Hacking MT-card(maybe the first 3ds multi-rom flash card)

dagro

Trophies
XP
Country
While that totally makes sense,
It'll be interesting to test their firmware/launcher on GW's cart;
it'll give us some form of platform to test whether is it simply cloning the firmware and draw a conclusion along those lines.
even if it was cloned it won't work just like R4is launcher doesn't work on gateway cause of slight changes

windwakr

Trophies
Website
windwakr.github.io
XP
Country
United States
I thought that after you turned off the unit, the exploit "resets"?
(I'm referring to power on, not waking from sleep)

You lose Gateway mode when you turn off your console. But you can just re-enter the DS profile settings to get that back.

You only have to re-install the exploit when you play a DS game or use a DS flashcard.

kyogre123

Mexican Pride
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
While that totally makes sense,
It'll be interesting to test their firmware/launcher on GW's cart;
it'll give us some form of platform to test whether is it simply cloning the firmware and draw a conclusion along those lines.

It is highly probable that they are at least cloning the current public Gateway's beta, but still it may simply won't work with GW's cart just like every launcher that has been adapted by R4i for the clones.

Queno138

Ravens
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
even if it was cloned it won't work just like R4is launcher doesn't work on gateway cause of slight changes
It is highly probable that they are at least cloning the current public Gateway's beta, but still it may simply won't work with GW's cart just like every launcher that has been adapted by R4i for the clones.

I'm aware that present clones don't work totally with the GW firmware.

I think it is too early to say that it won't work completely.
I speculate that the exploit menu will load, and maybe certain features will work (perhaps going back to menu LOL),
but the only way to be sure is to try, right?

In essence, testing it, to know how much they cloned, and how much they Didn't clone.

You lose Gateway mode when you turn off your console. But you can just re-enter the DS profile settings to get that back.

You only have to re-install the exploit when you play a DS game or use a DS flashcard.

Oops.

I always went back to install the exploit when I go through power cycles -.-

/fullretardmode

dezmen

Trophies
XP
Country
Hm, we got new leader?

Also it's kinda weird that all chinese uses same 3ds console (greenish+black) for review :wtf: Is it default 3ds on market?

USB in 3ds card is hardcore, no doubt.

kyogre123

Mexican Pride
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hm, we got new leader?

Also it's kinda weird that all chinese uses same 3ds console (greenish+black) for review :wtf: Is it default 3ds on market?

USB in 3ds card is hardcore, no doubt.

I don't find it weird since those were the first colours available for the 3DS.

And about the USB, I guess it is used for FPGA updates.

redkeyboard

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This gives me hope that the new GW multirom firmware update is coming soon. Plus it's nice to see some diversity in 3DS flash cards. Hope this leads to more and possibly even better flash cards.

tyons

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
guys, ok this cart is wonderful and all, but...

how much do you think it will cost?

heck, it has a button and a mini USB port, lol.
uh, and don't forget the pretty, colored led!

kyogre123

Mexican Pride
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
*sigh* I hope they sell it at around the same price as the clones (45USD) , but it will probably cost around 60USD.

hypertek

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the switch and the usb port look like they where soldered onto the cartridge. What does a naked gateway card look like?

Gateway already has a strong popularity among 3ds cards, why would they create their own competition? got to be another company i would think.

dezmen

Trophies
XP
Country
the switch and the usb port look like they where soldered onto the cartridge. What does a naked gateway card look like?

Gateway already has a strong popularity among 3ds cards, why would they create their own competition? got to be another company i would think.
We still don't know how the pcb looks like. Have to wait someone to get it and make teardown for us.

Technicmaster0

Trophies
Website
www.flashkarten.tk
XP
Country
Gambia, The
We still don't know how the pcb looks like. Have to wait someone to get it and make teardown for us.
Do you mean the Gateway?
DgDOztu.jpg
9y8KawO.jpg

Even 60$ is a deal breaker for this card.
First the team has to prove themselves.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    and the morning cuz school
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Although tomorrow is Labor Day which means I won't go to class which means I'll sleep well.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    is labor day different in venezuela than in america, or did time skip that far?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It must be the 1st already
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    1st of what?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    may?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Oh yeah it's in September
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BakerMan, yea i think its different
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ok, because here it's in september, right before the fuckin school year starts
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    as to you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How do you know if the night will be good when you're asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    because i didn't say i was asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i said i was sleeping...
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    sleeping with uremum
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Even my mum slept on that uremum
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    yall im torn... ive been hacking away at tales of phantasia GBA (the USA version) and have so many documents of reverse engineering i've done
    I just found out that the EU version is better in literally every way, better sound quality, better lighting, and there's even a patch someone made to make the text look nicer
    Do I restart now using what i've learned on the EU version since it's a better overall experience? or do I continue with the US version since that is what ive been using, and if someone decides to play my hack, it would most likely be that version?
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @TwoSpikedHands, I'll preface this with the fact that I know nothing about the game, but, I think it depends on what your goals are. Are you trying to make a definitive version of the game? You may want to refocus your efforts on the EU version then. Or, are you trying to make a better US version? In which case, the only way to make a better US version is to keep on plugging away at that one ;)
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'm not familiar with the technicalities of the differences between the two versions, but I'm wondering if at least some of those differences are things that you could port over to the US version in your patch without having to include copyrighted assets from the EU version
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: I'm not familiar with the technicalities of the differences between the two versions, but I'm...