Xenoblade Chronicles 3 leaks online a week ahead of release

xeoooooooooooooooo.png

Xenoblade Chronicles 3 isn't out yet, but some already have the game in their hands. How? Someone has dumped an XCI copy of the game, and it's floating about on the internet. This has been fairly standard for recent Nintendo Switch releases, following week early leaks for Mario Party Superstars, Metroid Dread, and Pokemon Brilliant Diamond. The latest entry in the Xenoblade series will officially be out on July 29th. Please remember that GBAtemp's Terms of Service do not allow linking to warez or illegal content, and any violators of this rule will be punished.

AngryCinnabon

Resident Iron Valiant
Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
Canada
But does it work on Steam deck!
From what i've heard currently things aren't too hot in this department, it's struggling with shader cache on Ryujinx and Yuzu doesn't run it at all. Best chance of this running on deck is if Yuzu adds decent compatibility for it eventually and we can try the extreme GPU accuracy trick that works on XBC2.

Ryab

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have no interest in playing the game early. But, I am upset at how fast I did find the rom in a matter of 30 seconds.

deinonychus71

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Shh! The pirates will assault you if you dare defend Nintendo even just a little! :rofl2: (Honestly though, fuck these people. I can't understand why they don't hate Sony and Microsoft nearly as much)

I mean it's not even about loving or hating Nintendo. This game was made by Monolith Soft and these guys deserve some praise and support as they delivered some of the best games on switch, and that include help on Breath of the Wild.
There's an argument to be made for older game that doesn't get the devs any money anymore, there's an argument about pirating stuff like Fates DLC when Nintendo doesn't give a shit about preserving entire campaigns of content.

But a brand new game? No. You can do what you want but don't go around pretending you're doing it because Nintendo is shit. It's a bullshit excuse.

TelepathX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Since I won't have access to XC3 for next 2 weeks because of work, I can update you on some stuff based on talks with other people

- files are stored in the same way as XC2, so no loose assets files like in XCDE
- ard is now using zstd instead of zlib
- Game has severe memory leaks according to both Switch and emulator testers. Playing game for a long time results in increased RAM usage on emulator and visible pop-ups + reduced performance on Switch. Wait for day one patch, it may solve most glaring issues.
- there is no lib_nx.ini now, it's lib_nx.bin. Waiting for sending this file by somebody to check if it can be edited normally or it must be reverse engineered first
- 60 FPS patch is already working and in tests on Yuzu, made not by me

It runs on Yuzu with OpenGL but it will crash all the time on all emulators until Monolith releases a day 1 update to fix the memory leaks. (If they even fix this on day 1... Xenoblade 2 still suffers from memory leaks even after tons of updates)

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
It runs on Yuzu with OpenGL but it will crash all the time on all emulators until Monolith releases a day 1 update to fix the memory leaks. (If they even fix this on day 1... Xenoblade 2 still suffers from memory leaks even after tons of updates)
1) Have memory leak
2) Game works on Switch
3) Emulators crash
4) ???
5) PROFIT!

LainaGabranth

Objectively the most infuriating woman ever
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think this is fucking funny. I like to go on random forums and make up fake spoilers and then spoil people on shit that isn't real, because then they get double mad at me down the line when my fake spoilers turned out to be false, and triple mad at me when they turned out to be true KNOWING i was lying about them anyways

which is my way of saying, holy fucking shit, I can't believe Pyra blows up Tokyo! Very funny to make that one ending in Dragoon Dragoon canon.

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Shh! The pirates will assault you if you dare defend Nintendo even just a little! :rofl2: (Honestly though, fuck these people. I can't understand why they don't hate Sony and Microsoft nearly as much)
Out of the big 3? Sony is the most anti-consumer in my eyes. Nintendo coming up 2nd, and Microsoft still being anti-consumer but also making changes for the consumer.

In the end? Fuck Ninty for keeping their amazing backlog of retro titles just out of reach.

• Haha
Reactions: Cris1997XX

TobiasAmaranth

Trophies
Website
werewolfdarkarts.com
XP
Country
United States
I have to say the UI is weaker in this entry than in their other three titles (1/X/2). A few things get smoothed out as systems unlock. I've always considered MonolithSoft as UI masters, and it just feels weak this time around. :(

Like, one of the cardinal sins of inventory management is, when your menu scrolls, you only let it scroll when your cursor is at the very bottom. This is stupid because it's like crossing the road without looking, or trying to piss in the toilet blindfolded.

The proper way to do it is to scroll 2-3 before the bottom. Then you get a preview of what's to come. Especially when you're going to have a flag of "new" on things that goes away as soon as you roll past it.

Also, took me way longer than it should have in order to get the camera out from my butt. "Camera mode 1/2/3", nice and descriptive there, guys. Also, it's ZR + right stick down to zoom out overall.

Edit: Through a bit of Chapter 3 now. Still have occasional issues with the camera. Gameplay is decently deep. Many of the systems are unlocked by this point but some are probably missing..? It's nice playing a true science-fiction game, and it's at least been resistant to anime tropes so far. Resistant, but not entirely without...

Dropped it off of Hard for part of Chapter 1 but after getting the full party, stuff died too fast so I bumped it back to Hard for now. Eventually, I'll get bored as the difficulty catches back up and I'll drop it back down. Almost died to Chap2 EndBoss, somehow didn't, so it may not be too long w/that.

Last edited by TobiasAmaranth,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Hello