ROM Hack [Release/USUM] Pokémon Star - A Fully-featured Pokémon Sun and Moon Sequel Mod

Wolfemon101

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Heya RyuujiTaiga12232 i tried going to your link for the luma patch but no download link to google drive shows up. Its like it disappeared. Was the patch completely successful for you? Like all the Starcharacter models are on 3ds without crash at begining of the game? That'd be phenomenal. If so could you plz redo the link thanks.

Last edited by Wolfemon101,

Wolfemon101

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey all! New here hiya. First gotta thx the creator for this amazing mod love the concept of traveling with an endearing Lusamine and a sassy af lillie xD. Beats boring old hau anyday. The text edits are priceless xD

So ive been playing around with this awesome patch for days now and learned so much about the 3ds in the process and found a hidden love for this stuff so already thankful for that. =)

Been tying my darnest to find a way to play SOME version of this game on console and have a question. Not sure if the creator is aware but when replacing the pokemon star (3) file in the garc 08(3) with an original pokemon ultra moon 3 file the game plays fine but the overworld models like you said is gone. (Thank god the text edits at least are still there so worse case scenario can still appreciate the story on console)

But the amazing thing i noticed that the BATTLE models stay tru to the mod regradless! For example hau will be in the overworld talking to you but as soon as you fight him he will turn into lillie!

Was overjoyed to find this out so now i know lille with at least show up sometimes. Plus during some cutscenes the models are correct too like during the save nebby from the wild poipole scene you see lucamine instead of lilly which is great haha

That really gives me hope that the 3ds CAN handle model changes (since it doesnt freeze when you fight lillie in a battle on 3ds) but maybe a much REDUCED capacity ya know. Another clue 3ds probably could do it: if it couldnt why would it freeze a few seconds after at the begining with the gladion model running passs that cosmog? why not freeze as soon as the model is on screen?

Im really thinking that maybe editing the characters plus the new star pokemon plus the pokemon rides plus the ultrabeast overworld models PLUS the ENVIRONMENT especially make it too taxing for the poor system to handle.

Ive tried loading a game save past the beginning on console and walking around the environment is so surreal on console the ground looks so yellowly and fizzy and pixiely and after a few secs of walking the game freezes. I realize its supposed to look better on citra but yeah it looks like a Herculean task for the 3ds to replicate. Definitely dont think it can handle enviorment changes. Unfortunately i hear the 3ds is not that strong a system so maybe a pokemon star LITE version is needed for console players.

Im wondering if its possible for the creator to upload the mod at a reduced state like one with only the cool character model land text changes intact and all other changes replaced with the original ultra moon garc/bin files.

I know it wouldnt be completely the same but at least it would still be fun and hopefully playable on console along with citra Being able to travel with lille and wickie and guzsma and all the other character edits like they were meant to would be more than awesome enough for me. If it could be at least considered I'd so appreciate it and ill help however i can! Thank you all soo much

Last edited by Wolfemon101,

RadoMiami

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Currently experimenting with turning romfs into a patch... Essentially what RyuujiTaiga did, but I'll make sure to post it this time.

RadoMiami

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
4th and actually final note: I've done did it. Follow the instructions in the Github to get Pokemon Star working on console. Please note that at this time, a083 garc WILL NOT WORK. As part of the guide, you will have to replace a083 garc with a clean one from a copy of Ultra Moon. Please message me if there are any problems with the guide. Adios!

https://github.com/RadoMiami/Pokemon_Star_Console_Edition

Last edited by RadoMiami,
Reactions: PokeNev and Momo333

Megaiwer

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Hello, I have a slight issue with this mod. I know it probably sounds really petty, but shiny Charizard's texture is broken and looks exactly the same as the regular one. Could you please fix this issue?

red031000

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'm working on a fix for a083, everything works, but its a lot of work. I have all of the overworld done, and some of the overworld character swaps. Idk when I can finish the rest of them, but its possible.

any update to this? having a083 working on real hardware would be really useful

red031000

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I don't think it is possible to get the full experience on real hardware due to hardware limitations.
as far as I know it should be possible, the game works fine without the a083 garc present, but when it is loaded it crashes on startup, reading the previous posts it was identified as potentially an issue with compression, and AquaSamurott was working on fixing the a083 garc. Once that's fixed it should be playable on hardware

Mountfuji27

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Its been over 3 months, im really hoping the fix AquaSamurott will be finished soon but thats entirely up to him/her. Without the overworld edits, the game just doesnt feel complete...

AquaSamurott

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry for the lack of updates, I ended up dropping the project after I realized that I would have to manually change and recompress all the garcs for like ~700 (iirc) character models. All of the overworld maps are complete though. I'll try to grind it out this week, but that depends on if I can find all my old files and stuff.

Reactions: Mountfuji27

AquaSamurott

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, I've decided to release a beta version as it is now and will continue to work and update it in the future. It will be an xDelta patch for 083 and I will upload it to github as a fork of RadoMiami's repo until I get in contact with RadoMiami (as of now, I have made a pull request). The fork can be found here: https://github.com/Aqua-0/Pokemon_Star_Console_Edition/tree/v0.1.2.

PS: I have no clue when I can finish fixing all of a083

Last edited by AquaSamurott,
Reactions: Wolfemon101

MegaLatias

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hi,
I have noticed black lines that follow the paths in the game. They appeared suddenly after I caught my second Pokémon on route 1. And they don’t seem to disappear again... Any ideas how to fix it? Thank you!

Attachments

• 932DA32B-AB98-4859-8670-0C90C6D6D70F.jpeg
    932DA32B-AB98-4859-8670-0C90C6D6D70F.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 155

AquaSamurott

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi,
I have noticed black lines that follow the paths in the game. They appeared suddenly after I caught my second Pokémon on route 1. And they don’t seem to disappear again... Any ideas how to fix it? Thank you!
Yeah, those appear throughout the game due to the way Rusyaeffy changed the textures, I assume it is more pronounced because of the actual hardware rendering shaders. I've tried to fix the textures before but it didn't work, I'll take another crack at it though.

MegaLatias

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Thanks for your quick answer.
Yeah I played around with redering settings but nothing changed. I am just wondering why everything was fine at the start of the game and then suddenly after the Catching tutorial these black lines appeared on every path.
Plus on some Lets plays I did not notice these lines.
So there is no way to fix it? But it’s okay, just a bit strange.
Thank you anyway and I really like this game! :)

AquaSamurott

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for your quick answer.
Yeah I played around with redering settings but nothing changed. I am just wondering why everything was fine at the start of the game and then suddenly after the Catching tutorial these black lines appeared on every path.
Plus on some Lets plays I did not notice these lines.
So there is no way to fix it? But it’s okay, just a bit strange.
Thank you anyway and I really like this game! :)
Thank you for pointing the issue out for me, I honestly doubt we can do much to fix the lines and all.

Btw, I'm not sure if Iki town works so that may need to be fixed.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: The only CoD game I played that I truly enjoyed was Black Ops 1, and only the single player...