooooo
Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
if you bought GTA 5 on PS3, will you have it for free on PS4 ?
Not COMPLETELY free. But any discount? Do I really need to buy the ALMOST SAME GAME TWICE? Even 50% discount will be ok though I think the addition of characters, tracks and battle mode worths maybe 10$ but whatever

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway

Depends on where you live. In Japan it was marketed as handheld first, home console second.
It seems to just be marketed as whatever will sell better in the respective regions.
The only thing we can say for certain is that it's to some degree marketed as both a home console and a handheld.
But there's no denying that as a home console, it's really weak. So I can't really consider it a fully fledged home console because it can't even compete with that market. It's much stronger in the handheld market.

gamefan5

Kid Icarus Uprising connoiseur
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Who is seriously going to take that large of a "handheld" around with them playing it in public?
Me. This is quite a portable tablet.
I own an 9.7 in android tablet, a 10.1 android tablet a 12.9 in Ipad Pro.

The switch effortlessy fits in my bag lmao.

Last edited by gamefan5,

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Depends on where you live. In Japan it was marketed as handheld first, home console second.
It seems to just be marketed as whatever will sell better in the respective regions.
The only thing we can say for certain is that it's to some degree marketed as both a home console and a handheld.
But there's no denying that as a home console, it's really weak. So I can't really consider it a fully fledged home console because it can't even compete with that market. It's much stronger in the handheld market.

It really doesn't matter how they market it (as a console first and handheld second, or the other way around), fact of the matter is that it is both a handheld and a console. And likely could become Nintendo's only system for gaming in the future when the 3DS finally dies out, though of course it still has some steam left in it at this point, so its understandable why the 3DS is still seeing support past the launch of the Switch at this point.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Once again, which is also a wii u game ported to fill up the launch lineup.
Which is a good thing, since the Wii U was a failure. Think of all the people that would be missing out if BotW was only released on Wii U.
The Switch version is also the definitive version, since it can be played on the go. Fucking. BotW. ON THE GO. How awesome is that? :P

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

Lumince

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Once again, which is also a wii u game ported to fill up the launch lineup.
Im glad they put it on the switch. Wii U is and always will be a failrd console. No doubt about that. If your counter arguement is "but my wii u has it" then you probably shouldnt be in the switch section.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Who is seriously going to take that large of a "handheld" around with them playing it in public?
Most people dont actually see how small this console is... It shocked me when I took it out of the box. I thought it was bigger before I got my hands on one. Its pretty tiny...

Trophies
Website
harshamohite.com
XP
Country
United States
I think you're ignoring the fact that many people didn't buy Mario Kart 8 on the Wii U because many people didn't have a Wii U to begin with. Also, when I eventually buy a Switch, I'm totally buying MK8 again for its portability, the awesome new battle mode (which I got to try at a friend's place), and the DLC tracks that I didn't buy on Wii U. And I know that tons of people who bought MK8 Deluxe are having a ton of fun right now. What right have you to criticize the voluntary purchases of people who are now having fun? It's not like Nintendo put a gun to people's heads and forced this game down their throats. And hey, people need things to play on their Switches. And if they're having fun, let them have fun I say!

Reactions: Deleted User

tbb043

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
unfairly priced.

Don't buy it if you don't like the price. It's not any more unfair than any other game that costs a few dollars to manufacture yet costs $60. It's not Nintendo, it's the whole industry "unfairly" pricing games, and they've been doing that since they stopped needing to put expensive ROM chips in (real) carts 20-25 years ago.

Wait for sales, price drops, or hacked systems/flashcarts if you can't/won't pay for it.

DeslotlCL

GBAtemp's scalie trash
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im glad they put it on the switch. Wii U is and always will be a failrd console. No doubt about that. If your counter arguement is "but my wii u has it" then you probably shouldnt be in the switch section.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Most people dont actually see how small this console is... It shocked me when I took it out of the box. I thought it was bigger before I got my hands on one. Its pretty tiny...
I can be here because i'm interested on getting one in a year or two, when the consoles HAS more games that appeals to me, like super mario oddysey for example. I'm not crazy enough to buy this thing day 1 for the excuse to play a game on the go that i can already play on a last gen console which of course was designed for.
Which is a good thing, since the Wii U was a failure. Think of all the people that would be missing out if BotW was only released on Wii U.
The Switch version is also the definitive version, since it can be played on the go. Fucking. BotW. ON THE GO. How awesome is that? :P
Not that much imo.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I can be here because i'm interested on getting one in a year or two, when the consoles HAS more games that appeals to me, like super mario oddysey for example. I'm not crazy enough to buy this thing day 1 for the excuse to play a game on the go that i can already play on a last gen console which of course was designed for.

Not that much imo.
How come?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZbUuSmFgMo