Hacking Need Help With Full Cyclo DS Tutorial.........

Dark Lord

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Hello guys,I'm just bought Cyclo DS Evolution with EZ Flash 3 in 1 expansion pack.I hope someone who are really expert in this forum would provide me :

1. Full Cyclo DS tutorial on how to set it up.
2. Full and simple tutorial on how to use EZ Flash 3 in 1 expansion pack with Cyclo DS latest firmware.
3. Full and complete tutorial on how to use cheat code on GBA games.
4. Tutorial on how to use other software like Moonshell.

I hope you guys can help me.....

Dark Lord

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Can you please show me the full tutorial on how to use ez flash 3 in 1 with cyclods coz i'm really don't understand the link you gave me.........by the way,i'm using the latest firmware which is 1.55 for my cyclods..........

DeMoN

GBAtemp Guru
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Why do you need a tutorial? The CycloDS is natively compatible with the EZ-Flash so if all you want to do is play GBA ROMs, you don't need to install anything.

Dark Lord

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Hi guys.I actually want the cycloDS user opinion and solution.Since the release of the latest stable firmware which is 1.55,is it possible for the gba roms to be run from the cycloDS GUI like nds roms or is it still require rudolph or gbaexplorer to run the roms?By the way,I tried to run the roms after patching it with cheats using GBAATM using the cycloDS GUI.Unfortunately,the game crashes.Can someone help me figure this out?

Gariscus

Former Team Cyclops Mod
Trophies
XP
Country
It is possible to run gba roms from the gui like ds roms. I haven't used GBAATM in ages so I can't help you there unfortunately...
unsure.gif

leiger

Trophies
XP
Country
Dark Lord said:
Hi guys.I actually want the cycloDS user opinion and solution.Since the release of the latest stable firmware which is 1.55,is it possible for the gba roms to be run from the cycloDS GUI like nds roms or is it still require rudolph or gbaexplorer to run the roms?By the way,I tried to run the roms after patching it with cheats using GBAATM using the cycloDS GUI.Unfortunately,the game crashes.Can someone help me figure this out?

GBA games have been able to be run directly from the GUI without any patching for a while (sorry, I don't have a specific firmware number or date to give you).

------------------------ EZ Flash 3-in-1 ----------------------------------

If you have one of the original EZ Flash 3-in-1's, it should work perfectly fine to do this: Plug in the 3in1, turn DS on, boot CycloDS, run GBA game from menu.

------------------------ EZ Flash 3-in-1 PLUS ------------------------

If you have the plus version... there are some compatibility issues there. PSRAM works fine but for games that require NOR, there seems to be two different results, and no-one has figured out why some people get one result while others get a different result:

Option 1: You try to run a GBA game from the menu and it loads into NOR. You see the Nintendo logo, then dual white screens. Hard resetting the DS, and re-attempting to load the GBA game works perfectly fine the second time, now that the game is in NOR.

Option 2: You try to run a GBA game from the menu and it loads into NOR. You see the Nintendo logo, then dual white screens. Hard resetting the DS does not fix the problem and something like GBA EXPloader is needed to flash the games to NOR instead.

I experience Option 1. Every time I want to play a GBA game, 100% of the time it'll fail on the first attempt, and 100% of the time it'll work on the second attempt.

Gariscus, who posted before me, is an example of someone that experiences Option 2 and needs to use GBA EXPloader.

Dwight

Gawb. Gawb Bluth.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They're both incredibly easy to get working, and the guides supplied are more than satisfactory.
Honestly if you don't understand those guides and need to have them explained for you, you don't really deserve to have a CycloDS.
Hell, I don't know how you got on the internet in the first place if you have so much trouble with simple instruction.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: