Gaming Nintendo Direct 14 January 2015 thread

shinkodachi

On permanent leave
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
If there was no update then I guess all the magic is happening with the digital download itself which probably mean it will not be a system wide feature.
Which is exactly why I'm fearing vWii will never support this feature and Nintendo wants us to pay the fee to "upgrade" our games for the better experience with Wii eShop downloads, much like Virtual Console titles bought on Wii had to be upgraded against a fee to the Wii U versions for enhanced features.
The way to test it is put a Wii disc in that supports the classic controller.
Currently this doesn't work of course as Nintendo hasn't pushed out an update to add support. Though when Punch-Out!! comes out on the eShop we'll know for sure.

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
Wii games with GamePad support will be a nice bonus for those that purchase the eShop edition but since anyone with a Wiimote + Classic Controller they have it'll be more or less the same.

Would've been nice to try out Mario Galaxy 2 on the GamePad with the touchscreen, kinda like Mario 3D World / Captain Toad but they didn't, well, playing it with the Wiimote + Nunchuk isn't really bad either.

shinkodachi

On permanent leave
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Wii games with GamePad support will be a nice bonus for those that purchase the eShop edition but since anyone with a Wiimote + Classic Controller they have it'll be more or less the same.
Except it'd make Off TV Play for Wii games more or less a better reality than what it is now. (Try balancing a Wii U GamePad, Wiimote + Classic Controller on your bed. :))

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
Except it'd make Off TV Play for Wii games more or less a better reality than what it is now. (Try balancing a Wii U GamePad, Wiimote + Classic Controller on your bed. :))

The Wiimote would stay aside since the Classic Controller would be the one played on but seriously what a fucking dumb idea to play Wii games on that outdated small screen.

shinkodachi

On permanent leave
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
The Wiimote would stay aside since the Classic Controller would be the one played on but seriously what a fucking dumb idea to play Wii games on that outdated small screen.

That's actually the only thing it's good for. Wii games were standard definition running at 480p at most. ;)

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
You play them on 16x9 AR don't you? I prefer 4x3 AR for them which is why it looks better and without jaggies as it would if I had it stretched out to 16x9 AR.

shinkodachi

On permanent leave
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
You play them on 16x9 AR don't you? I prefer 4x3 AR for them which is why it looks better and without jaggies as it would if I had it stretched out to 16x9 AR.

I play with 4:3 aspect ratio for Wii games, unless the game supports widescreen. Regardless, games still look like crap even if they support progressive scan. :(

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
I quite like it, especially with Kirby's Adventure but if you think it's not good enough there's always Dolphin.

The GamePad is a terrible solution to it.

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
I think if they were going to put Wii VC on the eShop before N64 VC (which has been promised for over two years now) it would have been better to raise the price a little in exchange for upscaling them to 1080p. It does Galaxy 2 a great disservice to run at 480p on a HD TV.
I thought that, too. I Heard Mario Galaxy 2 on Wii U and went right to the eShop to see those natively rendered screenshots.
BUT
When I was met with upscaled images, it occurred to me that at least this proves these are running in a virtual machine instead of being recompiled like the "new play control" titles going from gamecube to wii
which AT LEAST means it should make it simpler for them to start cranking out more Wii virtual console titles in the future
AND
it should be a fairly simple transition converting the Wii virtual machines into a GameCube virtual machine and then start cranking out VC titles for that as well

EDIT : it also occurs to me that they could stick wii versions of N64 VC titles into the Wii virtual machine and get them to us faster as well (not the best solution and I don't forsee it but, whatever)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: