Hacking TubeHax DNS down? Are we getting updated?

naddel81

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hi @ all,

just noticed that 107.211.140.65 is down and therefore I had to go with 8.8.8.8 to make my 3DS and the other WiFi devices work again.

Are we getting updates now when I close the lid of my 3DS and accidentally leave WiFi on?

What is going on with 107.211.140.65?

Best wishes!

naddel81

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It goes down randomly now and again. I wouldn't bug smea and yellows (or whoever's running the tubehax dns thing) about it yet.

well, it is my primary DNS for not letting the Wii U or 3DS get updates. So if it fails, all my other devices fail to get internet.

naddel81

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So i notice it's down right now. I was trying to install Menuhax 2.2. I Alredy have 2.0

How can i install menuhax if website it's down? Any other solution or offline?

there is a new version of menuhax?!?!? what does it offer? better boot rate? ;)

Redirr

X11 Extreme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
there is a new version of menuhax?!?!? what does it offer? better boot rate? ;)
Well, the boot seems to be better. It's has more new features. The one i liked it's create automatically the "dbs" foulder. So no need more to
recreate database. There is more features but dont know how to use it. I alredy have installed with 3ds friend. I just wanna update to another friend.

naddel81

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, the boot seems to be better. It's has more new features. The one i liked it's create automatically the "dbs" foulder. So no need more to
recreate database. There is more features but dont know how to use it. I alredy have installed with 3ds friend. I just wanna update to another friend.
where to get?

edit: nothing to get excited about. no better boot rate at all.

"This just adds builds for system-version v10.4(which are the same for v10.5) + some menuhax_manager UI adjustments."

Last edited by naddel81,

Boogieboo6

@realDonaldTrump
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Even when the tubehax dns is down, it still prevents updates. I don't know exactly how it works, but I read a thread a while back and it said that the tubehax dns still blocked updates even when it was down. People marveled at it.

Redirr

X11 Extreme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
where to get?
https://github.com/yellows8/3ds_homemenuhax/releases

• Added shufflehax, hence 10.2.0-X and 10.3.0-X are now supported(the latter is the latest system-version at the time of this release).
  • Various build-system changes, including a modules system for handling multiple exploits(this was implemented prior to implementing shufflehax). Updated for latest ctrulib.
  • Updated the theme-cache deletion/writing code.
  • Extdata files are now automatically created when writing if needed. This also means that you don't need to manually enter the Home Menu theme-settings menu prior to installing any custom-themes with menuhax setup anymore.
  • The additional theme-data used when menuhax is installed(themehax/shufflehax), is now initialized with a blank theme .lz, instead of leaving it at all-zeros. This was implemented because this isrequired with shufflehax.
  • The default print-console screen for menuhax_manager is now the top-screen. This can be toggled at any time with menus which display "->" by pressing the Y button.

Reactions: naddel81

Slartibartfast42

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hi @ all,

just noticed that 107.211.140.65 is down and therefore I had to go with 8.8.8.8 to make my 3DS and the other WiFi devices work again.

Are we getting updates now when I close the lid of my 3DS and accidentally leave WiFi on?

What is going on with 107.211.140.65?

Best wishes!
Who cares i it does update? With A9HL, updates are safe.

Tomy Sakazaki

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
Even when the tubehax dns is down, it still prevents updates. I don't know exactly how it works, but I read a thread a while back and it said that the tubehax dns still blocked updates even when it was down. People marveled at it.
If you put tubehax DNS as both DNS on your systems when it's down your console won't connect to any site at all. Problem is that you're relying the safety to a 3rd party that may restore access to Nintendo's severs.

Boogieboo6

@realDonaldTrump
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you put tubehax DNS as both DNS on your systems when it's down your console won't connect to any site at all. Problem is that you're relying the safety to a 3rd party that may restore access to Nintendo's severs.
What reason would they have to do that though? Restoring connection to Nintendo's servers without the person who set up the DNS's premission would make people not trust them and avoid their services.

Tomy Sakazaki

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
What reason would they have to do that though? Restoring connection to Nintendo's servers without the person who set up the DNS's premission would make people not trust them and avoid their services.
No good reason at all, but the possibility exists (never heard of hackers being invaded?). That's why people recommend trying to set up your own DNS solution instead of relying on tubehax DNS. Also, as I said before, if tubehax DNS is down you can't connect to any site at all, that means no Nintendo Network, no online play, no games updates, no eShop, until the DNS is running again.
Edit : except in the cases that you try to connect directly to a IP address, in this case you won't be relying on a DNS.

Last edited by Tomy Sakazaki,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6ckbBpSKhw