Homebrew Emulator [UNOFFICIAL] NeoCD-Libretro (SNK NeoGeo CD) emulator core for the Wii, powered by RetroArch

RunningSnakes

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What you have are completely extracted files. If you open up the .cue file by right clicking on the .cue with Notepad+, you can see if the .cue file has multiple tracks listed. If it does, converting the mp3 to ogg could work. If it only shows Track01, these files will not work for audio unless you do a lot of editing.

antoniotnt

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
The .cue file brings me this, I put the attachment. But is there a compatible rom set for this plugin? If yes with what search word can I find it on google. Thanks again.

Attachments

• Nuovo documento di testo.txt
    126 bytes · Views: 42

RunningSnakes

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes. What you have will not work for Neo CD Libretro Wii. However, what you have will work with NeoCDRX standalone emulator just released.

There are plenty links out there for what you want. You are looking for bin/cue. If you find CHD, the download size will be cut in half or more but you will need to extract the CHD to bin/cue. A very simple and quick process.

antoniotnt

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Yes. What you have will not work for Neo CD Libretro Wii. However, what you have will work with NeoCDRX standalone emulator just released.

There are plenty links out there for what you want. You are looking for bin/cue. If you find CHD, the download size will be cut in half or more but you will need to extract the CHD to bin/cue. A very simple and quick process.
Yes I already tried NeoCDRX (very nice). But it doesn't have compatibility with the classic controller (only the analog stick works, the buttons don't work) and it doesn't start games automatically on wiiflow, too bad. Thanks for everything.

snk2

Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
I installed this on my Wii console, but I can't seem to boot a game. After showing the NeoGeo CD logo, it always takes me to the CD player screen, where I can listen to the audio tracks on the cd.

I double and triple checked the BIOS files with the SHA1 check , they are in the right folder , also verified the game images, in fact I tried multiple versions, be it bin+cue or iso+wav+cue, from different regions, and the result is still the same. (btw these images work in other emulators).

The emulator and the games are on the SD card in the console, and I boot the emulator from the Homebrew Browser.

Is there a setting I'm missing or what could be the issue?

Reactions: SaulFabre

SaulFabre

I like Yoshis and the Wii/Wii U scene.
OP
Trophies
Website
saulfabreg-wiivc.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Ecuador
I installed this on my Wii console, but I can't seem to boot a game. After showing the NeoGeo CD logo, it always takes me to the CD player screen, where I can listen to the audio tracks on the cd.

I double and triple checked the BIOS files with the SHA1 check , they are in the right folder , also verified the game images, in fact I tried multiple versions, be it bin+cue or iso+wav+cue, from different regions, and the result is still the same. (btw these images work in other emulators).

The emulator and the games are on the SD card in the console, and I boot the emulator from the Homebrew Browser.

Is there a setting I'm missing or what could be the issue?
Not an issue.

If you're using Front/Top Loader BIOSes, the BIOS will always display the CD player menu after you load a game. After the CD Player Menu appears after loading a game, just press START (+ in Wii Classic Controller) for start the game.

If you're using CDZ BIOS, the BIOS will load and start the game automatically.

Reactions: RunningSnakes

snk2

Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
Not an issue.

If you're using Front/Top Loader BIOSes, the BIOS will always display the CD player menu after you load a game. After the CD Player Menu appears after loading a game, just press START (+ in Wii Classic Controller) for start the game.

If you're using CDZ BIOS, the BIOS will load and start the game automatically.
Oh I see. And how can I check which BIOS I'm using, since I have all those recommended in the OP, and there's Front, Top and CDZ among them?

Reactions: SaulFabre

SaulFabre

I like Yoshis and the Wii/Wii U scene.
OP
Trophies
Website
saulfabreg-wiivc.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Ecuador
Oh I see. And how can I check which BIOS I'm using, since I have all those recommended in the OP, and there's Front, Top and CDZ among them?
The emulator settings allows you to select between use Top Loader, Front Loader or CDZ BIOSes.
I think it should be in "Core Settings".

snk2

Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
The emulator settings allows you to select between use Top Loader, Front Loader or CDZ BIOSes.
I think it should be in "Core Settings".
Thanks for that info. Do you happen to know what settings to change in the emulator options to get a clear 240p image, or as close to it as possible? I tried to change the output resolution in the core options but no matter what I set, the image is blurry even with the bilinear filtering disabled, so I'm wondering if there's some other setting(s) that I need to change.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto