Question about a potential disgaea 5 mod

ForMyCats

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, I’m new here and I just have a very broad question about what a mod could potentially “access” in the Switch version of Disgaea 5.

So whenever you launch Disgaea 5, during the initial loading screen before the title screen, you ALWAYS get some sort of internet-related pop-up from within the switch’s interface itself. If you have airplane mode on, it’s to turn off airplane mode. If you are not connected to any Wi-Fi, it’s to connect to a Wi-Fi network. If no Nintendo account is linked, it’s to link a Nintendo account. If a Nintendo account IS linked, it’s can’t connect to server. I know it sounds small, but it happens every single time you open the game up, and it drives my obsessive compulsive disorder INSANE and it’s gotten to the point where I can’t play the game anymore all because of that stupid pop-up (which I know is my fault for not being able to ignore it but I’m just not able to do that :( )

Anyway, I was wondering if creating some sort of mod to stop that pop-up from happening in the first place would be possible in the first place with the Switch’s limited modding capabilities. In other words, could I or someone else find the place in the game’s romfs or exefs where the game is programmed to make that check and edit it to prevent that check (and thus the pop-up) from happening?

At this point, I’d be open to paying a real-money commission for someone to do that but I want to know if someone with knowledge of what it takes to create game mods for the switch thinks if that kind of edit is even possible in the first place or if I’m wasting my time? Thanks for reading and for any potential replies. : )

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Mondooooo @ Mondooooo: im fucking motivated