Homebrew Mario Maker BAN question

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just do ourselfs a favor, and if you get banned, please don't create a topic, on how you got banned for not following common sense, and going online with an unreleased game.

It might just be me, but i enjoy every little post that i read when people get banned, for not following basic rules.

I can guarantee it isn't just you lol
I gravitate straight towards any post with the word "Ban" in it.

You two are funny. :P

Learn from Pokemon Sun and Moon, going online early is stupid. You do it and get banned, it's your fault for being stupid

Seriously, take this advice and DON'T DO IT. Learn from the past, people share this information to help others, not ruin stuff for people. Just use logic and don't do it. You think is okay, well then go ahead, and do not complain when and if something happens cause the whole website told you it would be a bad idea. (I might as well be exaggerating but is always on front page about someone getting banned) :teach:

Of course perhaps maybe people assume the reason for ban is cause of the very reason that make sense but still we don't know the truth behind it. Is just speculation but it doesn't mean is alright to just do what you want, cause it can effect others as well in the future. Wait for the game release date, then play it. It isn't hard, no one knew that this would come out until is announced and we have no choice but to wait. Waiting any longer won't kill anyone.:teach:

Last edited by Sonic Angel Knight,

Tentacles

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I never once saw a CONFIRMED report that playing Sun/Moon before the release while staying offline has caused a ban. Every single person I've seen complaining about it was stupid and tried to use online features before the game is released. I'm still using a "version 0" .cia that everyone was so terrified of causing bans. Had the game installed several days before release. But I was smart enough to never try using any online functions in the game.

In all reality you're safe to install the game, and even play it. Hell, you can even have your WiFi enabled while playing it (I did for Pokemon Moon and I still haven't been banned...), just make sure you don't use any of the online functions inside of the game until after it's been released!

A lot of people around these parts are just being paranoid.
MM connects to the internet automatically (so I've heard), so I'd turn off wifi while playing.

BlueFox gui

SOMEONE
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Just do ourselfs a favor, and if you get banned, please don't create a topic, on how you got banned for not following common sense, and going online with an unreleased game.

It might just be me, but i enjoy every little post that i read when people get banned, for not following basic rules.
I WILL CREATE A TOPIC NOW ABOUT
"I GOT BAN PLAYING SUPRA PAYRO MAEKR ONLYNEE"

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You want to play the community levels? meh, there is no search function, no online sharing and streetpass is dying. Trust me, you are not missing that much.

But if you still wanna go online, just wait for december the 2nd.

Streetpass is still great for big events. If you ever go to a opening night of a movie, a concert, a sporting event, or a multiple day music festival (that is where I've by far had the best luck) you can still get tons of street passes. But it really depends on the life you live, if you're not going to events too much, you're not gonna get much out of street pass these days.

MochaMilk

That one weird Furry Artist
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As tempted as I am to get the game as well... I don't think playing a half-functional game with the risk of a ban, is worth all of the fright and trouble of having to either wait 2 weeks for the ban to lift, or having to manually unban yourself.
It's coming out in just 2 days. Maybe until then, just download the game, and transfer it to FBI or such, until the release date.
You can't get on board the hype train if you destroy your ticket.

BlueFox gui

SOMEONE
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Streetpass is still great for big events. If you ever go to a opening night of a movie, a concert, a sporting event, or a multiple day music festival (that is where I've by far had the best luck) you can still get tons of street passes. But it really depends on the life you live, if you're not going to events too much, you're not gonna get much out of street pass these days.
YEAH IF YOU LIVE IN USA OR JAPAN BUT HERE IN BRAZIL THE LAND OF BR HUE, 2 OF OVER 9000 PEOPLE DON'T HAVE 3DS AND IF SOMEONE HAVE, HE HAVE ONE SINGLE CONSOLE AND NOT SIX OR SEVEN CONSOLES

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
YEAH IF YOU LIVE IN USA OR JAPAN BUT HERE IN BRAZIL THE LAND OF BR HUE, 2 OF OVER 9000 PEOPLE DON'T HAVE 3DS AND IF SOMEONE HAVE, HE HAVE ONE SINGLE CONSOLE AND NOT SIX OR SEVEN CONSOLES

Sorry I didn't realize where you were from, nor how few people actually have the device there.

ScarletDreamz

[Debug Mode]
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Then consider yourself fortunate, and stop acting like a desperate kid, and wait for the game to be released, or you will most likely get a ban, and then it would be 1 out of 9k people with a 3ds in Brazil ;D

Chris_Highwind

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Honestly, I've done a few 100 Mario Challenge runs, and downloaded a few courses, and I haven't been banned yet. I'm not saying you won't, but it doesn't seem as likely as Pokemon. I was even able to go on the eShop today and download another new update.

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Honestly, I've done a few 100 Mario Challenge runs, and downloaded a few courses, and I haven't been banned yet. I'm not saying you won't, but it doesn't seem as likely as Pokemon. I was even able to go on the eShop today and download another new update.
People didn't get banned from pokemon until like 8 days AFTER they were playing online. Give it a while.

Flying Scotsman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i found on that iso site a working cia of super mario maker, they told me to not connect on internet until the game release but, i see people saying they got banned with pokémon moon WITHOUT connect on internet so only turning wi fi off will really be enough?

I left my internet ON while playing the leaked copy of Moon but I never explicitly connected to it (via in-game options). Pokemon defaults to local for everything [therefore] no ban if you never went online (regardless of the state of your connection being on or off).

It's early days for Mario Maker, so I recommend turning your wifi off before playing it. Unlike Sun/Moon - there's no guarantee there's a local option on by default.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/rMHTo4sAYKA?si=UTMogWR09JOPIPF_