Hacking Can't open Luma3ds configuration menu and GodMode9

YamStewPeed

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
I am a noob when it comes to homebrewing so please bear with me. I recently installed CFW on my Old 3ds and was successful but a problem occurred when I installed a Mario Kart 7 cia file via GodMode9. The install was successful but when I tried to open it, a prompt told me that I had to update the Mario Kart 7 so I didn't pay any attention and updated. After the update, all of my homebrew apps disappeared but it was still shown in the data management. After a little research, I found out that the Mario Kart 7 update was a fix to a certain exploit but although I didn't use that exploit for installing CFW, my console still got hit(?) by the fix. I've already formatted my 3ds as well as the sd card but now when I try to launch Luma3ds configuration menu and GodMode9, the screen stays black as long as I'm holding select/start. Further detail is that when I hold select while turning on the 3ds, the LED indicator on the right hinge of the screen(the LED that lights up green when there's a streetpass notification) turns orange. It turns off if I release select tho and I can still open the Rosalina menu from the home screen.

My question really is how do I fix this(if there is a fix)? Is it safe to reinstall my homebrew apps? Also my 64gb sd card got severely corrupted and its file system displays RAW and trust me, I tried every possible way to format it back to Fat32 but it won't work. Is there any other way to format my SD card back to Fat32?

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Mario Kart update has no impact on CFW.

Remove the SD and try holding (Select) on power on to bring up Luma3DS settings from the CTRNAND copy.

Also my 64gb sd card got severely corrupted and its file system displays RAW and trust me, I tried every possible way to format it back to Fat32 but it won't work. Is there any other way to format my SD card back to Fat32?
The SD can't be formatted anymore? Then it is probably broken (read only mode).
Try another one and check it with h2testw or F3 before trusting it.

I've already formatted my 3ds
And why? What (and how) should sacrificing the user profile repair anything? Deleting everything usually does not fix things.

Good luck!

Reactions: YamStewPeed

YamStewPeed

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines

Remove the SD and try holding (Select) on power on to bring up Luma3DS settings from the CTRNAND copy.
This helped but now I don't know what to do next.
Yep probably better to dispose my 64gb sd card. I have a new one rn tho but it's only 16gb.
And why? What (and how) should sacrificing the user profile repair anything? Deleting everything usually does not fix things.
Used it as an opportunity to reset the 3ds. I bought it from another person and I honestly wanted a clean slate.
Good luck!
Thank you so much for helping.
Post automatically merged:

Good luck!
Omg thank you so much it's fixed now lmao

Last edited by YamStewPeed,
Reactions: KleinesSinchen

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: He's old they're already roasted +1