Hacking MT-card(maybe the first 3ds multi-rom flash card)

kyogre123

Mexican Pride
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
imo the button is unnecessary. you could overlay a rom menu inside the home menu just like smealum did to overlay some text

I doubt Gateway will implement something like this on their final 2.0, but I hope they think on the possibility. I don't know how "smealum"'s launcher works, but we could get something like the homebrew channel (gateway channel) perhaps?

Lyrra

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"We are not cloning but innovating, time can tell you our ability. We are doing our utmost to add new functions to thank our customers who are always supporting us."

MT-card > Gateway

cateater1

Trophies
XP
Country
a site already? a bit dark horse but ok cant believe this card hasn't been heard of before today even remotely. The menu does look reskinned but if someone has taken it and run with it so to speak fair play. At least they are trying to go one better.

Queno138

Ravens
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
I like the button idea, though I wonder what happens if you "accidentally" touch it during gameplay.

Also I'm curious to see their launcher; so far they did not show anything on their download page.

There is one portion which I'm not sure if I saw it wrongly:
They turned on the 3DS, immediately slot in their white card and went to profile, and their custom menu loaded?

D

Deleted User

just wondering, everybody still seems to be beating the dead horse known as 4.5, surely anyone that wanted a card has gotten either a r4i/3dslink or gateway by now?

these guys are late to the market

Armadillo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
There are still plenty of 4.5 systems out there. We even have a thread here for people looking to find and buy systems with less.

Other than that, well what do you want them to do? The kernel exploit is gone on >4.5 and the profile one is fixed on 7.0. They gotta work with what they got.

Duo8

Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
I like the button idea, though I wonder what happens if you "accidentally" touch it during gameplay.

Also I'm curious to see their launcher; so far they did not show anything on their download page.

There is one portion which I'm not sure if I saw it wrongly:
They turned on the 3DS, immediately slot in their white card and went to profile, and their custom menu loaded?

They might have installed the exploit earlier.

Queno138

Ravens
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
just wondering, everybody still seems to be beating the dead horse known as 4.5, surely anyone that wanted a card has gotten either a r4i/3dslink or gateway by now?

these guys are late to the market

Or maybe it's GW team masquerading as another team, releasing different functionality on different carts so user will purchase both carts :tpi:

They might have installed the exploit earlier.

I thought that after you turned off the unit, the exploit "resets"?
(I'm referring to power on, not waking from sleep)

dagro

Trophies
XP
Country
"We are not cloning but innovating, time can tell you our ability. We are doing our utmost to add new functions to thank our customers who are always supporting us."

MT-card > Gateway
Not saying they are bad or whatever, but WHERE are the customers? They don't have public products no customers supporting. This thread pops up today and you make a new account to quote something which is not true. I hope they do make a proper working card and I would buy it if gateway doesn't update it to working all games (dont care about multirom). But could you please stop this false lies, you seem like the guy who was posting high hopes about 3DSLink over the past few days.

Queno138

Ravens
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Not saying they are bad or whatever, but WHERE are the customers? They don't have public products no customers supporting. This thread pops up today and you make a new account to quote something which is not true. I hope they do make a proper working card and I would buy it if gateway doesn't update it to working all games (dont care about multirom). But could you please stop this false lies, you seem like the guy who was posting high hopes about 3DSLink over the past few days.

Take it easy pal, maybe he meant the team is trying to insinuate MT-card > GW.

That's the exact first thing I thought when I read "We are not cloning" and "time can tell you our ability".

It feels like a response to Gateway's previous posts about Clones, though this cart wasn't even known then.

---

In other news,

I hear "System settings" music even though the screen shows "MT-cart".

this isn't the same with GW right?
This phenomenon wasn't observed with GW right?

logon

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Take it easy pal, maybe he meant the team is trying to insinuate MT-card > GW.

That's the exact first thing I thought when I read "We are not cloning" and "time can tell you our ability".

It feels like a response to Gateway's previous posts about Clones, though this cart wasn't even known then.

---

In other news,

I hear "System settings" music even though the screen shows "MT-cart".

this isn't the same with GW right?
This phenomenon wasn't observed with GW right?
Gateway is the same. The system settings music does play on the gateway menu

dagro

Trophies
XP
Country
I never noticed.. Oh wells.

Hope they update their download's page soon..
isnt it better if they actually release the card first. whats the use of adding firmware update if they have no card on sale atm. (assuming you meant mtcard)

Queno138

Ravens
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
isnt it better if they actually release the card first. whats the use of adding firmware update if they have no card on sale atm. (assuming you meant mtcard)

While that totally makes sense,
It'll be interesting to test their firmware/launcher on GW's cart;
it'll give us some form of platform to test whether is it simply cloning the firmware and draw a conclusion along those lines.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: i said i was sleeping...