Memories of Windows 7 (basically a look back since I can't find any ISO files to rereview that thing)

CupheadtheCritic

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Honduras
Windows 7, the OS I used most throughout my childhood until I switched to Windows 10 in 2019(Which was apparently a good call on my part, since Windows 8.1 was laggy as dog shit).
Now, was Windows 7 as great as I remember, well... It's too late to look back since I can't find any ISO links to load up on Virtualbox and the last link being a 404 error, but the least I can do is remember. I first used Windows 7 when I was three years old (2009). Nothing special, just some PBS Kids and Bob the Builder Flash games. From what I remember, nothing I launched ever lagged on Windows 7. No Flash websites, no applications, not even the site I used for school at the time (Fuck you, Roger Billings, for making Acellus. I hope you rot in hell for that.), mostly because my schools at the time used Windows 7 for the sake of Efficiency. The last time using Windows 7 was in fifth grade, when I was STILL in that shitshow called "Dadeville Elementary School." From the most that I remember, the very last time I used Windows 7 was at the end of the school year, since Chromebooks sucked (and I wish ChromeOS flopped hard and Google lost money from it). Now, the very last thing I used it for was a Flash game. (Yeah, it was the end of the school year, what do you expect?) And so, after leaving Dadeville, I used Windows 10 from late 2019 onward, and no, I didn't play Flash games on there since Flash died and I had gotten into Scratch. That's my entire history with Windows 7, and based on what I remember from it's efficiency, design, and user interface, yeah. Windows 7 was great. If only it I was able to use it for more than just ACELLUS AND FUCKING FLASH GAMES.

g00s3y

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've still got a win 7 ultimate iso if you're interested. Can throw it up on gdrive if you want. I don't have any activation keys though

MattchuLeroy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Windows 7, the OS I used most throughout my childhood until I switched to Windows 10 in 2019(Which was apparently a good call on my part, since Windows 8.1 was laggy as dog shit).
Now, was Windows 7 as great as I remember, well... It's too late to look back since I can't find any ISO links to load up on Virtualbox and the last link being a 404 error, but the least I can do is remember. I first used Windows 7 when I was three years old (2009). Nothing special, just some PBS Kids and Bob the Builder Flash games. From what I remember, nothing I launched ever lagged on Windows 7. No Flash websites, no applications, not even the site I used for school at the time (Fuck you, Roger Billings, for making Acellus. I hope you rot in hell for that.), mostly because my schools at the time used Windows 7 for the sake of Efficiency. The last time using Windows 7 was in fifth grade, when I was STILL in that shitshow called "Dadeville Elementary School." From the most that I remember, the very last time I used Windows 7 was at the end of the school year, since Chromebooks sucked (and I wish ChromeOS flopped hard and Google lost money from it). Now, the very last thing I used it for was a Flash game. (Yeah, it was the end of the school year, what do you expect?) And so, after leaving Dadeville, I used Windows 10 from late 2019 onward, and no, I didn't play Flash games on there since Flash died and I had gotten into Scratch. That's my entire history with Windows 7, and based on what I remember from it's efficiency, design, and user interface, yeah. Windows 7 was great. If only it I was able to use it for more than just ACELLUS AND FUCKING FLASH GAMES.
I can get you Windows 7 for daaaaays

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I've still got a win 7 ultimate iso if you're interested. Can throw it up on gdrive if you want.
I'm not interested in Googling for it at the moment, but I expect the full ISO is still readily available from Microsoft directly.

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
??????? in my experience it was the polar opposite, sometimes running even better than windows 7, it even has faster boot times on significantly lower end PCs i have than my main pc running windows 10 on an NVME drive
I never understood the people who claimed 8 or 8.1 were slower than 7… It was always faster and more streamlined. The UI sucked, but that was really about the only negative I could find at the time…

Latiodile

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I never understood the people who claimed 8 or 8.1 were slower than 7… It was always faster and more streamlined. The UI sucked, but that was really about the only negative I could find at the time…
because "windows 8 bad mmkay", 8(.1) was and still is severely misunderstood imo

apparently RT later got a prototype version of the windows 10 start menu in an update later on
but RT is another story entirely and is actually bad

Reactions: Kioku

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Windows 7 ISOs are available quite easily, though it's not recommended to use since Microsoft discontinued it (and thus, no security updates nor support for it). 7 was an absolutely fantastic OS and at the time I had a notebook with Windows 8 and I tried installing 7, but drivers were incompatible so I upgraded to 10 instead than stay on the garbage 8.

For about 3-4 years now I've been using Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC and I'm very happy with it. I have no intentions of downgrading to Windows 11. Maybe I'll give 12 a try if Microsoft doesn't screw it up.

CupheadtheCritic

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Honduras
Windows 7 ISOs are available quite easily, though it's not recommended to use since Microsoft discontinued it (and thus, no security updates nor support for it). 7 was an absolutely fantastic OS and at the time I had a notebook with Windows 8 and I tried installing 7, but drivers were incompatible so I upgraded to 10 instead than stay on the garbage 8.

For about 3-4 years now I've been using Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC and I'm very happy with it. I have no intentions of downgrading to Windows 11. Maybe I'll give 12 a try if Microsoft doesn't screw it up.
It's not. When I tried to pull it up I got 404'd

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You could start by indicating exactly which links you're trying to follow.

The second thing to do is to try Googling the file names. It looks like someone's put them on archive.org.
There's a program that downloads Windows OSes, but Archive is a very good option, too.

https://m.majorgeeks.com/files/details/microsoft_windows_iso_download_tool.html

Windows XP/2000 are OSes I'm very nostalgic about and am too about 7, however, with 7 I'd rather just use 10 at this point because Microsoft killed the OS.

God forbid users use an OS (or edition) that isn't infested with bloatware, a stupid built-in app store, and other trash we didn't ask for. 😑

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: it looks like a little kids' game, and bunny (welcome btw) is looking for an uncensor patch