Hardware Media: Freeloader In Action!

NeoGohan

Trophies
XP
Country
djsika said:
ok now this is very weird, i'm the guy who made the video of the freeloader not working with SMG(usa) on a jap wii (check it a few posts back), now i thought it was due to the freeloader being the pal version, but now i tried Spongebob_Atlantis_Squarepantis_PAL, of which doesnt work on my wii when i try it , but when i use the freeloader , guess wat, IT WORKS, man getting games to work can be complicated lol, so the freeloader doesnt work with multilanguage games? is that the deal? well i can confirm i have got a non working game to work using this freeloader on a JAP wii, hope this is helpfull, we might have to make a thread for each region showing what works with the freeloader, hope this helps some of you
is ur wii ntsc?:|
how u did it to make it work (the freeloader)
ohmy.gif
tell me
biggrin.gif
!!

DarkCamui

Trophies
XP
Country
djsika said:
ok now this is very weird, i'm the guy who made the video of the freeloader not working with SMG(usa) on a jap wii (check it a few posts back), now i thought it was due to the freeloader being the pal version, but now i tried Spongebob_Atlantis_Squarepantis_PAL, of which doesnt work on my wii when i try it , but when i use the freeloader , guess wat, IT WORKS, man getting games to work can be complicated lol, so the freeloader doesnt work with multilanguage games? is that the deal? well i can confirm i have got a non working game to work using this freeloader on a JAP wii, hope this is helpfull, we might have to make a thread for each region showing what works with the freeloader, hope this helps some of you

Super Mario Galaxy is another case it looks for system language so I don't think even Freeloader JAP version will help you with that since the JAP Wii doesn't have english system language and there's a guide on how to replace the japanese texts with english texts on the JAP version of Super Mario Galaxy so it works on a JAP Wii.

buck

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I just downloaded this when I saw it. Burned the 1gb with Imgburn and it burned fine.

Inserted the disc and the required lines etc came up. I guess it's working. Just need to grab one of the previously non working titles now.

I was a bit sceptical if this would work cos don't Datel usually protect their discs somehow?

Can anyone recommend a decent previously non working title please?

Cheers

buck

DarkCamui

Trophies
XP
Country
JunTi said:
Oh man, I tried Sengoku Basara, it works, but just in B/W.
Though i have a RGB Cable, B/W anyway.

Try the cable that came with your wii or component. Since the US and JAP Wii doesn't have RGB signals I think those games doesn't have that either.

Cjuub

Trophies
XP
Country
The games shows up in black and white here as well. Strange considering my TV should support NTSC signals.

djsika

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
NeoGohan said:
djsika said:
is ur wii ntsc?:|
how u did it to make it work (the freeloader)
ohmy.gif
tell me
biggrin.gif
!!

yeah i have a jap wii, i'm not bothered about smg because i converted it to work with language changer, thing is freeloader works, but i really think freeloader has problems with multiregion games, which kinda sucks, but yes the freeloader seems to work on on my jap wii, if anybody has any games taht dont boot on jap wii taht dont have multi language, let me know and i shall test them for you

Slab

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Holy shit - thank you so much for doing this. My legit freeloader won't be here until next week. I am burning now, and will try a legit U.S SSBB on my PAL wiikey. I'll report back with the results.

Slab

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
OK, The freeloader itself works, but it still says 'Unable to read disc' with SSBB. I tried the double boot method to install the update, but nothing. Should region override be set to on or off? My Wii is PAL (Australian) 3.2E firmware.

VOOK

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Slab keep trying I got mine to load No More Heroes after a while. (Brawl MAY be different, will test JP one in a min)

No More Heroes US + AU Wii + Wii Key 1.9g = Works (but took a couple of goes)

Slab

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
VOOK: I've tried many times now, it just won't load. Is your JP copy a legit version? It may be my wii lense, but there's really no way to know because I don't know for sure if it SHOULD work on Wiikey.
I'm so pissed off. SSBB was the main reason I got my wii chipped, and now it may be the very thing stopping me from playing it.

VOOK

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah mines the JP original copy, trying it now and its not booting. Might have to go get the thing disabled.

I've had a dump of Brawl work fine for weeks on it, its just the stupid Wii Key and them not updating it.

Slab

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ah... That's a shame
frown.gif
If anything changes, please let me know. I don't know what I'm going to do now. My only option is to get a dual layered copy of the us version, and that's impossible for me personally. I don't have a dual layered DVD burner and it would take me weeks to download it anyway. I might try this "wii key curruption" thing. I'm so desperate
frown.gif

VOOK

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I got my Wii Key installed with Wires so I might just get them to cut the cables for now and Ill resolder them later.

SkH

Trophies
XP
Country
Algeria
OK I had a few USA Games, I give them a some go, so Here's my test results:

Wii Freeloader CRACKED (not the 1GB one with dummy files) on PAL Wii

Sims 2: Pets USA - it isn't started, gave me black screens after I pushed Start

Swapped the disc, then I pushed the Start and it's... WORKED!! Didn't got balck screen! ... on 480p
Worked perfectly, as it should!!
smile.gif

Mario Party 8 USA - it needs Update, I turned off my Wii when I first noticed it, just trieedd now with the following results:

I inserted in the Menu the Wii Freeloader CRACKED version, and then I Swapped the disc with Mario Party 8 USA wich needs update, and... IT SHOWED the Icon!! I clicked on it, then START, and it started!! Without an update!!! And it ran on 480p, too. When I then reinserted the game, it needed the update. So THAT's Proof!
But after I pushed Home and then I gone to the Wii Menu and the logo was still in there... not needed an update, but when I clicked Start, it just gave me black screens. So it's NEEDS Freeloader again, to run the code that bypass something...

Super Paper Mario USA (the KILLER!!!!) - It needed update, you guys know what am I talking about...

After I swapped the disc, it suddenly gave me a disc read error with black background and wanted me to eject the disc and then turn off my Wii!
blink.gif
After a few more tries, nothing has changed! So THIS must have different code or something? Anyways here's what it said:
PAL Wii said:
An error had occured. Press
the eject button and remove
the disc, then turn the Wii
console off and refer to the
Wii Operations Manual for
help troubleshooting.

That's all the problematic games. Also resident Evil 4 USA haven't had any graphcis issues on 480p.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa I wanted to ask you about your experience with seeing south park. Most of the people a bit younger like my younger brother and cousins that are a few younger than me that saw kids found south park funny because of the curse words, kids at school, that seemed like liking the show on a very basic level.

I could not quite have a in depth discussion of the show.

How was it for you? As an adult. What did you find the most interesting part about it. Did you relate to the parents of the kids and their situations. Was it satires, the commentary on society. The references on celebrities' and pop culture.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I remember seeing the very first episode back in the day, and have watched every episode since. I used to set my VCR to record them even, shows how long ago.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I just like any comedies really, and cartoons have always been a favorite of mine. Family guy, American Dad, Futurama, Cleveland Show, Simpsons - I like them all.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    South Park is great cause they always touch on relavent issues going on today, and make something funny out of it.
    +3
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa were you always up to date on the current events and issues of the time or were there issues that you first found out thru south park
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Most of the time yea I knew, I watch and read the news regularly, but sometimes the Hollywood BS stuff, like concerning actors slip by me. I don't follow most Hollywood BS (example: the Kardasians)
    +2
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa there were relevant issues before south park was made, that's why i think a south park prequel/spinoff would be great. Randy and his friends in their child hood
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea, like them running in high school together, getting into stuff, and how they got hitched and had kids. And how the town of South Park was back then compared to now. That would be cool to see.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    yeah
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @salazarcosplay if they made a prequel, it would still be about current issues, cause it doesn't make sense to make it about stuff that happened 30 years ago that nobody cares about anymore
    it's too late
    the older south park episodes about particular issues usually age poorly since the topic is no longer relevant
    an exception is giant douche vs turd sandwich, that's always relevant :P
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I was gone for like an hour and none of you thought to write or call pos
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    We knew you were going to Sonic to get lunch.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Sonics fast I would've been home in 10 mins
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Meet and greet with AncientBoi then?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That would've gone slow he's old
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sadly the person in question feels too young for his own good
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    We don't question people
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: