EZ-Flash's new Nintendo DS flashcard Product Images with Information

Flame

Me > You
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Well, the English page of ezflash website now is up.

https://www.ezflash.cn/product/ez-flash-parallel/

Features​

• Support play ds game on All Nintendo DS/3DS and all derivatives, included iQue products
  • Driven by independent FPGA chip
  • Power saving design
  • WOOD kernel maintained by EZTEAM, with community support
  • Compatible with community-made WOOD skins
  • Support FAT32, 4GB – 32GB MicroSD card
  • Cheat support
  • Softreset support
  • Native support NTRBOOT without any flasher
  • No TimeBomb.

Reactions: zfreeman and stl25

stl25

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I purchased this cart via Aliexpress. Seems nice overall. Game loading, menu loading, and game compatibility are currently holding this cart back from being a viable alternative to carts such as the Ace3DS+ or DSOne. Pretty shell though... haha.

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Game loading, menu loading, and game compatibility are currently holding this cart back from being a viable alternative to carts such as the Ace3DS+ or DSOne.
Since it uses the Wood kernel, doesn't it have the same compatibility as everything else..?

stl25

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Since it uses the Wood kernel, doesn't it have the same compatibility as everything else..?
I think someone mentioned on a forum I read it is based on Wood 1.25 source and thus is not up to date as far a AP fixes built into the loader. Some games that load on Wood for the OG R4 and r4ids.cn based carts do not load on this cart.

lifehackerhansol

i write working(?) code
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Being Wood based really doesn't mean jack tbh.

The last open source version is 1.25 (under GPLv3 too, so um, EZ-Flash pls hurry the f up), they took that and started adding 3 years worth of fixes.

It won't ever be the same as the official Wood 1.62. But we can hope it will become close enough.

Though I'm not sure how I feel about the current price the dealers are asking for...

stl25

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Being Wood based really doesn't mean jack tbh.

The last open source version is 1.25 (under GPLv3 too, so um, EZ-Flash pls hurry the f up), they took that and started adding 3 years worth of fixes.

It won't ever be the same as the official Wood 1.62. But we can hope it will become close enough.

Though I'm not sure how I feel about the current price the dealers are asking for...
Price is a tad high for the current state the cart is in from a compatibility standpoint. If compatibility can be brought up to near official Wood the price would be more palatable.

Flame

Me > You
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
I purchased this cart via Aliexpress. Seems nice overall. Game loading, menu loading, and game compatibility are currently holding this cart back from being a viable alternative to carts such as the Ace3DS+ or DSOne. Pretty shell though... haha.

Where did you find it on AliExpress?

master801

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Where did you find it on AliExpress?
There seem to be a bunch of sellers popping up now, but no one has reviewed them yet (on the AliExpress listings), which makes it skeptical to buy since it hasn't officially hit the international market.

Search for "ez parallel"

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Heh. I wonder how long it will take before knockoffs like the "EZ-Flash 3DSi SDHC 2024 Ex Plus Alpha Revolution" start cropping up?

It won't ever be the same as the official Wood 1.62.
Didn't "Wood" start off as the Acekard firmware hacked to run on the R4? I didn't realize it had an "official" version now.

lifehackerhansol

i write working(?) code
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Didn't "Wood" start off as the Acekard firmware hacked to run on the R4? I didn't realize it had an "official" version now.
It actually supported the Acekard RPG first. Which was what akmenu was designed to run to begin with.
Anyway, official Wood would be what was provided by YWG himself, for the AKRPG, R4, R4iDSN and r4ids.cn lineup. It would be "unofficial" or a "fork" otherwise. This EZ-Flash kernel would be a fork, as is most Wood-based kernels out there.

stl25

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Something interesting. The cart will not boot on my hacked DSi XL. In fact it does not even show up in the menu. Surprisingly, it does work on my hacked DSi. Both on 1.4.5 hiyaCFW SDNAND. Maybe has something to do with ntrboot?

Edit: This cart is weird. Works on DSLite (autoboot) and hacked 3DS. If I depress the cart deeper in the slot on DSi XL it will show up in menu but launching results in error. I am at a loss understanding why it does not work.

Attachments

• EZ Flash Parallel features.JPG
    EZ Flash Parallel features.JPG
    18.2 KB · Views: 13
Last edited by stl25,

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If I depress the cart deeper in the slot on DSi XL it will show up in menu but launching results in error. I am at a loss understanding why it does not work.
Bad contact? If you're daring, you can try the old trick of putting some paper in the slot to squeeze things together.

What does the cart show up as, anyway? I presume they still have to spoof a legitimate cart to get past the blacklist.

stl25

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I did the paper trick and that was successful. Really hope EZ Flash team will or has already addressed this in future revisions as the cart is noticeably easier to insert into the slot than the more common flashcarts. I will update this post in a bit with a picture of the game it displays as.

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Reactions: anotherthing

stl25

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Attachments

• IMG_1060.jpeg
    IMG_1060.jpeg
    711.8 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_1061.jpeg
    IMG_1061.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 19

A-Hacked-Soul

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Got mine in today,it has been a treat to use and a throwback for sure. It is nice to know I am not gambling on a timebomb.
Tested working on all DS, DSi, and 3DS versions unhacked, plus hacked.

Reactions: anotherthing

A-Hacked-Soul

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Something interesting. The cart will not boot on my hacked DSi XL. In fact it does not even show up in the menu. Surprisingly, it does work on my hacked DSi. Both on 1.4.5 hiyaCFW SDNAND. Maybe has something to do with ntrboot?

Edit: This cart is weird. Works on DSLite (autoboot) and hacked 3DS. If I depress the cart deeper in the slot on DSi XL it will show up in menu but launching results in error. I am at a loss understanding why it does not work.
I am attempting to repeat this on mine for review, but have not been able to get this result. I am not familiar with this issue for the device, could you give more info?
Post automatically merged:

It runs WOODR4 without a time bomb, and shows what chips it's using, that's already huge and not 'barebones'. I think you're expecting too much, like a DSTWO clone or something.

I wonder what the pins on the front side are for. Possibly firmware updates by flipping it around and loading from slot 2?
As far as I have seen so far it is just for looks.

Zaphod77

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
they have released ver 1.03, which adds a lot more AP fixes.

anyone know how it's ntr-boot support works? is it like the stargate where it just works if the magnet is there?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto