Baallrog

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Then you put the files on a new SD card

Gesendet von meinem Elephone P6000 mit Tapatalk
Imagine that I only backup the 3ds folder and nothing else ...
I need some specific file for my N3DS or I'll be fine ?
Actually I did not already hack my N3DS.

GerbilSoft

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The only file that's specific to your 3DS is otp.bin, which you should have backed up in multiple places.

For actual A9LH usage, you just need arm9loaderhax.bin, which is usually e.g. Luma3DS or a boot manager. This isn't system-specific.

prototech

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Imagine that I only backup the 3ds folder and nothing else ...
I need some specific file for my N3DS or I'll be fine ?
Actually I did not already hack my N3DS.
Others said it, but just for clarity, the only console specific file you ever need is otp.bin. This, however, is only used when initially installing A9LH. Therefor, if you loose your SD card and buy another, since A9LH is still installed on your 3DS, you can just copy over the Luma3DS files and be good.

shadoom

Trophies
XP
Country
Taiwan
is there any known bug with gba vc injected games?
i injected chou makaimura r (JP) following the tutorial on that iso site

but sometimes it cuts off the top 10 pixels of the screen and moves them to the bottom of the screen.
When pushing the home button it also sometimes moves +10 more pixels to the bottom.
All of this is really random though, sometimes it just works fine and sometimes it doesnt.

astronautlevel

Trophies
Website
ataber.pw
XP
Country
United States
is there any known bug with gba vc injected games?
i injected chou makaimura r (JP) following the tutorial on that iso site

but sometimes it cuts off the top 10 pixels of the screen and moves them to the bottom of the screen.
When pushing the home button it also sometimes moves +10 more pixels to the bottom.
All of this is really random though, sometimes it just works fine and sometimes it doesnt.
Try disabling the GBA boot animation then.

coinblock

Trophies
XP
Country
I can't seem to boot into the configuration menu after updating to 5.5 with Star Updater. Seems to either ignore the button press and boot into emunand or hang at a black screen when I hold select. Currently I'm using Menuhax to run Luma on my N3DS.

Last edited by coinblock,

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't seem to boot into the configuration menu after updating to 5.5 with Star Updater. Seems to either ignore the button press and boot into emunand or hang at a black screen when I hold select. Currently I'm using Menuhax to run Luma on my N3DS.
With menuhax, boot rate isn't perfect, so it'll happen sometimes.

Localhorst86

Robert'); DROP TABLE members;--
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hm... when chain loading another payload from Luma3DS, does firm0/1 protection still get applied? I am asking this particularly in regards to Gateways new arm9loaderhax.bin, if I were to chain load their payload, would my firm partitions still be protected?

avocado

Trophies
XP
Country
so guys i made a new sd card and redhand because i was getting the nfirm error while trying to downgrade... i guess because while i was doing the Plailect last night i updated to 10.7 than to be safe i updated again and when i was doing that Nintendo mustve did the 11 update at the same time... so today i found out i had 11 on the redhand which was causing the nfirm error i was getting.

So im on part 4 If your RedNAND / EmuNAND has been updated to version 11.0.0 or higher, you must either put the NTR firmware.bin from part 5 into the /luma/ folder or restore your EmuNAND from a backup of an older version to be able to downgrade. This is because 11.0.0's FIRM broke downgrading. im little confuse on this.. Right now my redhand has 9.2 i notice they removed the step in the description for updating to the latest version. So do i still update to 11 than put the firmware.bin in luma than do the downgrade to 2.1?

Hi,

I am having the same problem like you did.
I tried to copy updates folder to downgrade to 9.2. But same error.
What did you do to solve to the problem?

FYI:
-I follow from the beginning of tutorial.
-Old3DS regular machine.
- EMU v.11.xx
- SYS v9.2

Redferne

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hm... when chain loading another payload from Luma3DS, does firm0/1 protection still get applied? I am asking this particularly in regards to Gateways new arm9loaderhax.bin, if I were to chain load their payload, would my firm partitions still be protected?

Well that depends on if what you load has FIRM protection or not. When you chainload you're not loading Luma3DS CFW, you're just using its A9LH to load something else.
So if Gateway has no protection then you don't have protection.

Kohmei

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Added support for recovery mode (L+R+Up+A) on A9LH (you can safely update SysNAND from it without losing A9LH)
This has probably been asked a few times, but what does this mean? I thought SysNAND was inherently safe to update with A9LH staying intact?

nl255

Trophies
XP
Country
This has probably been asked a few times, but what does this mean? I thought SysNAND was inherently safe to update with A9LH staying intact?

It is only safe if the CFW blocks firm0/firm1 writes which it does but until recently it only did that in the main firmware (i.e. via system update or leaving it in sleep mode). The recovery firmware is separate from the normal system firmware and thus needed it's own patches to be safe to use.

GorrillaRIBS

Gigyas became tame
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

Say you brick, but you don't have a NAND backup - you could probably still access recovery mode and 'update' to the latest FW (even if you're on the latest FW, it can still fix frankenfirmware and such things).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Xdqwerty, The Winklevoss twins...