EZ-Flash's new Nintendo DS flashcard Product Images with Information

WanderingHunter

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
China
Disclaimer: I have no relationship with EZ-Flash, and the relevant news is disclosed and leaked by the relevant EZ-Flash personnel in the relevant product after-sales group in China.

1. Support NDS, NDSL, NDSi, NDSIXL, 3DS, N3DS, 3DSLL and other handheld games to play, including iQue DS/3DS
2. FPGA main chip driver produced in China (most likely provided by Guangdong Gaoyun Semiconductor Technology)
3. Power-saving design
4. Use the WOOD kernel maintained by EZTEAM, with good after-sales support
5. Compatible with various community-made WOOD skins
6. Support FAT32, 4GB-32GB MicroSD card
7. Support cheating
8. Support soft reset
9. The cartridge has built-in NTRBOOT support, which can be directly used for magnet cracking of 3DS host
10. There is no time bomb
1.jpg

2.jpg
3.jpg

4.jpg

Post automatically merged:

Since I don't know English, the above is translated from Chinese to English using Microsoft Translator.

EZ-Flash officials have disclosed the shelf time in China in the product after-sales group. EZ-FLASH
Parallel Launch Event Description: January 2024
The first event will be held from 10 a.m. to 9 p.m. on the 23rd
Each Taobao account is limited to 2 sets, and more shots
The first preferential price is 79 CNY / package
Post, after the first event, the original price will be restored to 99 CNY / set
Free shipping, welcome everyone to buy!
The purchase URL will be announced at 10 o'clock on the 23rd

It is not known when other regions will be available

Prices in other regions may not be the same as those in China, and the possibility that they will be a little more expensive cannot be ruled out

Last edited by WanderingHunter,

Nikokaro

Lost philosopher... searching for a way out...
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hmm...and what would be so special about this DS flashcart? From looking at the various features listed, it looks like one of many. The market is already saturated with r4 chinese clones, very cheap and all equally good: e.g. R4 Gold Pro and Ace3DS+. Regarding the so-called time bomb, it has never been a real problem: easily circumvented by moving the date on the DS menu or using YSMenu (alternative multi-compatible software).
That said, I have to admit that aesthetically it looks very nice. 😉

Reactions: Kwyjor

lifehackerhansol

i write working(?) code
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
While the feature set being shown here is, well, meh at best, I don't really see anything wrong with it.

But, if it is indeed Wood based, then GPLv3 should be respected (for both the menu and the ROM loader!). Though EZ-Flash seems to open source the software on their newer devices, so maybe that will come true.

And maybe the build quality will be better than the trash being sold on Aliexpress right now. Honestly anything is a plus if they can one-up what's being sold today.

Last edited by lifehackerhansol,
Reactions: orangy57

WanderingHunter

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
China
This sounds really disappointing. No IR or Bluetooth (e.g. for Pokemon black 2), no DSi mode stuff, no mention of EZ-Flash OMEGA Definitive Edition support and not even Real Time Save. How is this better than a 10 bucks R4?
According to the previous statements of EZ Flash officials, the final selling price will not exceed 100¥
According to 2024 1.21 18:00 in exchange rate,100¥=13.90$

SylverReZ

Dat one with the Rez
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Disclaimer: I have no relationship with EZ-Flash, and the relevant news is disclosed and leaked by the relevant EZ-Flash personnel in the relevant product after-sales group in China.

1. Support NDS, NDSL, NDSi, NDSIXL, 3DS, N3DS, 3DSLL and other handheld games to play, including iQue DS/3DS
2. FPGA main chip driver produced in China (most likely provided by Guangdong Gaoyun Semiconductor Technology)
3. Power-saving design
4. Use the WOOD kernel maintained by EZTEAM, with good after-sales support
5. Compatible with various community-made WOOD skins
6. Support FAT32, 4GB-32GB MicroSD card
7. Support cheating
8. Support soft reset
9. The cartridge has built-in NTRBOOT support, which can be directly used for magnet cracking of 3DS host
10. There is no time bomb
View attachment 415321
View attachment 415323View attachment 415324

View attachment 415325
Post automatically merged:

Since I don't know English, the above is translated from Chinese to English using Microsoft Translator.
Oh wow, that looks cool. Are there any links to buy it anywhere atm?

Reactions: zxr750j

WanderingHunter

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
China
Oh wow, that looks cool. Are there any links to buy it anywhere atm?
In the fourth quarter of 2023, some screenshots of the product have been leaked, but EZ-Flash has never officially stated when it will be on the shelves, and it is currently unavailable

EZ-Flash has indirectly disclosed the launch time in China, but not in other regions,
I've already added to this in the first post.

Last edited by WanderingHunter,
Reactions: SylverReZ

orangy57

bruh
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Seems like a super barebones cart, but if it's cheap and reliable like most of EZFlash's stuff I could see this being used as a better reference card since most people don't know where to turn. Right now the main recommendations are timebomb carts, random clone carts, the Ace3DS plus, and the tougher to find old stocks of the Ak2i, R4i Ultra, or R4i 3DS gold whatever cart. It's a huge pain to sift through all of the clones and similarly-named junk to find a reliable cart that doesn't suck with homebrew.

This could rlly be a good baseline level flashcard but I would rather see them make something like the EZFlash Omega definitive edtion for the DS

lifehackerhansol

i write working(?) code
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Seems like a super barebones cart, but if it's cheap and reliable like most of EZFlash's stuff I could see this being used as a better reference card since most people don't know where to turn. Right now the main recommendations are timebomb carts, random clone carts, the Ace3DS plus, and the tougher to find old stocks of the Ak2i, R4i Ultra, or R4i 3DS gold whatever cart. It's a huge pain to sift through all of the clones and similarly-named junk to find a reliable cart that doesn't suck. This could rlly be a good baseline level flashcard.
Based on the feature set being shown in OP, the only other competition sold right now is the Ace3DS X, which was the flashcart of 2023, especially with the 3DS firmware update having required ntrboot for a few months. And that cart is also priced around the 10-15 USD range.

If the previous detail about the 100CNY price point is upheld, then really this would be the cart to buy in 2024. Of course, the issue of kernel licensing should still be considered, without that, this cart is as good as any random cart you can find off Aliexpress.

BETA215

Member not found
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I hope this doesn't tries to be just another flashcard that's just more reliable... which seems to be the case currently. EZ-Flash can do better with what they have, and it'll improve sales because it won't be just another flashcard of the bunch.
Most people that already have other flashcards might not feel as inclined to give it a chance, or to even consider it after reading the description. I definitely won't, even if the price is interesting. It needs more to be actually relevant or something exciting.
I expected more coming from them, I hope they don't disappoint us.

Last edited by BETA215,

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
Seems like a super barebones cart
It runs WOODR4 without a time bomb, and shows what chips it's using, that's already huge and not 'barebones'. I think you're expecting too much, like a DSTWO clone or something.

I wonder what the pins on the front side are for. Possibly firmware updates by flipping it around and loading from slot 2?

SylverReZ

Dat one with the Rez
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Oh fuck yeah, I'm gonna buy that.
Me too, hope its affordable. I had a look at the FPGA that was used on Mouser, and 1 unit costs £11. So this card would either sell for around 15-25 bucks. I don't know for sure, but I'm just theorizing.

ghjfdtg

Trophies
XP
Country
Before i would even consider getting one i would wait and see if this is better than the Ace3DS+/Ace3DS X clones. And of course if their power saving claim is true.

orangy57

bruh
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It runs WOODR4 without a time bomb, and shows what chips it's using, that's already huge and not 'barebones'. I think you're expecting too much, like a DSTWO clone or something.

I wonder what the pins on the front side are for. Possibly firmware updates by flipping it around and loading from slot 2?
I mean it has all the features of the historic great flashcarts like the Ak2i, it's just that EZFlash has had a reputation of going pretty above and beyond with their GBA flashcarts that cover all the bases of anything you could possibly think of for a GBA cart. Enough RAM to play every single game in the library, saves that won't die on you, RTC support, rumble, savestates, etc. This ds flashcart is solid and will be a good "get this flashcart if u don't know what to get" but it doesn't do much more than that. I wouldn't be surprised if this cart still has issues that most Wood carts face with games like Warioware DIY, but obviously it's not shooting for the moon at $13 USD lol

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
I mean it has all the features of the historic great flashcarts like the Ak2i, it's just that EZFlash has had a reputation of going pretty above and beyond with their GBA flashcarts that cover all the bases of anything you could possibly think of for a GBA cart. Enough RAM to play every single game in the library, saves that won't die on you, RTC support, rumble, savestates, etc. This ds flashcart is solid and will be a good "get this flashcart if u don't know what to get" but it doesn't do much more than that. I wouldn't be surprised if this cart still has issues that most Wood carts face with games like Warioware DIY, but obviously it's not shooting for the moon at $13 USD lol
Yeah, for $13, it's gonna become the baseline standard for flash carts and clones I feel like (when it eventually gets cloned too).

It's just hard to find a reliable DS flash cart that runs WOODR4 right now, so this is a very promising option for me. Most of them come with some modified Ysmenu, and I can't stand Ysmenu.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto