[WIP] MHX Translation Patch (ENG)

Discussion in '3DS - ROM Hacking, Translations and Utilities' started by dasding, Nov 20, 2015.

1. kamesenin888

kamesenin888 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 20, 2007
    We already have an English patch FYI the player base for mhx is far superior than the western one, the only thing you miss with the patch is the story

2. Tomato Hentai

Tomato Hentai baja boner blast

Oct 30, 2014
    Canada
    actually north korea. please send help
    The only differences I've noticed are the spelling of monster's names, like Maccau/Maccao.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

3. Rhan

Rhan Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 13, 2016
    I needed the Japanese version for the DLC.

4. bomigoton

bomigoton GBAtemp Regular

Mar 8, 2009
    Gambia, The
    Does anybody know if a Monster Hunter Stories translation is planned? Demo comes on Tuesday. Game releases October 8th.

Curious what the not yet anounced Monster Hunter Game will be, which they plan to sell 2million till march 2017.

5. Zephir1991

Zephir1991 GBAtemp Fan

Jul 21, 2012
    Germany
    Does someone got the 1.3 patch, to play online? c:

6. bomigoton

bomigoton GBAtemp Regular

Mar 8, 2009
    Gambia, The
    The update is on that site.
    Does the NTR version of the patch work with it still? Have to try.
    It seems the update just makes some promotion for the MHXX demo on Wednesday an the release next month 18th.

patch 1.3 info:
    http://darksouls2.blog.jp/archives/1064226240.html

7. DarkSynopsis

DarkSynopsis GBAtemp Fan

Oct 15, 2014
    New Zealand
    New Zealand
    Odd to see a patch even if its just promoting MHXX, maybe it edits save files in some way to get them ready for MHXX? don't know if its worth getting the translation working again if it doesn't already since we have MHG and MHXX is next month.

Hoping Generations can be used to make a fairly quick translation patch for MHXX.

8. Pixel Eater

Pixel Eater Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 1, 2014
    United States
    Would someone be so kind as to reupload mhxsavefix.exe. I think people will have problems with their shoutouts going back to MHXX, and it may solve that.

9. dasding
    OP

dasding GBAtemp Regular

Oct 25, 2015
    Germany
    it's back up

Pixel Eater likes this.
  10. Pixel Eater

Newcomer
    Dec 1, 2014
    United States
    Thanks for that. Shame I can't seem to roll the patch into Update 1.3, despite having all the old tools for doing it. Following the old method and installing the cia simply results in the game still saying "A software update is available." and a looping 3DS launch screen. I just felt like seeing if it could be done.

11. DarkSynopsis

DarkSynopsis GBAtemp Fan

Oct 15, 2014
    New Zealand
    New Zealand
    When building with Makerom you need to make sure "-ver" in command line matches the version of the current update, can find out by running "ctrtool -i" on the update .cia as for the looping, could be the patch is broken? I recall reading on reddit someone mentioning not to include the "quest.arc" and "quest folder" from this patch, haven't tried it myself, don't play MHX online only installed it again ready to move my character over so just left it on previous update.

Pixel Eater likes this.
  12. Pixel Eater

Newcomer
    Dec 1, 2014
    United States
    Couldn't have gotten anything done if you hadn't made those suggestions. Thanks for the quick and informative response. So yes, I wasn't paying attention to how my patches were saying Version: 3152 (3.5.0) in FBI when they should read 3168 (3.6.0). I simply needed to use the command -minor 6 instead of -minor 5. I did confirm the looping red screens happen if you include quest.arc and the quest folder. I'm too tired to test if leaving in a smaller selection of those works at all, and frankly it's probably something only @dasding knows how to revise. I did succeed at getting menus etc. at least, but that quest folder contained the actual bulk of the 10 megabytes of translations, so it is unfortunate having to discard all that. I am glad I kept all these old files around.

13. DarkSynopsis

DarkSynopsis GBAtemp Fan

Oct 15, 2014
    New Zealand
    New Zealand
    Seems odd the latest update would break those files, I mean they aren't even originally part of the update data so it should still just be trying to overwrite them on the base game, taking a quick look at the files with the .arc files extracted the only difference seems to be some .mca (audio) files and the .cro files, I've no idea what a .cro file does, I believe Pokemon has them also? imagine the code.bin also changed.

I can't imagine anyone is really going to look into it much with MHG and MHXX around the corner.

At the very least maybe you could rebuild the base game with the patch? was how it originally worked till the update came along and was easier to contain the english patch within that.

14. dasding
    OP

dasding GBAtemp Regular

Oct 25, 2015
    Germany
    .cro files are relocatable code objects, so pretty important and most likely to be the cause of the red screen.

15. acofmelt

acofmelt Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 21, 2017
    Can this patch be used with XX to translate the parts of the game that have been already translated from X?

16. Kibido

Kibido GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Apr 3, 2014
    Italy
    No.