Will you be buying the next Nintendo Console?

Will you buy Nintendo's next console?

• Yes

Votes: 27 64.3%
  • No

Votes: 15 35.7%

• Total voters

0DanDan0

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If this switch 2 has backward compatibility with games more ram better cpu and upscales and remasters of previous games (like totk) then yeah all i really want is sweet 60fps (or more cuz xbox and ps5 get like 120/240fps)

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I think most people on GBAtemp probably will. Half the people who said no will probably end up getting one eventually if it's a success like the current Switch.

I don't see them making another royal fuckup like the Wii U, so I will almost certainly end up getting the Switch 2, but not at launch. I learned my lesson from the 3DS and the Wii U, I'd rather wait until it has 100+ hours worth of exclusives I'm interested in. The 3DS had nothing to play for like a year, and there's only so much fun you can have with AR Games and Face Raiders. The Wii U at least had Nintendoland but didn't have very much in the way of single player games. ZombiU didn't really appeal to me.

There is a high chance that new Pokemon games as well as a new Mario Kart will be released in the Switch launch window, if not on launch day. Since Game Freak missed their usual Christmas yearly release window, so it's likely they have something in the works near completion but are saving it for the Switch 2. And we haven't gotten a new Mario Kart since the Wii U, so I would be surprised if that is not one of the first titles released for the Switch 2. Those two might be enough to get me 100+ hours worth of gameplay time, so if that turns out to be the case, I guess I will be an early adopter.

If the rumors about backwards compatibility are true, I do hope they allow games to take advantage of the improved specs. We know how much better Switch games can run if they are given more raw power, just look at emulators or even overclocking. Zelda BotW and TotK at 4K 60 FPS is amazing, but handheld BotW and TotK at 1080p 60 FPS would be just as good. And not just selectively for a few games that are specifically tested and verified on the Switch 2 hardware. I want my entire Switch library to take advantage of the Switch 2's specs out of the box. That could be a good reason to pick up the Switch 2 on launch day, knowing that even if there is a drought of Switch 2 exclusives, it still makes an excellent Switch Pro.

mrgone

old man
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
probably buy and stash away until a hack appears
although a soft mod is highly unlikely, but never give up hope

the old switch made me decadent:
i want to have all my legit games on the sd card and not switch carts
not having online access was solved with having a switch lite for updates

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iIpfWORQWhU