Gaming Nintendo likes money and the marketplace is dumb enough to give it to them

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 21,905
  • Replies 277
  • Likes 34

deinonychus71

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A Mario Kart 9 would make no sense, there's no generational gap that justifies reinventing the wheel. Better updating the game and giving it more content over time.

cvskid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A lot of people are rebuying for switch not because of the minor improvements, but rather the fact that on switch the title is now also a portable game. It's the idea of playing imo the best Mario kart to date not only in 1080p60 at home, but also they can play it on the go
Who is seriously going to take that large of a "handheld" around with them playing it in public?

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
A Mario Kart 9 would make no sense, there's no generational gap that justifies reinventing the wheel. Better updating the game and giving it more content over time.
Nah, they won't touch MK8D other than perhaps some slight tweaks/fixes, it's billed as a complete package and I think Nintendo knows customers expect that. I could be wrong, but I think if they add any content it would be free and probably minor.

deinonychus71

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nah, they won't touch MK8D other than perhaps some slight tweaks/fixes, it's billed as a complete package and I think Nintendo knows customers expect that. I could be wrong, but I think if they add any content it would be free and probably minor.

I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that if the game was selling well they would consider content.
Free or not I don't know. I just don't think making a brand new game makes sense, people would get disappointed cause you can't do much better than that on the switch anyway. More content makes sense though.
Pretty much like Smash.

DeslotlCL

GBAtemp's scalie trash
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nintendo wants to make money? It's almost as if they're a business or something :blink:

Which fixes everything wrong with the Wii U version.
What's exactly "everything"? Frame drops that were not fixed at all? An small res bump? It's the same game on both platforms, the only advantaje of the switch version is portability.

D

Deleted-401606

OP
Where was this outrage with Last of Us and GTAV on PS4? Hmm.

Nintendo is known for gimmicks though to extract money from customers. It would all be fine and dandy,but for example the 2ds XL? What is the point in that? It's only there to take money away from the switch.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What's exactly "everything"? Frame drops that were not fixed at all? An small res bump? It's the same game on both platforms, the only advantaje of the switch version is portability.

What the hell are you going on about? Frame drops were confirmed fixed (and yes, I notice it, so what? 59 fps issues are long gone), 720 to 1080p is a good boost, real online battle mode (not the abortive garbage the Wii U version had), why are you being so confrontational at the fact I like this more than the Wii U version?

Reading http://gbatemp.net/threads/nintendo...to-give-it-to-them.469430/page-2#post-7283765 would let you know what's different.

Yeah, portability is totally the only difference, it's not like there's a robust battle mode, all DLC or anything like that. :rolleyes:

http://www.ign.com/wikis/mario-kart-8/Switch_Version_Changes

Last edited by the_randomizer,
Reactions: Deleted User
D

Deleted-401606

OP
What the hell are you going on about? Frame drops were confirmed fixed (and yes, I notice it, so what? 59 fps issues are long gone), 720 to 1080p is a good boost, real online battle mode (not the abortive garbage the Wii U version had), why are you being so confrontational at the fact I like this more than the Wii U version?

Reading http://gbatemp.net/threads/nintendo...to-give-it-to-them.469430/page-2#post-7283765 would let you know what's different.

Yeah, portability is totally the only difference, it's not like there's a robust battle mode, all DLC or anything like that. :rolleyes:

http://www.ign.com/wikis/mario-kart-8/Switch_Version_Changes
59fps is really good what do you mean "issues" ?

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
59fps is really good what do you mean "issues" ?

Is this really hard to look up on Google or something? http://www.ign.com/wikis/mario-kart-8/Switch_Version_Changes

All sources point to 1080p, 60 fps, the Wii U version had a 59 fps, locked at 720p. You're confusing this with Breath of the Wild being at 900p, not MK8 Deluxe, but I digress. Unless you have a source to back up this claim, form a competent news site, I call BS.

And I find it hilarious that people are overlooking the battle modes being redone, the Wii U battle modes were shit.

Last edited by the_randomizer,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Someone has to delete Leo's thread to make him angry +1