NeoCD RX - A new fork.

niuus

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
NBMoYZ7.jpg

NeoCDRX is a Neo Geo CD / Neo Geo CDZ emulator, running on the GameCube, Wii, and Wii U's Virtual Wii. This is a fork of NeoGeo CD Redux (Infact), a port to the Wii of the NEO-CD REDUX emulator for the GameCube, originally coded by Softdev. It also includes pieces from NeoCD-Wii (Wiimpathy / Jacobeian), and NeoCD Redux Unofficial (megalomaniac). NEO-CD REDUX was itself based on NeoCD/SDL 0.3.1 (Foster) and NeoGeo CDZ (NJ) emulator, which are source ports of the original NeoCD emulator (Fabrice Martinez).

Features:
  • All the changes from the last official release of the previous fork.
  • Now SDHC & USB support are fully working.
  • UStealth USB devices support.
  • Save the virtual Neo Geo Memory Card to your SD/USB or Gamecube Memory Card.
  • Controllers supported: Gamecube controller, Wii Remote, Wii Remote Plus, Wiimote+Nunchuk.

Check the README for more details.

Jg8Yt60.jpg

Goals:
  • 240p support.
  • Buttons configuration.
  • M68000 / Z80 engine upgrade.
  • OGG/FLAC support, besides the already working MP3 playback.
  • CUE+BIN support.
  • Covers / CD artwork display.
  • BIOS selector.
  • USB HID and/or Xbox 360 controller support.
  • DualShock 3, DualShock 4 and DualShock 5 controller support.
  • CUE+BIN, CHD compressed file support.

Neo Geo CD exclusive titles:
  1. ADK World
  2. Bang² Busters
  3. Crossed Swords II
  4. Ironclad: Tesshō Rusha
  5. Idol Mahjong Final Romance 2
  6. Neo Geo CD Special
  7. Shinsetsu Samurai Spirits Bushidō Retsuden
  8. The King of Fighters '96: Neo Geo Collection
  9. Treasure of the Caribbean
  10. Zintrick
Some exclusive content or extra features:
  1. Arranged CD music in some games.
  2. Extra content in King of Fighters.
  3. Metal Slug: Combat School, Level Selection, Art Gallery.
  4. Metal Slug 2: Combat School, Level Selection, Art Gallery.
  5. Neo Turf Masters: Extra course.
  6. Real Bout Fatal Fury: Extra japanese song during the credits.
  7. Real Bout Fatal Fury Special: Music video after beating the game.
  8. Samurai Shodown IV: Amakusa's Revenge: Play as Zankuro in 2 players mode.
  9. Higher quality music. (Xeno Crisis)
  10. For more minutiae, check the MVS_vs_CD.txt attached.

Links:

Newest/Latest release at:
https://github.com/niuus/NeoCDRX/

PDF manual and changelog also available inside the release zip.

Attachments

• MVS_vs_CD.txt
    19 KB · Views: 109
Last edited by niuus,

niuus

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
404 but i don't mind waiting a bit more. Take your time. Thanks for the efforts.
Happy to see proper USB support
Nothing has been released. Still giving the finishing touches to some visual things I had pending in the GUI all these months. I wanted to leave that for the last, as I was still trying to cram more features that the code was giving me hell to do. More on that later.

cheloruiz79

Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
Nothing has been released. Still giving the finishing touches to some visual things I had pending in the GUI all these months. I wanted to leave that for the last, as I was still trying to cram more features that the code was giving me hell to do. More on that later.
can this version be used as a plugin in wiiflow?

Reactions: SaulFabre

SaulFabre

I like Yoshis and the Wii/Wii U scene.
Trophies
Website
saulfabreg-wiivc.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Ecuador
I dont know since on original NeoCD Wii code there wasn't any piece of code for support WiiFlow...
But let's dream and cross the fingers for see somebody (maybe Wiimpathy?) making it compatible with WiiFlow.

Reactions: cheloruiz79

niuus

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
I dont know since on original NeoCD Wii code there wasn't any piece of code for support WiiFlow...
But let's dream and cross the fingers for see somebody (maybe Wiimpathy?) making it compatible with WiiFlow.
Not that it needs to be said thrice, but, as it was very clearly stated in the past...

Sorry, but no. As I already said, I'm done with this emulator.

But yeah, not so good memories with this code

He also already told you directly:

In short, I don't find worth the effort to make it plugin compatible.
Case closed. Ease on the eternal and incessant Wiiflow pushing.

I don't use Wiiflow at all, never have, so that's the lowest of the lowest priorities for me. Anyone else is welcome to try. The code is kinda 'delicate' and sometimes stops loading games when new features are added (it gets stuck at banner loading), Wiimpathy already warned me a long time ago, so... not for the faint of heart.

SaulFabre

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Ecuador
DualShock3,4 support, CHD. support....This is so gooood!!!
@mrmagicm
Erm, you didn't read carefully the README... The README states clearly:

Goals:
  • 240p support.
  • Buttons configuration.
  • Z80 engine upgrade.
  • OGG support, besides the already working MP3 playback.
  • Covers / CD artwork display.
  • USB HID and/or Xbox 360 controller support.
  • DualShock 3, DualShock 4 and DualShock 5 controller support.
  • CHD compressed file support.

So it means that NeoCD RX doesn't currently support these controllers and it doesn't have support for CHD format, until someone figures out how to add support for these.

Last edited by SaulFabre,
Reactions: niuus

niuus

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Instead of OGG, you should aim to add FLAC support, because it's the format audio is stored in CHD.
You might find this useful: https://github.com/mackron/dr_libs
Nice alternative for those with big cards, though OGG is not to be dismissed, as it is unrestricted by software patents. Added FLAC to the Goals section.

SaulFabre

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Ecuador
Hi friends where can I download this emulator?
Read the thread. It doesn't still have a specific date for public release.

not to be finicky, but there is an Ironclad NeoGeo rom since it was released on the Wiishop, so it's no longer an NGCD exclusive
I know, right?
Ironclad was released as a Wii Virtual Console game by Nintendo (and SNK) where SNK (or even Nintendo) have taken the resources from the CD game (S, C, V, P, M files) and it made a "small" game.
In other words, for release Ironclad on Wii VC, they made a NeoGeo MVS/AES romset from the CD programs and files. That's the main reason that Ironclas is also included as a playable title on MAME/Final Burn Alpha/Neo, but it was from the Wii VC release that they could make a NG romset for that MVS/AES version of the game.

niuus

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
not to be finicky, but there is an Ironclad NeoGeo rom since it was released on the Wiishop, so it's no longer an NGCD exclusive
Well, the game was in fact stolen/extracted from the VC re-release to make emulation roms and cartridges, there's even a GOG release. If we're strict with the term "exclusive", then most of those games are playable in one way or another on other systems, which completely bypasses the point, even Samurai Shodown RPG has other ports (PSX/Saturn), but this game has things in each port that others don't. And you know what other thing other ports don't have? A french translation for it, and an english one at work. :D

Brand Newman

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
France
Ironclad was released as a Wii Virtual Console game by Nintendo (and SNK) where SNK (or even Nintendo) have taken the resources from the CD game (S, C, V, P, M files) and it made a "small" game.
In other words, for release Ironclad on Wii VC, they made a NeoGeo MVS/AES romset from the CD programs and files. That's the main reason that Ironclas is also included as a playable title on MAME/Final Burn Alpha/Neo, but it was from the Wii VC release that they could make a NG romset for that MVS/AES version of the game.
What about the music, though? I checked, and there are audio tracks on the original game (contrary to Andro Dunos, for example).

Does that mean the "rom" they released is incompatible with MVS/AES hardware and/or emulator, due to some compressed music being in it, or maybe does it play without music? :unsure:

Reactions: RunningSnakes

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: it looks like a little kids' game, and bunny (welcome btw) is looking for an uncensor patch