NeoDS - Neo Geo AES/MVS Emulator

fateastray

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Wah! This is the best F-ing emulator ever!!! And if such a high profile system can be emulated, imagine using the same technique for other system emulation!! =3

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rayder said:
Here's a little trick I just discovered......

I was trying to convert KOF2002, Metal Slug 5 and X using bios switches through the DOS screen. MS5 worked (though it's missing the score and health bars and stuff), but the other two kept freezing or had corrupt graphics......

The trick? Put your neogeo.zip and only one game ROM at a time in your NeoDsConvert folder and just run the NeoDsConvert.exe. It will automatically choose the correct bios and it should work. For whatever reason, when I tried to convert multiple files at once by just clicking on the exe, the games would fail just like they were doing through the DOS window, but one at a time worked like a charm.

This was done using the 1.1a converter.
Ok you can have me or a hooker of your choice sir...well ok maybe not but thanks.

It has now done some games that wouldn't work before.

Would be great to get some other Arcade games going, especially Capcoms Superhero games like The Punisher or Alien Vs Predator.

jpxdude

Trophies
Website
www.geekpower.co.uk
XP
Country
Hadrian said:
Rayder said:

I was trying to convert KOF2002, Metal Slug 5 and X using bios switches through the DOS screen. MS5 worked (though it's missing the score and health bars and stuff), but the other two kept freezing or had corrupt graphics......

The trick? Put your neogeo.zip and only one game ROM at a time in your NeoDsConvert folder and just run the NeoDsConvert.exe. It will automatically choose the correct bios and it should work. For whatever reason, when I tried to convert multiple files at once by just clicking on the exe, the games would fail just like they were doing through the DOS window, but one at a time worked like a charm.

Ok you can have me or a hooker of your choice sir...well ok maybe not but thanks.

It has now done some games that wouldn't work before.

Would be great to get some other Arcade games going, especially Capcoms Superhero games like The Punisher or Alien Vs Predator.

All we need is Final Burn DS
smile.gif
I'd love to get the old capcom CPS1 (and if possible CPS2) games on!

fateastray

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hm i'd like to suggest sleep mode support (like SnemulDS and lameboy) and a pause emulation button. Phonecalls are messing up my CVS spree!

Also, I can't see the health bars or any bars in Rage of theDragons. Is this s settings matter or a software matter?

jpxdude

Trophies
Website
www.geekpower.co.uk
XP
Country
fateastray said:
Hm i'd like to suggest sleep mode support (like SnemulDS and lameboy) and a pause emulation button. Phonecalls are messing up my CVS spree!

Also, I can't see the health bars or any bars in Rage of theDragons. Is this s settings matter or a software matter?

I second the pause/sleep mode if possible...

I have been playing this MS1 on this excellent emulator for the last 3 days on the bus to work, but I only get as far as mission 4, before I have to get off the bus and turn it off
frown.gif
With a sleep mode and pause, it'd be nice to pick up where I left from on the way back home!
smile.gif

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A trick I found for pausing a game is hitting "Load ROM", then when you want to continue the game, hit "cancel". It works for me, though you'll likely lose a guy as you scramble to tap the small "load ROM" button on the touchscreen.

Another small request for the emu......when you tell it to turn off the bottom screen, make it actually shut off the backlight for the bottom screen, not just blank the screen, because one thing I've noticed about this emu, it munches hard on the batteries like you're playing a WiFi game. I'm sure it's because of the constant streaming data, so actually turning off the backlight on the bottom screen would extend battery life significantly.

Still, this is one emu on the DS that goes to 11. I'm buying another 2gig microSD because of this emu.

WildWon

EXTERMINATE!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, so last night i started some MASSIVE neogeo rom conversion/testing, and its very interesting. I have the entire NeoGeo collection, all but about 15 of them converted by just running the EXE straight, and so far i tested the first 1/3'd of the games (A-K) and all but 3 of the converted roms worked started w/out a hitch. One with a problem was Irritating Maze which started fine, but because there's no trackball support, the buttons and arrows made it do VERY odd things.

I loaded up L-Q on my card last night, and when i started testing this morning, i have an odd problem of the SC-DS1 OS not loading properly (it freezes on the "save saver" screen JUST before i can navigate the menus). On the TT os, it loads fine, and i can load a rom and play it, but if i try to load another rom, it locks up. I'm going to remove the roms tonight, and reload a few less (i THINK its just a little too much space taken up on the card with the number i put on this last time).

I'm going to keep working through the list, and i'll have a post after the weekend with which Roms run with which conversion method.

I must say, i am VERY surprised with this emu, as it stands right now. Almost all the KOF games run fine (kof2k3 was the biggest shock for me) along with a couple of others. Can't wait to keep this thing moving
smile.gif

jpxdude

Trophies
Website
www.geekpower.co.uk
XP
Country
Shidori said:
Samurai Shodown works perfect!

For those who have problems with a game that supposed to work, just try another dump. The bios issue with NeoDsConvert.exe is fixed now with v01.1a; if you don't want the bios1 by default use another one, and take a look at the README file, everything is explained!

Hi Shidori!

Thanks for the tip
smile.gif
I've not got it working 100% at full speed
biggrin.gif
very happy! I got it to work by forcing a bios via command line, the usual double-click of the neodsconvert file wasn't working.
yaynds.gif

CockroachMan

Scribbling around GBATemp's kitchen.
Trophies
Website
www.homembarata.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
Rayder said:

I also found that as far as I can tell, you don't need the neogeo.neo file on your flashcart. All the games still work anyway, so I'm assuming it's not needed.

I love you Rayder..

KOF96 is running perfectly..
ohmy.gif

The controls are a little weird thought.. it's hard to make special moves :/

khan

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Pakistan
Am I the only one experiencing graphical issues with the following games?

World Heroes 2 - Life bars etc. are all blacked out (converting with
uni-bios, then enabling in-game menu makes them appear for the current
round but dissappears after that round)

World Heroes 2 Jet- opposite of WH2, game seems to be running but
characters, backgrounds etc. are all blacked out while lifebars are
visible in this one

Art of Fighting 3 - seriously suffering from garbled graphics near
the end of the game, i was about to face Robert Garcia playing as Ryo

King of Fighters 96 - same as above, it started when I encountered
Chizaru

Are there already fixes to these games as in using different bios
parameters? or we must wait for the next release of NeoDS for these?

Thanks

Shidori

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
khan, are you using slot2 ram expansion? Several new glitches are caused by them, if you own one don't use it and just wait for a new version...

If you don't use one, well i don't know, maybe you should try another bios, i'm pretty sure these games run fine... Garbled graphics near the end of the game seems to have something to do with data streaming, when you play for a long time it may cause this problem, but it's only a supposition i don't really know!

DivineZeus

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Err guys, can u help me please with kof98? neodsconvert says my version is corrupted (missing file 242-p1.bin)... what can i do now? :/ thanks in advance for all replies...

cris92x

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DivineZeus download the rom again and if you have the same problem then download off a different website which is up to date with the new mame romsets

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    realtimesave @ realtimesave: I have it in my hands