Hardware Media: Freeloader In Action!

lenselijer

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
or use nero7, good to see the new trauma center working on a pal wii with this freeloader
smile.gif

not much use for my ntsc wii now
frown.gif

awofadeju

Trophies
Website
www.wiipals.net
XP
Country
Here a video i added 2 my page that my friend sent me. It just confirms how the pal version of freeloader doesnt work on jap wii. My friends tried 2 test a unpatches smg usa using the freeloader.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V9TFuI7uL7k

as you can see in the video the funny lines come but the game only gets detetcyed then locks up on loads. I assume it only gets detected not because of the freeloader but because of his region overidde on his wiikey.

I guess we jap and usa owners ae going 2 have 2 wait =/

DarkCamui

Trophies
XP
Country
awofadeju said:
Here a video i added 2 my page that my friend sent me. It just confirms how the pal version of freeloader doesnt work on jap wii. My friends tried 2 test a unpatches smg usa using the freeloader.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V9TFuI7uL7k

as you can see in the video the funny lines come but the game only gets detetcyed then locks up on loads. I assume it only gets detected not because of the freeloader but because of his region overidde on his wiikey.

I guess we jap and usa owners ae going 2 have 2 wait =/

Super Mario Galaxy is another case it looks for system language so I don't think even Freeloader JAP version will help you with that since the JAP Wii doesn't have english system language and there's a guide on how to replace the japanese texts with english texts on the JAP version of Super Mario Galaxy so it works on a JAP Wii.

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
shonosuke said:
it doesnt work on pal wiikey wiis either
first my screen disorts and then the GC logo appears and when i click start I get a black screen

you are not supposed to select the gamecube logo in that channel, eject the freeloader disc and insert the backup you want to play!

jaxxster

The Heretic
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
shonosuke said:
it doesnt work on pal wiikey wiis either
first my screen disorts and then the GC logo appears and when i click start I get a black screen

you dont click on the gamecube logo
tongue.gif
you just insert your disc wait for the lines then swap it with the game you wanna play

Posts merged

QUOTE(Marticuno @ Mar 13 2008, 09:01 PM) The people who got it to work: what modchips did you have?

cyclowiz 3.6b

djsika

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
RFLPWK.bin is a file on the iso that can only be extracted by right clicking the partition and trying to extract it (and gives an error) RFLPWK.bin opens in GenericWiiPatcher whereas the main.dol seems to be a dummy of some sort as its not big at all, just thought i'd add that 2 anybody whos interested, oh well i'm gonna stop messing about and wait for my jap version

awofadeju

Trophies
Website
www.wiipals.net
XP
Country
Can someone who hasnt really updated their wii test the freeloader with a game that requires a system update e.g brawl or fire emblem. I want 2 see how the freeloader handle it and it it will bypass the update.

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
awofadeju said:
Can someone who hasnt really updated their wii test the freeloader with a game that requires a system update e.g brawl or fire emblem. I want 2 see how the freeloader handle it and it it will bypass the update.
Yeah, I would like to know that too
smile.gif

awofadeju

Trophies
Website
www.wiipals.net
XP
Country
djsika said:
RFLPWK.bin is a file on the iso that can only be extracted by right clicking the partition and trying to extract it (and gives an error) RFLPWK.bin opens in GenericWiiPatcher whereas the main.dol seems to be a dummy of some sort as its not big at all, just thought i'd add that 2 anybody whos interested, oh well i'm gonna stop messing about and wait for my jap version

me and my friend also noticed this but we tried removing or replacing ti and we couldnt. Im sure that has some importance.

Marticuno

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Uhm, if I update with my Wii with the trucha signed JAP brawl dvd5 version, and runs NTSC-U Brawl afterwards, would it ask for update, or would it already be installed?

djsika

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
ok now this is very weird, i'm the guy who made the video of the freeloader not working with SMG(usa) on a jap wii (check it a few posts back), now i thought it was due to the freeloader being the pal version, but now i tried Spongebob_Atlantis_Squarepantis_PAL, of which doesnt work on my wii when i try it , but when i use the freeloader , guess wat, IT WORKS, man getting games to work can be complicated lol, so the freeloader doesnt work with multilanguage games? is that the deal? well i can confirm i have got a non working game to work using this freeloader on a JAP wii, hope this is helpfull, we might have to make a thread for each region showing what works with the freeloader, hope this helps some of you

L

lml83

does this work if u have a back up of your game jap and u want to use this burned version of the freeloader or it will only works with original games?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.