Can't play any Switch game online except Super Mario Bros. Wonder (need help)

Deleted member 466238

OP
Trophies
XP
As the title says, I can't play any Switch game online as they give me the exact same error code: 2618-0513 "Unable to connect to the other console(s). NAT traversal process has failed". The only game that works without any issues is Super Mario Bros. Wonder, oddly enough.

I already tried changing and opening ports, changing DNS, and checked what my NAT type is (it's B, so it should work from what I was told)

I am posting this here since none of the tutorials I have read have helped me so far and I am really desperate at this point. I was told that the Peer to Peer connections aren't working with my internet, but I can play Mario Kart Wii via Wiimmfi on a modded Wii perfectly fine, which also uses P2P.. I also can play games online on my PC and PS5, too.. So i'm puzzled And ai could really use your help.

Also, I already enabled DMZ to my switch, but that didn't solve my issue.

--Games that are working 100%--

Super Mario Bros. Wonder

Sky: Children of the Light (not a Nintendo game but I will mention it too)

--Games that don't work (that I tested)--"

Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury (others can't join my room)

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Can't find players)

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Can't find players)

Super Mario Maker 2 (Can't find players to play coop. I can view, play and download levels just fine though)

Animal Crossing: New Horizons (can't travel to other people islands and they can't visit mine)

Splatoon 2 (can't find players)

If anyone had this same issue and solved it, please help! It would be much appreciated.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I played online with slower speeds a year or two ago. It wouldn't explain it just not working at all.

Keep in mind that speed test result is what ever device he speed test with, not what the switch is actually, I bet is worse than this speed test result. With this many games he is not able to play online obviously the problem is his network.

Ryab

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Have you tried a wired connection? Is UPnP enabled on your router? Assigning a static IP to the switch might also help, but CGNAT is probably the culprit
The confusing part to me is that specifically P2P stuff works. Either way they still have to communicate with Nintendo's servers initially.

Deleted member 466238

OP
Trophies
XP
Keep in mind that speed test result is what ever device he speed test with, not what the switch is actually, I bet is worse than this speed test result. With this many games he is not able to play online obviously the problem is his network.
Actually, I tried a different network that is even slower and way more unstable than mine, and those games actually worked, so this is not the problem (also my switch is now reporting 15 mb/s of download speed). The problem is my network, yes, but it's probably because it is using CGNAT as others have said (though not entirely sure about this yet, but even then, that doesn't explain why I am able to connect to Mario Kart Wii, unless the Wiimmfi devs did something on their side to make their servers work with these kind of networks?).

Last edited by Deleted member 466238,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto