Hacking Mighty Channels

Jojse

Trophies
XP
Country
Hello all...

I made a clean NAND dump with Bootmii of the system (4.2E) when my Wii was new a year ago. I wonder if I must update the files in the dump to work with Mighty Channels? or is it better to do a new NAND dump today with all other stuff I have installed on my Wii since it was new?

Etheboss

Official LULWUT supporter
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
mastershoes said:
xFede said:
New Mighty Channels MOD: (See the readme for changes,Source Code Included)
http://www.mediafire.com/?1f8yt034ad7wtx4

Thanks for this, great update. The title cache is great, games take 2 seconds to load instead of 30, very nice! I do wish there was a version with the old GUI though, you happen to have a version laying around with all the updated features besides the new gui? Would super appreciate if you could up a version like that, but either way really appreciate your hard work man, and this works fantastic! Thanks again!

MMM, you don't like the new gui? i think its an improvement...
QUOTE(Jojse @ Sep 6 2011, 10:00 AM)
Hello all...

I made a clean NAND dump with Bootmii of the system (4.2E) when my Wii was new a year ago. I wonder if I must update the files in the dump to work with Mighty Channels? or is it better to do a new NAND dump today with all other stuff I have installed on my Wii since it was new?
Not really, it does not matter for MC.

mastershoes

GameTDB Mod & Retro Cover Artist
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Jojse said:
Hello all...

I would only bother doing a fresh nand dump if you have a lot of saves from your wiiware/vc on your nand that you've made in the last year that you want to be available in MC.

Devante

Crescent fresh at best.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys.

Question, how do you point Mighty Channels to a folder on your USB drive for the nand?
Example: usb:\NAND\

I tried the path=/nand and --path=/nand but I get the "Error: I cannot load title list" error.

tuxer68

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
xFede said:

Thanks for sharing. It works well, but I have to agree with earlier comment that the GUI is a step backwards, at least on my setup here. It looks warped and squished. Would be nice to have an option to use older GUI instead. Just my 2c. Thanks again.

mastershoes

GameTDB Mod & Retro Cover Artist
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Devante said:
Hey guys.

Question, how do you point Mighty Channels to a folder on your USB drive for the nand?

I tried the path=/nand and --path=/nand but I get the "Error: I cannot load title list" error.

What else do you have in your arguments? This is what my setup looks like:

--ios=249
--auto=USB
--partition=0
--path=/nand

Do you have the auto=usb and partition lines set?
You're using d2x on your ios, yes?
Just tryin' to think of anything I can man...

Etheboss

Official LULWUT supporter
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
tuxer68 said:
xFede said:

Thanks for sharing. It works well, but I have to agree with earlier comment that the GUI is a step backwards, at least on my setup here. It looks warped and squished. Would be nice to have an option to use older GUI instead. Just my 2c. Thanks again.
Hello tuxer68, i had the same thing with the new MC, this happens when you still have the settings folder from the old MC, if you do a clean install this should be solved.

Devante

Crescent fresh at best.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mastershoes said:
Devante said:
Hey guys.

What else do you have in your arguments? This is what my setup looks like:

--ios=249
--auto=USB
--partition=0
--path=/nand

Do you have the auto=usb and partition lines set?
You're using d2x on your ios, yes?
Just tryin' to think of anything I can man...

I think the d2x was the problem. I have it installed on 247 and 248 and forgot to change it from 249 in the options. Works now!

marc_max

OP
Trophies
Website
www.marcrobledo.com
XP
Country
Hielkenator said:
marc_max said:
Hielkenator said:
Hydroventure Not working.

Works fine with Postloader 2 and Uneek.
I remember playing some stages perfectly in MC with rev17. Try the apploader option.

No does'nt work . Reboots Wii.
Same with Bonsai Barber
Bonsai Barber also works for me (again with rev17).

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
marc_max said:
Hielkenator said:
marc_max said:
Hielkenator said:
Hydroventure Not working.

Works fine with Postloader 2 and Uneek.
I remember playing some stages perfectly in MC with rev17. Try the apploader option.

No does'nt work . Reboots Wii.
Same with Bonsai Barber
Bonsai Barber also works for me (again with rev17).

You mean cios rev 17?
I am on d2x with base 56.

tuxer68

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Etheboss said:
Hello tuxer68, i had the same thing with the new MC, this happens when you still have the settings folder from the old MC, if you do a clean install this should be solved.

Hey! Thanks for the tip. Ended up reinstalling with different channel images and it does look great. So i owe an apology for my criticism, am now a happy user.

Cheers.

Fox888

Trophies
XP
Country
hmm i cant boot any games if i have my emu nand on a 2nd partition (stacks dumps right after i try to load a game)
unsure.gif

if i got it on the 1st partition everything works good..
smile.gif

Thoughts ??

Jojse

Trophies
XP
Country
Hello all...

I just wonder if there is a limit of how many VC & Wiiware-games Mighty Channels can handle?

Detonator

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Hi all,

I'm using the Mighty Chanels v11.1 I have installed d2x(v6) in the following locations: 248 - base 56 and 247 - base 57

I start Mighty Channels from HBC with IOS 248 (The nand is on usb:/nand (but I also tried on usb:/ root)

I cannot start successfully Pokemon Rumble. I have enabled appLoader manually in the configuration. (other channels do start successfully)

(@marc_max: BTW: Pokemon Rumble game-id is in the form: WPSx while in the menu.c source code it's defined as "WSP" //Pokemon Rumble so it won't be picked up automatically because of the spelling mistake there.)

what happens is that on starting the game the wii reboots back to the system menu.

I have also tried to start Mighty Channels using IOS 247 (so base 57) and then the game starts to a black screen and the WiiMote 2 leds blink and I have to hard reset the Wii)

Am I missing something to run it successfully ? (The nand was extracted from my own bootmii and was based on a 4.2E setup)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: @K3Nv2 's birth: