A Nintendo Direct will air this week, solely dedicated to Xenoblade Chronicles 3

Screenshot_20220620-100211_Feedly Classic.jpg

Were you waiting for a Nintendo Direct announcement? Well, wait no longer, as there's one on the way, just perhaps not the stream you were expecting. Nintendo will be hosting a 20-minute event, dedicated entirely to Xenoblade Chronicles 3. It's set to air on June 22, at 10am ET/16:00 CEST. We can expect to see new features alongside gameplay and story elements new to this entry. Xenoblade Chronicles 3 itself will be out next month on July 29th.

:arrow: Source

AkiraKurusu

Pokémon's dead
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Screw you, Nintendo. This is not the Direct we wanted.
All I ask for is BotW 2 news. Then I'll be satisfied.
Umm...no. Other way around - "thank you, Nintendo. This is the Direct we wanted. All I ask for is XC3 news. Then I'll be satisfied."
Who really cares about the sequel to the most boring and disappointing 3D Legend of Zelda game? The original was already crippled by an almost-complete lack of direction given to the player, extreme equipment fragility, limited stamina, sexist Gerudo Village, and the BS Eventide Island and Master Sword Trials; the sequel's likely to keep most of those flaws.

You know a game's bad when you have to keep checking an online map to see where to go - when the game's supposed to do that for you.

ut2k4master

Lord Tourettes
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Who really cares about the sequel to the most boring and disappointing 3D Legend of Zelda game? The original was already crippled by an almost-complete lack of direction given to the player, extreme equipment fragility, limited stamina, sexist Gerudo Village, and the BS Eventide Island and Master Sword Trials; the sequel's likely to keep most of those flaws.

You know a game's bad when you have to keep checking an online map to see where to go - when the game's supposed to do that for you.
is it opposite day?

AkiraKurusu

Pokémon's dead
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Noice. I've Pre-ordered this. I never played a Xenoblade game. So this is a first time for me. And yes. I am also going to buy DE and 2. :)
They're both excellent games; not perfect (XC: DE has far too much permanently-missable content, and XC2 has notoriously poor tutorials you can't review and has gacha as the primary way to get new Blades - Torna: The Golden Country fixes the tutorials and removes the gacha by having a much smaller cast, though its mandatory Community mechanic is generally disliked for being pace-breaking), but still goddamn excellent.

XC: DE's Future Connected thing isn't quite as fleshed-out as T:TGC (which came out first), and noticeably lacks a New Game + option, and leaves out most of the cast (likely due to being unable to get the VAs again, who would definitely sound quite different from the Wii-era main game - Shulk and Melia already do), but it's still a fun little jaunt in an area that was previously infamously left as unfinished beta content.

Last edited by AkiraKurusu,

mightymuffy

fatbaldpieeater
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
..Pretty sure Nintendo skipped 'E3 time' last year, with their big Direct being sometime in September?? (I'd Google it but can't be arsed)
So this news comes as no real surprise to me to be honest. And I couldn't give a flying piss about Xenoblade so - waiting until September-ish it is for me (and since BoTW2 needs more time anyway, should get a better look at it come Sept)

AkiraKurusu

Pokémon's dead
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
is it opposite day?
Nah, it's "give my honest opinion on a widely-liked game, that I just could not for the life of me see why it's so liked, even after doing a 100% playthrough a year or two ago, and hide it in a spoiler" Day.

I only did so because I had nothing better to do, and I wanted to try to see why so many people love it; turned out to be the most aggravating chore of a game I've sat through in quite some time. I'd prefer to have my teeth pulled than play that torturous release again.

osaka35

Instructional Designer
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hooray! still haven't played one of these yet. always on the "oh yeah i should play that" list. but happy it's getting another game for some reason?

IluaLinerin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Noice. I've Pre-ordered this. I never played a Xenoblade game. So this is a first time for me. And yes. I am also going to buy DE and 2. :)

This will be a direct sequel from XC 1 and 2, honestly, you should play them in order, as you will probably miss a lot of story relevant stuff that ties directly with the first 2 games, or worse, you will spoil the first 2 games, and for what a friend has told me, the DLC's are a must play for this XC3, based in the stuff he has seen on the trailers so far, i still havent finished them, and the only trailer i've seen of XC3 is the first one, just to not get spoiled, and he warned me specifically to not watch the new trailers because of spoilers for the DLC's of XC 1 and 2.

D

Deleted member 575334

This will be a direct sequel from XC 1 and 2, honestly, you should play them in order, as you will probably miss a lot of story relevant stuff that ties directly with the first 2 games, or worse, you will spoil the first 2 games, and for what a friend has told me, the DLC's are a must play for this XC3, based in the stuff he has seen on the trailers so far, i still havent finished them, and the only trailer i've seen of XC3 is the first one, just to not get spoiled, and he warned me specifically to not watch the new trailers because of spoilers for the DLC's of XC 1 and 2.
I know. And thats what i am going to do. I pre-ordered it. But its going to stay sealed until i got 1 and two and finished 1/2

LightBeam

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Where's Advance Wars ? It's pride month, everybody forgot about Ukraine, it's time to release it

Nintendo being Nintendo with their garbage communication. Everyone already made tons of announcements and stuff, it's really fun, but they are showing only one game and we can't even be sure they'll make a real Direct next week, that's a shame.

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Where's Advance Wars ? It's pride month, everybody forgot about Ukraine, it's time to release it

Nintendo being Nintendo with their garbage communication. Everyone already made tons of announcements and stuff, it's really fun, but they are showing only one game and we can't even be sure they'll make a real Direct next week, that's a shame.
I honestly wouldn't be shocked if we don't see it again for literal years.

fvig2001

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
I mean will they show anything really useful for people who aren't remotely interested? I feel it will just spoil a lot of things like with Xenoblade 2 spoiling Mythra.

SolanaRafael

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
What a way to just shove under the rug any type of responsibility or call it fan service to deliver some hype/excitement for future content, can't say I'm surprised, but still very disappointed, E3 used to be a huge year tradition to look forward to and I get COVID and shit but the very least they could do(as others are) is fucking dropping any info or something to get excited for, and no, no single game direct THAT long specially for Xenoblade will service that, not even fans of that series are holding their breath over it.

Nintendo is just fucking lazy doing bare minimums

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto