NeoDS - Neo Geo AES/MVS Emulator

DivineZeus

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Take your time ingramb, u're doin a very nice job...
smile.gif
u have created the best DS emu...
wink.gif

Rock Howard

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of

Mr Slug

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
i notice on metal slug 1 about half way through level 1 the info bars score, credits, ammo, nades etc text all goes sort of white, you can still read it but the colours all gone from it, it happens all the time every time same sort of place and stays that way till you turn the game off.

i will test spin masters and samurai showdown 3 tomorrow, as last time on 1.0 spin masters failed to load and samurai showdown 3 froze on 1st round.

its so amazing having neo geo emu on the DS
smile.gif
almost all games work now just few that dont or wont and only tried bios 2 for the games so far so another bios might fix problems as the new update fixes so much that was broken on the old version amazing update work amazing.

1 thing that would be real nice to have would be a memory card save option for games that used it? ie magician lord saves each level etc etc.

WildWon

EXTERMINATE!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Question about Bios'

Do i need all 9 different bios' in order to convert the games to .neo-s? or is it just the standard "neogeo.zip" bios that i need, and the converter will do the rest?

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What we REALLY need is a list of which BIOS to use for each game when converting......and dipswitch settings for the games in the emu.
biggrin.gif

Which BIOS is optimum for Strikers 1945? I used BIOS1 and it works, but the info along both sides of the screen is missing. Is there a particular BIOS to use to get that info working? If so, which one?

WildWon

EXTERMINATE!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rayder said:
What we REALLY need is a list of which BIOS to use for each game when converting......and dipswitch settings for the games in the emu.
biggrin.gif

Which BIOS is optimum for Strikers 1945? I used BIOS1 and it works, but the info along both sides of the screen is missing. Is there a particular BIOS to use to get that info working? If so, which one?

Lol that was actually something i was going to start working on. I mean, we could get a wiki started now, but i was going to go home and start testing all the roms i have (...the entire collection
wtf.gif
) with the different bios' to see... but i dunno if its one bios with different selections, or if its different bios zip files.
smile.gif

Rayder

Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WildWon said:
Rayder said:
biggrin.gif

Lol that was actually something i was going to start working on. I mean, we could get a wiki started now, but i was going to go home and start testing all the roms i have (...the entire collection
wtf.gif
) with the different bios' to see... but i dunno if its one bios with different selections, or if its different bios zip files.
smile.gif

If you have neogeo.zip and it's at least 256k in size (mine is 260k for whatever reason), that should be all you need.....besides the games of course.

Sweater Fish Del

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
flameur said:
Hello everybody

How to make it works with my M3 lite. I have a white screen when I launch the neod.nds patched DLDI.

Thanks.
rolleyes.gif
v1.1 does not seem to be working on the M3 Lite. I was previously using v1.0 on my M3 with no problem, but now I just get a white top screen and black bottom when launching the emu. The same result whether I launch the emu form the M3 itself or launch it from my slot-1 card, but with the M3SD DLDI patch. Launching it from my slot-1 card with the DLDI for my slot-1 works fine, though.

I don't htink people need to worry much about which version of neogeo.zip they have. The different versions are not really all that different. The hacked and homebrew BIOSes are sometimes not included is all, but they all have the same basic official BIOSes which most people here seem to be using (I think the UniBIOS is best and that's not always included). And I also haven't found any different versions of those basic BIOS images, all the ones I've seen have been exactly the same even when the file creation date is different (they still have the same CRC32). The only exception is a very small neogeo.zip file (it was 56K, I think) that I found somewhere that only contains a single BIOS image named NEOGEO.ROM, which is the same as the Euro v.2 BIOS, but since it's named wrong it won't work with the NeoDsConverter.

Also of the 75 or ROMs I've tried out so far, I've found that the Uni-BIOS works best for all of them. Anything that doesn't work with that, doesn't seem to work with anything else, either. The Uni-BIOS also lets you change the region and system settings each time you start the ROM, gives access to the dipswitches and has a cheat database for most ROMs.

...word is bondage...

Rayder

Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sweater Fish Deluxe said:
flameur said:
Hello everybody

How to make it works with my M3 lite. I have a white screen when I launch the neod.nds patched DLDI.

Thanks.
rolleyes.gif
v1.1 does not seem to be working on the M3 Lite. I was previously using v1.0 on my M3 with no problem, but now I just get a white top screen and black bottom when launching the emu. The same result whether I launch the emu form the M3 itself or launch it from my slot-1 card, but with the M3SD DLDI patch. Launching it from my slot-1 card with the DLDI for my slot-1 works fine, though.

I don't htink people need to worry much about which version of neogeo.zip they have. The different versions are not really all that different. The hacked and homebrew BIOSes are sometimes not included is all, but they all have the same basic official BIOSes which most people here seem to be using (I think the UniBIOS is best and that's not always included). And I also haven't found any different versions of those basic BIOS images, all the ones I've seen have been exactly the same even when the file creation date is different (they still have the same CRC32). The only exception is a very small neogeo.zip file (it was 56K, I think) that I found somewhere that only contains a single BIOS image named NEOGEO.ROM, which is the same as the Euro v.2 BIOS, but since it's named wrong it won't work with the NeoDsConverter.

Also of the 75 or ROMs I've tried out so far, I've found that the Uni-BIOS works best for all of them. Anything that doesn't work with that, doesn't seem to work with anything else, either. The Uni-BIOS also lets you change the region and system settings each time you start the ROM, gives access to the dipswitches and has a cheat database for most ROMs.

...word is bondage...

REALLY! Hmm.....gonna have to give that a try. Thanks for the heads-up on the uni-bios.

Rayder

Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rayder said:
Sweater Fish Deluxe said:
flameur said:
Hello everybody

Thanks.
rolleyes.gif

...word is bondage...

REALLY! Hmm.....gonna have to give that a try. Thanks for the heads-up on the uni-bios.

OK, so I tried that uni-bios deal. Didn't work for me....black screens. BIOS 1 and 6 seem to work best. Yes, I have the 260k neogeo.zip file. If it doesn't work in 1, it worked in six. DAMN! I really wanted those dipswitch settings.
cry.gif

Slave

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Same for me... Uni-bios = black screen...

I cant get SVC to boot at all... any help? When SVC Boots I get a checked screen... pressing Start gets me into dip switches... but the game never boots :-/

Thanks!

Sweater Fish Del

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You guys probably don't have the UNI-BIOS.10 or UNI-BIOS.11 ROM images in the neogeo.zip files you downloaded. Like I said, many don't or else they only have UNI-BIOS.12, which the NeoDsConverter app isn't programmed to look for.

In any case, here's what you should do:

1) go get v2.2 of Universe BIOS here: http://unibios.free.fr/index.html

2) extract UNI-BIOS.ROM from the download there and rename it UNI-BIOS.11

3) drop the renamed file into your NEOGEO.ZIP

4) use the -BIOS9 switch in the new fixed NeoDsConverter app (or -BIOS10 in the old converter)

Only problem is that the DS's Select button doesn't function with this BIOS for some reason (maybe because the BIOS identifies the system as an AES, which doesn't have a coin input, instead it has a select button). This means that if you set the system to "ARCADE," you won't be able to put any coins in. So, instead, just leave the system as "CONSOLE," which seems to have better compatibility anyway an usually offers extra features like options and practice modes. Hopefully ingramb can fix this problem, though, because otherwise the UniBIOS is definitely superior.

...word is bondage...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/BiY0vNuu1eg?si=0nwmSHWeLkfcJJ__