ROM Hack I'm making a FFIV translation patch...

sa1amandra

Gazzaro Launching!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
There's something wrong with the patcher. I patch the game, i get Original.nds and Patch.nds I try to play patched, but when I start it, it turns white, and then i tried the Original.nds, and the same thing happend.

I did this in the following order

1.Downloaded the patch under download in the given links
2.Extract all files to a folder
3.Obtained FFIV rom
4.Extracted it to the same folder as the patcher and other programs(no other roms were in the folder)
5.I ran xdelta (MS-DOS Batch file)
6.Out came the messed up Original.nds and Patched.nds

Please see to my problem soon

BelmontSlayer

Pokémon Master
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
sa1amandra said:
There's something wrong with the patcher. I patch the game, i get Original.nds and Patch.nds I try to play patched, but when I start it, it turns white, and then i tried the Original.nds, and the same thing happend.

There's nothing wrong with the patcher or the patch. It's either your rom or the flashcart you're using. If you're using an R4/M3 then make sure you update the firmware.

sa1amandra

Gazzaro Launching!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
BelmontSlayer said:
sa1amandra said:

There's nothing wrong with the patcher or the patch. It's either your rom or the flashcart you're using. If you're using an R4/M3 then make sure you update the firmware.

Not working
i Updated to 1.16

Szyslak

Nudibranch Lover
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
sa1amandra said:

I did this in the following order

1.Downloaded the patch under download in the given links
2.Extract all files to a folder
3.Obtained FFIV rom
4.Extracted it to the same folder as the patcher and other programs(no other roms were in the folder)
5.I ran xdelta (MS-DOS Batch file)
6.Out came the messed up Original.nds and Patched.nds

Please see to my problem soon
Try this:
- delete original.nds and patched.nds
- make sure you have a clean, unpatched, untrimmed rom. Download it again if necessary to make sure
- take the clean, unzipped rom and put it in the folder
- rename the clean rom to "original.nds"
- then run the xdelta batch

you should get a file called "patched.nds"

your orignal.nds should be unchanged.

put the patched.nds file on your microSD card, and re-name it to whatever you want (FFIV.nds for example)

it should play just fine.

If you're still getting white screens after that, post back

sa1amandra

Gazzaro Launching!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Problem fixed

This is how:
1.Get 1.16 firmware from r4ds homepage
2.remove all programs (moonshell etc) exlcuding roms out
3. Move new firmware in

and now it works XD

sry for all the trouble!

Raganook

Raganook
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
BelmontSlayer said:
Holy ****! You ARE alive! Jisteatin keeps asking about your whereabouts. Get on AIM sometime, you bum!

you *know* I'm an xfire whore
tongue.gif

valna

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Drognar said:
I've tried the patch its great. Do you know how to get rid of layered text effect that happens on No$GBA(menu text doesn't diisappear until a battle)? Its really annoying and really gets in the way of my game experience, and FF IV being one of my favorites games this really sucks.
That sucks too! of all the good games, they had to bug this game.
hate2.gif

Cronorei

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't think I ever noticed that .99 patch before

Though trying it now, I see Edge's book is still untranslated. Is it's name stored elsewhere or just an oversight?

BelmontSlayer

Pokémon Master
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
Wow, this thread dropped pretty fast...BUMP!

QUOTE said:
Though trying it now, I see Edge's book is still untranslated. Is it's name stored elsewhere or just an oversight?

Good question! Jisteatin translated most of the item names, so it might be an oversight. We worked for about 6 hours straight translating items. I'm not suprised we missed one. After I beat Crisis Core, I might go back and start cleaning up the translation. Get it ready for a 1.00 release. Don't expect it anytime soon though.
rolleyes.gif

m3rox

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not yet, but by the time these guys get done with the partial translation, the US version should be out
tongue.gif

TheSpade

Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
m3rox said:
Not yet, but by the time these guys get done with the partial translation, the US version should be out
tongue.gif
Sadly, Square-Enix has yet to announce any plans on bringing Final Fantasy IV stateside. I'd preorder it in a heartbeat, if they would. At least, we will see Final Fantasy Tactics A2 this summer.

thecrash1973

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
So what exactly as been translated and which patch version needs to download and from where, and as anyone checked out the partial translation on gamefaqs for the nds version of this.

Thanks in advance!!!!

I had a look at this rom in hexecute and it was all over place loads of different tables for items and such.

I take it this one is no longer getting translated, what a shame this is one pet peeve I hate people starting things they just can't finish.

Not saying that anyones fault at least someone tried.

BelmontSlayer

Pokémon Master
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
thecrash1973 said:
So what exactly as been translated and which patch version needs to download and from where, and as anyone checked out the partial translation on gamefaqs for the nds version of this.

The first post of this thread contains the most recent patch and a description of what has been translated. This patch translates, menus, items, weapons, armor, spells, attacks, decants, ect. Basically, everything except for the actual dialog. We don't plan to and never did plan to translate the dialog so don't complain.

QUOTE(thecrash1973 @ Apr 4 2008, 08:38 AM) I take it this one is no longer getting translated, what a shame this is one pet peeve I hate people starting things they just can't finish.

The only left to do is a couple decant descriptions, locations and a few other miscellaneous things. The final version will be released when we take the time out to make it. All three of us a tired of this project and will finish it when we do. Over 100 hours was put into this and it's 99% complete , so don't complain about not finishing something.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: ahh nothing beats a coffee disaronno at work