newo

OP
Trophies
Website
wiibrew.org
XP
Country
Jamaica
No clue how much wiggle room the dev has to add stuff but it seems that the inventry and mining should be easy, I would be good with gravity, gold, zombies and diamonds in a simple survival mode.

Spazzery

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Estonia
Really cool project, saw a video on Youtube about this. The smooth framerate is really impressive, and even though it is in the beginning stages right now, I hope it will get more updates and not just stay a proof of concept :)

Reactions: newo

danielglzt88

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
If you have access to GitHub you could always post an issue.

I tried to compile it but it gave me an error. I tried to solve it but I can't find the answer, that's why I ask to see if someone compiles it to test it to see how it goes.
linking ... CavEX-master.elf
/opt/devkitpro/devkitPPC/bin/../lib/gcc/powerpc-eabi/13.2.0/../../../../powerpc-eabi/bin/ld: cannot find : No existe el fichero o el directorio
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
make[1]: *** [/opt/devkitpro/devkitPPC//wii_rules:31: /home/daniel-81hl/Downloads/CavEX-master/CavEX-master.elf] Error 1
make: *** [Makefile:112: build] Error 2
Post automatically merged:

In Windows (MSYS), I have the same error
thread.c
C:/Users/gna/Downloads/CavEX-master/source/platform/thread.c: In function 'thread_msleep':
C:/Users/gna/Downloads/CavEX-master/source/platform/thread.c:129:9: warning: implicit declaration of function 'usleep' [-Wimplicit-function-declarat
ion]
129 | usleep(ms * 1000);
| ^~~~~~
time.c
inventory.c
items.c
tool.c
window_container.c
buffer.c
nbt_loading.c
nbt_parsing.c
nbt_treeops.c
nbt_util.c
lodepng.c
parson.c
C:/devkitPro/devkitPPC/bin/../lib/gcc/powerpc-eabi/13.2.0/../../../../powerpc-eabi/bin/ld.exe: cannot find : Invalid argument
collect2.exe: error: ld returned 1 exit status
make[1]: *** [/opt/devkitpro/devkitPPC/wii_rules:31: /home/gna/Downloads/CavEX-master/CavEX-master.elf] Error 1
make: *** [Makefile:112: build] Error 2

Last edited by danielglzt88,

newo

OP
Trophies
Website
wiibrew.org
XP
Country
Jamaica
from the yt video;

" @ByteBitTV 2 months ago (edited)
For anyone asking: yes an update is coming, but it's going to take some more time. I hope to finish it by October to November. I am sorry everyone has to wait this long, but sometimes I just didn't feel like working on it for weeks and progress slowed. Edit: special thanks to Flamix for answering everyone's questions in the comments."

Reactions: danielglzt88

danielglzt88

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
from the yt video;

" @ByteBitTV 2 months ago (edited)
For anyone asking: yes an update is coming, but it's going to take some more time. I hope to finish it by October to November. I am sorry everyone has to wait this long, but sometimes I just didn't feel like working on it for weeks and progress slowed. Edit: special thanks to Flamix for answering everyone's questions in the comments."
OK, I'll wait, I managed to compile it but with two warnings, which I think prevented the controls from working, but if it opened, I couldn't test if the player jumps. Thank you
input.c
In file included from C:/devkitPro/libogc/include/wiiuse/wpad.h:35,
from C:/Users/gna/Downloads/CavEX-master/source/platform/input.c:123:
C:/devkitPro/libogc/include/wiiuse/wiiuse.h:537:10: warning: ISO C99 doesn't support unnamed structs/unions [-Wpedantic]
537 | };
| ^
texture.c
thread.c
C:/Users/gna/Downloads/CavEX-master/source/platform/thread.c: In function 'thread_msleep':
C:/Users/gna/Downloads/CavEX-master/source/platform/thread.c:129:9: warning: implicit declaration of function 'usleep' [-Wimplicit-function-declaration]
129 | usleep(ms * 1000);
| ^~~~~~
time.c
inventory.c
items.c
tool.c
window_container.c
buffer.c
nbt_loading.c
nbt_parsing.c
nbt_treeops.c
nbt_util.c
lodepng.c
parson.c
output ... CavEX-master.dol

TheMiningBoyAlpha

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fair question, what if a PowerPC Mac port of this were to be made?

I would attempt myself, but I cant seem to even compile the Wii version soooo-

danielglzt88

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
OK, I'll wait, I managed to compile it but with two warnings, which I think prevented the controls from working, but if it opened, I couldn't test if the player jumps. Thank you
input.c
In file included from C:/devkitPro/libogc/include/wiiuse/wpad.h:35,
from C:/Users/gna/Downloads/CavEX-master/source/platform/input.c:123:
C:/devkitPro/libogc/include/wiiuse/wiiuse.h:537:10: warning: ISO C99 doesn't support unnamed structs/unions [-Wpedantic]
537 | };
| ^
texture.c
thread.c
C:/Users/gna/Downloads/CavEX-master/source/platform/thread.c:129:9: warning: implicit declaration of function 'usleep' [-Wimplicit-function-declaration]
129 | usleep(ms * 1000);
| ^~~~~~
time.c
inventory.c
items.c
tool.c
window_container.c
buffer.c
nbt_loading.c
nbt_parsing.c
nbt_treeops.c
nbt_util.c
lodepng.c
parson.c
output ... CavEX-master.dol
I managed to compile MSYS in Windows and test the player's physics and the items menu, all of that worked, the Gamecube controller did not work, neither the wireless nor the wired one. There was good progress because the player walks and jumps, he doesn't fly, he feels much better, it's a good job. Some maps I downloaded for version 1.7.2 did not work well for me.

Reactions: SaulFabre

Disorarara

Trophies
XP
Country
Fair question, what if a PowerPC Mac port of this were to be made?

I would attempt myself, but I cant seem to even compile the Wii version soooo-

I believe PowerPC macs can actually run the older java minecraft editions.

I managed to compile MSYS in Windows and test the player's physics and the items menu, all of that worked, the Gamecube controller did not work, neither the wireless nor the wired one. There was good progress because the player walks and jumps, he doesn't fly, he feels much better, it's a good job. Some maps I downloaded for version 1.7.2 did not work well for me.

Very nice! Hopefully the gamecube controller can be fixed and more people contribute to this project.

Dubya

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Any chance of someone being able to create a simple Channel / Forwarder / WAD for CavEX?

I've tried creating my own with no luck

Something with the "Minecraft" logo/name on the main channel and then the "CavEX" logo/name when opened.

Thanks in advance

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Z like Sunday morning