Gaming Nintendo Direct 14 January 2015 thread

aofelix

Trophies
XP
Country
Considering how the WW HD was remade, I think re-doing the whole trilogy to that standard would be too much of a big task for Nintendo and they'd probably rather make a new Metroid Game.

I see this Direct as just going over the games we know are coming out. Hopefully I'm wrong though as a new game onto of what we already know is planned for this year would be amazing. Personally I really want Fe x SMT as it was previously teased.

Is now usually the time companies tease games for 2016? As I don't see F-Zero or a new Metroid coming out in 2015 (please prove me wrong Nintendo).

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
Is now usually the time companies tease games for 2016? As I don't see F-Zero or a new Metroid coming out in 2015 (please prove me wrong Nintendo).

2016-2018 is still blank so it could be one of these 2 years that they could release a new Metroid/F-Zero game.

Oh yeah, where's my god damn Luigi's Mansion 2 for Wii U?! :angry:

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe if they get rid of the stupid control scheme the Wii had. Aiming with a WiiRemote is just a no-go.

Are you fucking kidding me?! Aiming in a FPS with the Wii Remote is more godly than a freggin mouse. What are you smoking on? Lemme guess, you're that guy getting smoked in COD because you're playing with a classic controller while the rest of us are using Wii Remotes. It's like bringing a knife to a gun fight.

pwsincd

Garage Flower
Developer
Trophies
XP
be fek all but more hype for X and a bit more Zelda and stuff we already know about... same ole ninty... maybe a new amibo , or a new mariokart yoshi or some shite.

really not feeling nintendo anymore...

Sizednochi

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I see this Direct as just going over the games we know are coming out. Hopefully I'm wrong though as a new game onto of what we already know is planned for this year would be amazing. Personally I really want Fe x SMT as it was previously teased.
This is THE January direct, where they always drop a megaton bomb. I'm definitely waiting for a surprise.

aofelix

Trophies
XP
Country
Ah sweet :D

Honestly new Xenoblade game, Zelda Wii U and Fire Emblem x SMT are all probably games will be in my top 10 games of the year.

If Nintendo manage to pull more big hitters out... wow.

SnAQ

Trophies
XP
Country
I must be the only one in the entire universe that doesn't like the Metroid games for Wii at all...

I'm hoping for lots of info about Star Fox, and ofcourse Zelda.
And that RPG which i can't remember the name of at the moment.

dragonmaster

Ancient One
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
they didnt offer me the shot to get the n3ds gift bundle therefore i will go gateway way i am sorry but with both 3ds and 3ds xl and 6 titles and no shot to at least have an anniversery item i wont buy anything at lauch....

Prior22

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm personally hoping for...

- New Nintendo 3DS release date
- DS / N64 / GameCube Virtual Console news
- Shin Megami Tensei x Fire Emblem

N64 VC release news wouldn't be a big deal since nearly all the top notch first party N64 material was re-released on Wii. The obvious exceptions are Rare produced games. Speaking of Rare N64 games. Would they have the right to re-release those on the Xbox One? Getting those games in HD would be a nice coup for MS.

shinkodachi

On permanent leave
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Would they have the right to re-release those on the Xbox One? Getting those games in HD would be a nice coup for MS.
Rare only owns the IP, but is bound to contractual terms with the publisher. E.g. Banjo Kazooie was published by Nintendo so they can't re-release it for Xbox One without express permission from Nintendo.

Prior22

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rare only owns the IP, but is bound to contractual terms with the publisher. E.g. Banjo Kazooie was published by Nintendo so they can't re-release it for Xbox One without express permission from Nintendo.

I'm always confused as to why developers only get to own certain IP's. For example Insomniac didn't have the rights to Spyro. And Naughty Dog didn't have the rights to the horribly overrated Crash series.

Personally I think Nintendo should purchase the rights from Rare, with permission from MS, to re-release a lot of the Rare N64 era games. When you take a look at the core MS audience I doubt there would be much interest in a lot of those games. So MS might as well profit from them somehow.

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
they did it already both are on the 360 with SAS intact in HD. so Nintendo doesn't own banjo but they do own dk64 and could put it on the VC anytime they want...they just won't.

shinkodachi

On permanent leave
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Mind = blown. Is anyone watching the stream now? :D I'm SO happy Nintendo has done a few things I really hoped they would.

And c'mon Nintendo, TOO MANY SPECIAL EDITIONS! Which New 3DS XL should I go for... Majora's Mask or Monster hunter 4 Ultimate edition...?! Argh...!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @The Real Jdbye, I know what it is. :creep: