Gaming Nintendo Direct 14 January 2015 thread

blaisedinsd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hope physical wii games will allow the gamepad to be used as a classic controller too since they said downloaded Wii games will have this feature. Pro controller support too please.

Of the 3 announced Wii games I think only Punch Out!! supports the classic controller.

And whats up with basically getting Wii virtual console games yet still no gamecube or N64 games?

shinkodachi

On permanent leave
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
I hope physical wii games will allow the gamepad to be used as a classic controller too since they said downloaded Wii games will have this feature. Pro controller support too please.
Nintendo makes money with these "Wii VC" rereleases. Instead of fixing vWii they do this instead. Wishful thinking at this point to hope for any advancements to vWii since they can sell you the same thing over.

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
You must have some really weack hands/wrists but hey, to each, their own :)

"weack"? Anyway, I have strong hands but that doesn't mean I'd have to use a shitty bulky controller when a light-weight one exists which is far better and also has proper rumble.

Nintendo makes money with these "Wii VC" rereleases. Instead of fixing vWii they do this instead. Wishful thinking at this point to hope for any advancements to vWii since they can sell you the same thing over.

Nintendo mentioned that Wii games which support Classic Controller it's perhaps possible that the Wii U Pro Controller or GamePad could take its part on the Wii U Mode.

D

Deleted User

Problem is that the print for the Wii version was very limited and now to get a copy of it could cost more than $100.

Metroid: Prime Collection HD needs to happen.

Or you could just get the series on the original consoles? why would you want play prime with fucking motion controls ill never understand. Thats why Prime 3 sucked.

shinkodachi

On permanent leave
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
"weack"? Anyway, I have strong hands but that doesn't mean I'd have to use a shitty bulky controller when a light-weight one exists which is far better and also has proper rumble.
This is an excellent point. I don't think people understand the urgency when talking about fatigue. Wii U GamePad is nice and all, but it's also quite heavy and unnaturally long. Furthermore the placement of the analog sticks not only means you must stretch your thumbs, but also that your entire hand twists lightly outward due to the size of the Wii U GamePad. Playing a game with the Wii U GamePad, even with 15-minute breaks every hour, introduces fatigue. It may be more noticeable to some people right away, but for others the fatigue must build up until it's critical before being noticeable, but it's there. Much like you can get carpal tunnel syndrome from holding a computer mouse the wrong way. I'm left-handed and have adapted to use a mouse with my right hand and unless I take breaks every 15 minutes, I experience fatigue. This has nothing to do with being weak. It has everything to do with ergonomics. That is to say, Wii U GamePad is not ergonomic in use.

But again, a lot of people write off stuff like this because they don't experience fatigue the same way other people might. It's however a fact that the Wii U GamePad is not ergonomically designed (this is not the same as being comfortable). If you disagree, I can't help you. Hopefully your physician can.

Reactions: WiiCube_2013

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Nintendo mentioned that Wii games which support Classic Controller it's perhaps possible that the Wii U Pro Controller or GamePad could take its part on the Wii U Mode.

Lmao I meant to say weak. Try typing on a mobile device while holding a 9 month old baby. Once I master that I should apply to be a secretary :P because my typing skills will be over 9000

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
With the coming of Wii VC games and it's pretty clear that NGC/NDS games on the Wii U are most likely never going to happen. At least people can own Metroid Prime Trilogy for a very cheap price, though.

The Amiibo for Captain Toad will just add some hide & seek Toads to it so I'm not even going to bother getting that one.

MarioFanatic64

The guy who does things
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I think if they were going to put Wii VC on the eShop before N64 VC (which has been promised for over two years now) it would have been better to raise the price a little in exchange for upscaling them to 1080p. It does Galaxy 2 a great disservice to run at 480p on a HD TV.

aofelix

Trophies
XP
Country
Man 3DS continues to kill it.

Nintendo are really doing well with their support for the 3DS. I thought I'd just caught up with the 3DS library.

Wii has a solid set up of must-buy titles for me but a bit disappointed not to see a few surprises for it.

aofelix

Trophies
XP
Country
Also I'm not a metroid fan but putting the trilogy on shop for cheap as chips is pretty awesome.

I think the SMG2 is a bit redundant though.

if only they decided to release it at that kinda level... all the textures and art is already there.

chartube12

Captain Chaz 86
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Of the 3 announced Wii games I think only Punch Out!! supports the classic controller.

And whats up with basically getting Wii virtual console games yet still no gamecube or N64 games?

Nintendo announced on Facebook the gamepad controls are 100% compatible for games that support the wii classic controller. And Nintendo 64 games were announced in 2013 for the 3DS.

shinkodachi

On permanent leave
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Nintendo announced on Facebook the gamepad controls are 100% compatible for games that support the wii classic controller.
Can you link to the particular post? I need confirmation that this applies to Wii games played in vWii using a disc. If Nintendo says they support GamePad controls for Wii games, then do they specifically mean Wii games sold on the eShop or are we seriously getting support in vWii as well?

blaisedinsd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can you link to the particular post? I need confirmation that this applies to Wii games played in vWii using a disc. If Nintendo says they support GamePad controls for Wii games, then do they specifically mean Wii games sold on the eShop or are we seriously getting support in vWii as well?

Well SMG2 is already out so it should be testable already unless somehow they are holding back an update until Punchout!! is released digitally.

Did the Wii U get updated? Has anyone tested it?

shinkodachi

On permanent leave
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Well SMG2 is already out so it should be testable already unless somehow they are holding back an update until Punchout!! is released digitally.

Did the Wii U get updated? Has anyone tested it?

Two problems with that: there never was an update and Super Mario Galaxy 2 doesn't support the Classic Controller.

blaisedinsd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Two problems with that: there never was an update and Super Mario Galaxy 2 doesn't support the Classic Controller.

If there was no update then I guess all the magic is happening with the digital download itself which probably mean it will not be a system wide feature.

The way to test it is put a Wii disc in that supports the classic controller.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Yeah agreed