Is there a way to run simple Windows .exe program on a Chromebook?

WalterSlovotsky

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I literally just want to play Build-A-Lot without having to lug out my gaming laptop, since I use my IdeaPad Flex 5 for work, and don't feel like swapping devices all the time.

Does anyone know if there is a way to be able to simply play a couple of low-end games made for Windows on this device?

Thanks for any help!

Latiodile

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
it'd be more effort than just lugging around two laptops, especially if it's an ARM based chromebook, idk if yours is but you'd probably have to dual boot windows on it, which defeats the purpose of being a chromebook

Reactions: WalterSlovotsky

WalterSlovotsky

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it'd be more effort than just lugging around two laptops, especially if it's an ARM based chromebook, idk if yours is but you'd probably have to dual boot windows on it, which defeats the purpose of being a chromebook
She's a decent rig, for a Chromebook.

Google Chrome: Version 117.0.5938.157 (Official Build) (64-bit)
Platform: 15572.63.0 (Official Build) stable-channel volteer
Channel: stable-channel
Firmware Version: Google_Lindar.13672.291.0
ARC Enabled: true
ARC: 10876632
Enterprise Enrolled: false
Developer Mode: true

I am experienced enough to get Android running on my Switch, and I am not afraid of screwing up, if my machine can handle it.

Tams80

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If you want to run Windows on a Chromebook (even decently powerful ones like yours), I don't think anyone has found a way to do it well.

You could try installing WINE via a Linux container and running it through that. I'm not sure the specifics of getting it to work on Chrome OS, but I have heard of it working. Or you could install Linux.

The Flex 5 is x86, no? That will make it much easier.

I've only ever used the cheap Chromebooks though.

Last edited by Tams80,

yogirlalyssa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
just so you know, i don't think you can open .exe files on chromebook..... :teach:
.exe files are made for windows. chromebook just can't open them (only if there's windows or linux on the chromebook......) 😱
but chromebook has google play on it, just like your modern phone or tablet would. (and yes, chromebook does support .apk files.:rofl2:)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://stockanalysis.com/stocks/ntdoy/market-cap/ I think they'll be alright