Hacking MT-card(maybe the first 3ds multi-rom flash card)

Darkseeker109

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
As long as its a quality product price doesnt bother me as I prefer to look at the larger picture. Id be ok with $100 as long as it meant constant updates to bypass the latest firmware and latest rom support and constant bug fixes etc.

D

Deleted User

I have received word from my reseller friend about a rumor (so take it as such) that this card is coming from the r4i/3dslink team and is the "next" version of their card since the 3dslink/r4i 3ds card wont be able to update the FPGA and in turn will not receive updates to support multirom/nand saving

Edit:a new brand (MT card) is used to shake off the bad reputation that will inevitably happen when people realize dead support for r4i/3dslink

kyogre123

Mexican Pride
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I have received word from my reseller friend about a rumor (so take it as such) that this card is coming from the r4i/3dslink team and is the "next" version of their card since the 3dslink/r4i 3ds card wont be able to update the FPGA and in turn will not receive updates to support multirom/nand saving

Edit:a new brand (MT card) is used to shake off the bad reputation that will inevitably happen when when people realize dead support for r4i/3dslink

If that's true, that would be really disappointing to me :/ I hope this is just a false rumour.

badbob001

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I first thought the button was to switch the card between DS and 3DS mode so only one card is needed.

The button to quickly switch games is pretty neat, though it seems crude. I guess there is no current way to run again the launcher/menu unless you re-invoke the profile trick.

JonnyMohawk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

That would piss off so many people but I suppose it would be fitting in a way. Buy a cheap clone, get cheap support.

Still, I hope that isn't the case. I would love to see some true innovation and competition when it comes to 3DS flash cards as it would benefit everyone in the scene.

dagro

Trophies
XP
Country
Great, and guess who just bought a Gateway.
you? but if gateway does support multirom (hopefully soon) they are probably gonna require you to go through gateway menu and relaunch rom which is kinda safer as you can't mistakely close rom but takes longers. also mtcard say their saves are done right on time without requiring suspending software which is another plus (i have never missed a save on gateway so not much help to me anyways)

landmasta

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Antigua and Barbuda
you? but if gateway does support multirom (hopefully soon) they are probably gonna require you to go through gateway menu and relaunch rom which is kinda safer as you can't mistakely close rom but takes longers. also mtcard say their saves are done right on time without requiring suspending software which is another plus (i have never missed a save on gateway so not much help to me anyways)

I haven't had a save issue either. Whats the deal with that?

tyons

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Even if it has multi-rom support, it will basically become obsolete due to rom sizes needing to be 4GB or more. FAT32 was a poor choice to choose in this regard.

wait, and the supported format (or whatever it is, I don't remember) can't be changed with an update? gateway will use fat32 too?

how_do_i_do_that

Blue Wizard is about to die.
Trophies
You have insufficient posts to view user location.
XP
Country
Antarctica
wait, and the supported format (or whatever it is, I don't remember) can't be changed with an update? gateway will use fat32 too?

Currently ALL flashcarts so far still use the microSDHC standard. We would have to see a microSDXC supported flashcart. Otherwise the file size limit of FAT32 becomes more noticeable.

kyogre123

Mexican Pride
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Even if it has multi-rom support, it will basically become obsolete due to rom sizes needing to be 4GB or more. FAT32 was a poor choice to choose in this regard.

Gateway will use FAT32 as well, but they said they are working on exFAT support expected to be released after the final 2.0.
By the way, I'm 99% sure that every trimmed ROM in existence (even those of 4GB) can be stored under FAT32.

I don't know how much games had been released but i guess there more than those 256 supported Roms. Could someone explain this to me?
The 256 roms are those that do not use the 5.X SDK in their build or do not use the NAND save type.

What? No... They meant that 256 is the limit of game backups (roms) that can be read by their cart at once, so you can't store 257 roms even if there's enough space on the MicroSD.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: It's mostly the ones that are just pictures and no instructions at all