Palworld gets a teaser for a fanmade Pokemon mod, Nintendo takes it down in mere hours

maxresdefault.jpg

With the overwhelmingly positive reception that Palworld has gotten the past few couple of days, the surge of mods for the game was more than expected, and of course, given the obvious comparisons between Palworld and Pokemon floating around, a Pokemon mod for Palworld was only a matter of time.

ToastedShoes teased a brand new Pokemon mod for Palworld on his Twitter account on January 22nd, 2024, with the mod showcasing a player mod that changes the main character to Ash Ketchum of the Pokemon anime series, as well as changing the "Pal" creatures from Palworld into actual Pokemon 3D models. However, it didn't take long for Nintendo to catch up to this.

Just mere hours after the Twitter teaser post was made, Nintendo sent a full DMCA takedown to both the modder's YouTube video, and also to the teaser tweet made by him. Not only that, but it seems that other people that are even sharing images of the mod in any capacity are also getting takedowns from NIntendo on Twitter.

It's not surprising that Nintendo would go this hard after a mod for their now main competitor in a creature-centric franchise, but it's important to note that the mod itself by ToastedShoes wasn't available for free, and given the current action by Nintendo, it's unlikely the mod will ever see the light of day, or at least until someone else decides to do apart from ToastedShoes.

:arrow: Archive.org link for the mod showcase video
:arrow: Archive.org link for the original tweet by ToastedShoes

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
So they planned to sell the mod? ...A Nintendo owned franchise? Were they hoping for Nintendo to slap them in the face with a lawsuit? lol

I'm not sure yet if it he was asking money for it, or if it was locked behind a Patreon paywall.
Either one of the two was an absolute recipee for disaster, he should have just released it right there and then for free, now he can't do a thing with it lol

SkittleDash

Head Nurse
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I'm not sure yet if it he was asking money for it, or if it was locked behind a Patreon paywall.
Either one of the two was an absolute recipee for disaster, he should have just released it right there and then for free, now he can't do a thing with it lol
If he was going to, honestly, that DMCA took not a bullet but a missile for him. lol

Flame

Me > You
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Amen to that.
And better yet, NEVER make it closed source. If you do the mod/hack will be 100% dead by the time they get the DMCA.

Amen to that too.
and better yet then that is by making it so the software rips the assets. so it has no copyrighted stuff in your project.

Chary

Never sleeps
Chief Editor
Trophies
Website
opencritic.com
XP
Country
United States
This was all a false flag situation. Nintendo planted that modder to make Palworld seem like more of a threat to Nintendo's IPs, so the legal case will look better when they sue the developers in a week or two.

That genuinely seems more likely than someone being so stupid as to charge money for a just-announced project that involved using unauthorized use of Nintendo's assets. :mellow:

MHKN

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
lalafell.party
XP
Country
Antarctica
This was all a false flag situation. Nintendo planted that modder to make Palworld seem like more of a threat to Nintendo's IPs, so the legal case will look better when they sue the developers in a week or two.

That genuinely seems more likely than someone being so stupid as to charge money for a just-announced project that involved using unauthorized use of Nintendo's assets. :mellow:
given the intelligence of an average palworld fan i would rather say the latter is more likely LOL

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
damn I want an actually good 3d world hd pokemon game so bad after palworld.
however i'd also settle for something like this

Man I miss that artstyle in Pokemon games.
That was peak art, afterwards it became too generic with the anime art.

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
that proves that nintendos law representatives have their eye on the game and i'm sure they're still evaluating that situation.
because i'M still convinced that at least some of the pals are just butchered pokemon models.

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
With the overwhelmingly positive reception that Palworld has gotten the past few couple of days, the surge of mods for the game was more than expected, and of course, given the obvious comparisons between Palworld and Pokemon floating around, a Pokemon mod for Palworld was only a matter of time.

ToastedShoes teased a brand new Pokemon mod for Palworld on his Twitter account on January 22nd, 2024, with the mod showcasing a player mod that changes the main character to Ash Ketchum of the Pokemon anime series, as well as changing the "Pal" creatures from Palworld into actual Pokemon 3D models. However, it didn't take long for Nintendo to catch up to this.

Just mere hours after the Twitter teaser post was made, Nintendo sent a full DMCA takedown to both the modder's YouTube video, and also to the teaser tweet made by him. Not only that, but it seems that other people that are even sharing images of the mod in any capacity are also getting takedowns from NIntendo on Twitter.

It's not surprising that Nintendo would go this hard after a mod for their now main competitor in a creature-centric franchise, but it's important to note that the mod itself by ToastedShoes wasn't available for free, and given the current action by Nintendo, it's unlikely the mod will ever see the light of day, or at least until someone else decides to do apart from ToastedShoes.

:arrow: Archive.org link for the mod showcase video
:arrow: Archive.org link for the original tweet by ToastedShoes

GBATemp create the news after the project get DMCA´d by big N

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto